November 21, 2017, 11:23:01 AM

Author Topic: A Blind Soldier Gnome Isn't Visiting The Hospital  (Read 535 times)

GnomeGuyMax

• View Profile
A Blind Soldier Gnome Isn't Visiting The Hospital
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »
I have a nice kingdom, summer of year 2. My military setup is 5 out of 18 (i think it's 18 anyways, but it's one full squad) gnomes that are very well equipped and train 24/7 while the other gnomes train none of the time (unlike my previous kingdoms which I had all gnomes training 1/3 of the time, which didn't work out well). When one of the 5 gnomes is injured, he/she either a) bandages themselves up or b) gets bandaged up/treated in a hospital by my 'doctor/cook' profession gnomes. One of my soldiers was wounded by a mant scout and was stung in the head. His helmet was broken earlier in the battle and he took the damage. The soldier gnome had bleeding injuries in the jaw as well as being blinded in both eyes. He went to the bandage stockpile and healed up his jaw but remained blinded. I only realized he never healed his blindness when i looked at the combat logs of the training a while later and saw he was taking lots of hits but not dealing any damage. Usually when a gnome is blind, injured, seriously injured, or has a mangled limb/eye, they visit the hospital and get healed up. However, he continues to train despite his injuries and will not be treated. I've made sure the hospital wasn't suspended and that there were free beds. Under health, it says "Engle (the gnome's name) is blind" and doesn't say "Engle has a mangled eye" etc. Can anyone help? Thank you :-)

Merry76

• View Profile
Re: A Blind Soldier Gnome Isn't Visiting The Hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »
You cant help him, he will stay blind. If the eye was just "mangled" he could get that treated by a doctor, but "blind" basically means "Eyes are too far gone/missing to patch up". You can retire him (he can still craft while being blind, as weird as that sounds), or send him to combat while being blind until he dies. He wont make much of a difference on the battlefield though, since blind gnomes almost always miss the enemy (thankfully they do not attack friends by accident though. That would be hilarious/dangerous).

If you are cruel, you can let him starve or send him to battle butt naked, wich will get him killed and yield you and give you a replacement gnome next season. Surprisingly, most players do this...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

GnomeGuyMax

• View Profile
Re: A Blind Soldier Gnome Isn't Visiting The Hospital
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:56:06 AM »
So would retiring her be just making a new class (Retired or Floridian maybe?) which does nothing? I think i'm gonna do that. I have a doctor who's missing an arm and he's still a doctor, but blindness is a different issue. I think i'll give her a room and a private barrel of wine to live out the rest of her days in happiness. It's a better alternative. I can't send her into battle, that'd be plain wrong. Thanks for the help, though!