November 22, 2017, 06:55:40 AM

Author Topic: CTD at a specific time  (Read 899 times)

AStro88

• View Profile
CTD at a specific time
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
EDIT: problem was solved as written at the end of this post, now I still have a minor pproblem, do you know the spot where finished items are piled up in the workshops? my kitchen has said pile full and I can't haul it to the stockpiles which are not full and so available for the task, the command clean floor doesn't work as the items are permanently marked yellow and never turn green to be hauled in the right place, now I'm a pretty cheap workaround by simply move the kitchen in another place but the square where items are piled up can't be used and I wondering what to do if this problem will happen again.

PS. I think we're talking about ghost items.

I'm playing gnomoria (version 1.0 if anyone wonders) with some mods, these are: ESP mod v 1.0, fortress, Jays Pack v 0.43 and Example Mod: IM ReadToLearn..
I've had some first issues with the latter.. Some days ago, while having my blind armorer female gnome (which sacrificed herself to the defense against a horde of goblins, paying a much lighter cost to other 5 gnome guards)
studying armorcrafting at the study, the game seemed to crash just before she reached level 66 in said skill. So I turned off the study in that skill to have her train the classic way, by forging armors, I'm recalling this because beside the fact that it was the only other moment with the occurance of CTD, it happened apparently in a specific time, which changed only if I paused her studying..
Yesterday something similar happened, I was managing my kingdom, while my marksgnome squad was having some sort of deadblock in the fight with a beetles horde deep underground [theyall  have legendary steel and oricalcum crossbows (a stronger that steel metal found in Jays Pack) with stone bolts but are having a hard time killing the bugs] my game suddenly CTD.

No matter what I try, at 6:18 of that day, it crashes.

Nobody is studying, only a handful of workshops are working (2 tinker benches with Automatons working to increase curiosity, a distillery, 2 furnaces) other than only some hauling tasks and soldier training are in process.

I tried shutting down all the workshops, cancelling the hauling from the kitchen which was blocked due to the amount of processed food stuck in the completed pile (which I can't haul due to unknown reasons resulting in the kitchen blocked permanently, other weird problem), i tried to use Gnomoria savegame editor to eliminate all beetles and coocons responsible for the FPS drop, I tried Yet Another Gnomoria Editor because the first failed in its task, using it to delete all hostiles except golems and spiders (I haven't encountered spiders yet and there is a trinite golem, made of the strongest Jays Pack metal, wandering and waiting to be destroyed) but the game still crashes. It's the 10th year and I don't really want to restart the game from scratch again.

So here it is the copy of the CTDs since the first one yesterday (there are more but since most of them are the same as the first I've copied only the two different version of log I've seen in the file):

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Date: 29/09/2016 19:21:58
Assembly: gnomoria.exe
 Version: 1.0.0.0
   World: world04
 Message: La raccolta stata modificata. L'operazione di enumerazione potrebbe non essere eseguita.
Translated : Collection was modified. Enumeration operation may not execute.
   in System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   in System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   in System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   in Game.GameEntityManager.c888bc36af8719ea94bfb1f01dc886761()
   in Game.GameEntityManager.Update(Single dt)
   in Game.GnomanEmpire.cce48101c3be44fa5bd8b6826610afdec(Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   in Game.GnomanEmpire.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   in A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

Crash log type 2 (this one probably was created due to my modifications to the save game while using Yet Another Gnomoria Editor)

Date: 29/09/2016 19:51:54
Assembly: Gnomoria.exe
 Version: 1.0.0.0
   World: world04
 Message: Indice oltre i limiti della matrice. Translation: Index exceeds matrix dimensions
   in GnomoriaEditor.MainWindow.FixGhostItems_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   in System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   in System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   in System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   in System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   in System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   in System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   in System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   in System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   in System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   in System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   in System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   in System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   in System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   in System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   in MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   in MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   in System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   in System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   in System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   in GnomoriaEditor.App.Main()

Any help to save my kingdom from CTD apocalypse would be kindly appreciated

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem myself. I thought i was maybe due to some sort of spawn, but in fact it was the opposite, one of the markgnomes was dying of thirst, kicking him off the squad let him die at 6:18 without crashing the game cause he was stuck shooting at beetles while running up and down some stairs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:01:40 AM by AStro88 »

Willbulle

• View Profile
Re: CTD at a specific time
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 04:05:25 AM »
Crossbowment get stuck on stairs when there is some form of LOS to beetles, I recently noticed that one too.

I found the solution to not make haulers in squads for now.