September 20, 2017, 12:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Mants in Year 3! Oh, the horror!  (Read 1136 times)

GnomeGuyMax

• View Profile
Mants in Year 3! Oh, the horror!
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:28:04 PM »
Check out what happened here: http://imgur.com/a/vbKc :'(b
I think I lost my year 3 kingdom. Pride Peak had 19 gnomes it it. Sometime in mid-year 2, a mant scout came. I killed it and didn't think anything of it - the only casualty was a yak and some minor injuries. A worker came in the following season and it was killed as well. The next season, seven workers came and killed nine of my gnomes before making off with lots of yak milk. The imgur post chronicles the attack, because I was making it as the attack happened.  :'( The latest battle involved the death of nine of my nineteen gnomes.

GnomeGuyMax

• View Profile
Re: Mants in Year 3! Oh, the horror!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
Update: the mants came back the next day, proceeded to slaughter two more, and stole the rest of the yak milk. Then they started stealing the wine... they marched past my great hall on the way from the pasture to the cellar and started killing the rest of my gnomes. They're all dead now. RIP :(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:35:48 PM by GnomeGuyMax »

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »
Do not think that earlygame gnomes can stand 1:1 vs a mant. Mants have natural armour and weapons that are bronze strenght and pretty good stats to boot.

Pro tip: until your army can handle mants (iron or better weapons, rather good fighting skill (90 ish) crushing weapons would be best), find and kill the mant scout. scour the land every day, and kill it without fail.

Mants only attack you after the scout has successfully survived his mission - and a single mant can be killed by 5 mediocre kitted out gnomes (bronze armour and weapons makes this task easy).
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

GnomeGuyMax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »
Mants only attack you after the scout has successfully survived his mission
I remember seeing one scout and had my military troop take it out. There was no food on the map that wasn't inside my base, as I try to be very uptight about it. There could've been a scout sometime while my gnomes were all inside, but i find it not very likely. It's just more incentive to watch out for it in the future. Also, I used slicing weapons on the first mant scout and severed her stinger and legs so that she couldn't do much in the way of attacking, and then beat the pulp out of her with a war-hammer, which seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the feedback, though!

Sentol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:08 AM »
They are super hard to deal with early and it can be annoying when you feel like you've watched out for the scout but randomly missed it.