June 22, 2017, 09:37:29 AM

Poll

Yes or no?

Good idea
Nope

Author Topic: Start a petition? Open Code  (Read 2363 times)

juaner

• View Profile
Start a petition? Open Code
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
well is just an a idea and i hope u dont read it like something made with hate or anger is just to get heard by the dev

can't we start a petition? here https://www.change.org/petition to ask to the dev that he opens the code so we can end the game. Its a great game that i hope to see finish like this road map he wrote http://steamcommunity.com/app/224500/discussions/0/540739405341183213/

well i u ask for it we can open it hopefully he read it and maybe he talks with us and get to something.

what do u say?

admanter

• View Profile
Re: Start a petition? Open Code
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
well is just an a idea and i hope u dont read it like something made with hate or anger is just to get heard by the dev

can't we start a petition? here https://www.change.org/petition to ask to the dev that he opens the code so we can end the game. Its a great game that i hope to see finish like this road map he wrote http://steamcommunity.com/app/224500/discussions/0/540739405341183213/

well i u ask for it we can open it hopefully he read it and maybe he talks with us and get to something.

what do u say?

Its not likely to be met with success. Dev is likely very tired, this will only make that worse. Petition really doesnt belong on change.org.

Many dev's dont believe in releasing their own work to the public.

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:20 PM »
Robobob has the possibility to come here, and express himself. Why he doesn't is up to him. You can make a petition, ask a signed word from your parents, or whatever, it will change nothing. Robobob is the developper of the game and the only owner of its code. You have absolutely no right to try and force him into anything, let alone the means. I think such petition would be plain wrong.
Koub - Please keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for your tolerance.

pacgnome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »
I'm a naysayer too. Despite being seriously disappointed about the lack of communication by the dev after the release, he worked hard to create Gnomoria and asking him to give up his rights would be insulting. He wouldn't earn nothing more from it, while he should be rewarded for providing a good game, even if it hasn't all the content we were hoping before the release.

Impaler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »
Robobob has the possibility to come here, and express himself. Why he doesn't is up to him. You can make a petition, ask a signed word from your parents, or whatever, it will change nothing. Robobob is the developper of the game and the only owner of its code. You have absolutely no right to try and force him into anything, let alone the means. I think such petition would be plain wrong.

Petitions are by definition the opposite of the use of force.

If people are interested in open source code I have a project on Sourceforge called Khazad, see my sig, anyone is free to fork it as it is GPL, it's very far from being even alpha though.  I do most of my development in the winter btw so that's a good time to get in touch if you want to collaborate.

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 12:46:13 AM »
A petition is another way to say "we are legitimate to make you do something because we are so many". If I make a petition because I want all your belongings, and I have tens of thousands people who sign with me, will you give us all what is yours ? :). PEtitions are good for democratic choices. HEre, there is no reason democratic process should apply.
Koub - Please keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for your tolerance.

lordSeaworth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
Well he shoudln't make a game and ask for money if he doesn't plan on talking to the fanbase.
Thats like litterly robbing us of our money. No matter what work you made already. Thats not how developers work.

admanter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
Well he shoudln't make a game and ask for money if he doesn't plan on talking to the fanbase.
Thats like litterly robbing us of our money. No matter what work you made already. Thats not how developers work.

Shouldnt and cannot are different things, you're mixing those two different ideas.

If you feel particularly burned by this, quickly ask steam for a refund.

Phtal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 04:55:03 AM »
NO NO ... well NO

frullic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
Can we at least first get some sort of confirmation that RoboB0b is actually alive?

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 09:26:30 PM »
He is.

admanter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 05:16:13 AM »
He is.

Out of curiosity, how do you know?

frullic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
I was just going to ask for evidence. My mother did not raise me to leave sources uncited and statements unchecked.

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
I have seen movement on his twitter not-so-long ago. I assume it's a sign he was alive at that time, or that his spirit was so powerful that he was able to post from the place where the spirits of the ancient devs rest when the devs leave us   ::)

frullic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
Seems like he died a year ago, judging by the fact that the latest posts are from feb 2016.

https://twitter.com/robob0b_?lang=en