November 21, 2017, 09:45:35 AM

Author Topic: *SPOILER* Weapon Calculations  (Read 1611 times)

CabbageFoot

• View Profile
*SPOILER* Weapon Calculations
« on: November 09, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
I made a table for those who are curious: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ofZgMrx4ptZpGNOeb626HuNlMYucKkP2S85Imga7wHY/edit?usp=sharing

I hope the data makes sense. If you have questions post them, others may be able to answer them If i do not.

*Ranged weapon calculations were made based on if the weapon was used for melee damage, if you want to know how much damage or DPS the weapon actually does just multiply it by the ammo quality modifier ranging from x1.0 for copper up to x5.2 for steel.

*These calculations assume that your weapon end up legendary, which if we are honest happens to all weapons in a short amount of time being used given just how many goblins get thrown at us.

*The last line calculates overall DPS per hand used assuming the targets are 50% leather and 50% plate users. This is not necessarily true because roughly 70% of combatants seem to be goblin fighters in steel armor when you hit high kingdom worth.

admanter

• View Profile
Re: *SPOILER* Weapon Calculations
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »
This is great work. Good job collecting the info.

I dont see material quality in your table, I would find that helpful to include. You might clone the sheet at each material type.

Also it'd be helpful to lock visible the left two columns for anyone who doesnt have a particularly wide display.

Fenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:52:29 AM »
Whelp... Seems i need to rebalance my weapons some more...
Also don't forget that some weapons have multiple atack patterns that alter damage and damage type.

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:48:01 AM »
Allthough I like the work you put into this, I am afraid I have to say your calculations are quite off.
The most important thing you forgot is that the damage of a weapon is not decided by just the edge modifier.

Weapons (or rather attack types) have 3 damage types:
Point = Pierce
Edge = Slashing
Blunt = blunt

Armour types (or rather armour materials) have the same 3 absorbtion types.
So the effective damage a weapon does depends on the type of damage it inflicts for the type of attack used, against that absorbtion type of the enemies armour.

Taking all that into account, the balance of weapons comes out quite differently.

Late game most enemies will be using metal armour or mant chitin which is weak against blunt, hence why most veteran players equip most of their gnomes with hammers, since hammers are the best weapon against those armours.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
... unless you get massed twoheaded ogres, then the blunties wont do much against them. At this point shooters or blades start to shine. Shooters only do because they are average (or "meh") against everything.

Unless you mod the shit out of the values, of course.
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 07:05:25 AM »
Offcourse, I was not trying to be limitative :)
I was just trying to point out that a comparison of weapons needs more data then just 1 type of damage and no account for armour types :)