June 18, 2018, 12:24:32 AM

Author Topic: Many god games have charts but not this one  (Read 731 times)

Fegazeus

• View Profile
Many god games have charts but not this one
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »
Charts! Charts everywhere. For anything and everything. Charts are good, we should eat a lot of it.

Hi there,

I don't know if I'm using the wrong keywords in google, but the latest results I'm getting for gnomoria regarding charts go way back to 2013. Only old mods that are no longer supported or developed and now outdated.

The main idea was just to have a check-board chart with all gnomes skills or defining professions with charts instead of vertical lists and many many clicks. But this could extend to stockpiles and other things too.

Several old and recent god games already have those kind of charts: rimworld, oxygen not included, even dwarf fortress had a mod for that.

Whatcha think 'bout that?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:24:14 AM by Fegazeus »

admanter

• View Profile
Re: Many god games have charts but not this one
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
I think many of us would love that, but gnomoria is not longer receiving updates. The developer has moved on.

There is a re-implemntation project in the works https://www.reddit.com/r/ingnomia/.
It is borrowing artwork from gnomoria with dev's blessing (provided ingnomia is free).

It is still early in development, but you can see the progress made so far, and give them your suggestion.