December 16, 2017, 04:42:42 AM

Author Topic: Brutal bone mod request  (Read 1052 times)

frullic

• View Profile
Brutal bone mod request
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I had an idea for a challenge partially based on Tacyn's Ivory mod.

A bone fortress of BRUTALITY where all wood and stone items are also bone-based, and all metal items are refined goblinite.

The Ivory mod allows wood products to be made from bone, bones make decent walls, goblinite ore is plentiful and easily smelted, but there are two things missing.

1. Goblins, ogres, and two-headed ogres don't produce bones when butchered.
2. There is no way to turn bone to stone like the Ivory mod does for bone to plank conversion

I have been able to crudely mod the first option, after eventually figuring out that to modify the goblin butchery drops, you actually have to modify the gnome entries in bodypart.xml. I have, unfortunately, also been unable to stick my mod on the workshop.

Basically, could someone with superior mod-fu please build a mod that will allow the construction of the most BRUTAL fortress ever? It would bring much-needed anti-goblin violence to the Workshop and hopefully the blood of goblins poured on a giant temple built from the innumerable carcasses of goblins will help summon RoboB0b from the deathly void.

Tacyn

• View Profile
Re: Brutal bone mod request
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:29:41 AM »
Both of those things are possible in my base mods.
Goblins and Ogers drop bones
and using alchemy bones can be turned into blocks and metal.

frullic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
Hmmm, if Alchemy and Ivory are compatible with each other (the rest of the mods are mostly unneeded) I am going to need lots of battle brew and privacy.

Battle brew being a mix of root beer and navy rum (75.5% alcohol by volume).

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:04 AM »
Ivory is also already part of the base mod.