March 26, 2017, 08:02:46 AM

Author Topic: Game crash when deconstructing a pump  (Read 542 times)

igmac

• View Profile
Game crash when deconstructing a pump
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »
Bugzilla no longer exists. Is the game still maintained?

Attached a save game that will crash as the pump is deconstructed to demonstrate the bug.

Ok, forget that. Ridiculously small attach file capability and I can't attach the save file (2.426mb). So, how to file properly now that Bugzilla is gone?

igmac

• View Profile
Re: Game crash when deconstructing a pump
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »
nvm, read a few other posts. Game abandoned I see.  Damn.

admanter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
nvm, read a few other posts. Game abandoned I see.  Damn.

Stopping it, or running it out of power might fix the problem. Yes game is currently unmaintained. Bugzilla long dead. Posting your crash logs might help the few of us lurking to help a fellow gnoministrator out.

igmac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »
Thanks kindly for the offer admanter. I'll try those two suggestions next time I run it. It was deflating to my gameplay to discover how bad the situation re the developer was, so maybe on the weekend I'll rethink it.

Sad that the only ones still able to get hold of the developer is Steam to give him his regular sales cheque.

Think I might just fire up Dwarf Fortress instead though.

GothikX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 02:27:10 PM »
I tried to reproduce this and I can't; if you can provide a savegame where this happens, I will try to determine the issue and include it in the community patcher I'm planning to release soon (thank adamanter for prodding me into action).

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 12:48:08 AM »
I tried to reproduce this and I can't; if you can provide a savegame where this happens, I will try to determine the issue and include it in the community patcher I'm planning to release soon (thank adamanter for prodding me into action).

Would you be willing to also take a look at bugs that only occur in modded games?

GothikX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 06:47:52 AM »
Would you be willing to also take a look at bugs that only occur in modded games?

I would, but I can't promise anything, some issues may be simply too time consuming to come up with a patch for :P

Edit: I now have things set up so that I can debug issues muuuuch more easily, so I'm willing to tackle even difficult stuff. Go on Tacyn, throw something my way! Your mod is awesome, btw.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:01:54 AM by GothikX »