April 30, 2017, 05:57:36 AM

Author Topic: How to use mods? Steam Workshop  (Read 2582 times)

toothface

• View Profile
How to use mods? Steam Workshop
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »
I've already posted on the Gnomoria Discussions in steam, and found no answers there.
Basically, when selecting a mod I've downloaded on steam workshop, in the New Game screen, it's empty. Shown here: http://prntscr.com/axwtkf
How do I make it show up? This is the same for all workshop downloads for Gnomoria. However, sometimes mods show up in other mods I've downloaded. Shown here: http://prntscr.com/axwua5
How do I make it work properly? This just doesn't seem right.

Wild Braas

• View Profile
Re: How to use mods? Steam Workshop
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:17 AM »
I wait for answer too :)
Я художник, я так вижу.

My mods: Auto resume after saving Perfomance dreams Auto trading Herold Happy Farmer

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »
I wrote a guide on how to use my mod in the mod's description.

Usage:
To use the mod select 'New Game'-> Advanced Setup -> Select Mods.
Then choose 'Tacyn's Base Mod v1.8' from the list next to 'Base Mod'.
Afterwards select 'back' and 'Generate' to begin.

Additionally, you can select mods from the 'Available Mods' list.
This mod is compatible with Flowers, Decorative Floors, Grave and
Prepared Gnomes Module.
To add them doubleclick on them in the list so they appear below 'Selected Mods'.

To use an older version download it via the links in the Changes-tab or in News & Updates.
Extract its content and move the 'Mod Files' folder into your SteamApps\common\Gnomoria\Mods folder and rename it. It will then appear in the list of base mods under the name set in settings.ini.

Namiraja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »
You select a base mod (like Tacyns for example) - that's the one on the top. In your first screenshot it'd be Enemy Kingdoms, in the second it's Tacyns.
With this selected, you can add included mods. All included mods available are listed under available mods. As Tacyn wrote, you can select them with double click, what'll switch the mod to the selected mods list on the right.
So in your second screenshot, you could double click Enemy Kingdoms to add it to the right, you'd then have Tacyns base mod and enemy kingdoms active.

Basemods can't be included, that's why Tacys base mod (and maybe other mods) doesn't show up in the list of available mods, when you selected a other base mod.

So for your example: Tacy is a base mod - can't be combined with other base mods, but you can add included mods. Enemy Kingdoms is an included mod, you can select it on it's own or add it to other base mods.

toothface

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
You select a base mod (like Tacyns for example) - that's the one on the top. In your first screenshot it'd be Enemy Kingdoms, in the second it's Tacyns.
With this selected, you can add included mods. All included mods available are listed under available mods. As Tacyn wrote, you can select them with double click, what'll switch the mod to the selected mods list on the right.
So in your second screenshot, you could double click Enemy Kingdoms to add it to the right, you'd then have Tacyns base mod and enemy kingdoms active.

Basemods can't be included, that's why Tacys base mod (and maybe other mods) doesn't show up in the list of available mods, when you selected a other base mod.

So for your example: Tacy is a base mod - can't be combined with other base mods, but you can add included mods. Enemy Kingdoms is an included mod, you can select it on it's own or add it to other base mods.

Oh god, I just now figured it out. There was no "ok" button so I simply could not for the life of me see that the mod was active. Thanks man.
Btw; there is something about your mod causing huge fps drops when zooming out and increasing elevation. Even on a brand new Tiny map the fps drops to below 10. No idea if there's a discussion about it on the workshop.

Tharis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:33:22 AM »
Sorry for Necro posting this however I have the same issue.

I followed Tacyn's instructions:

To use the mod select 'New Game'-> Advanced Setup -> Select Mods.
Then choose 'Tacyn's Base Mod v1.8' from the list next to 'Base Mod'.
Afterwards select 'back' and 'Generate' to begin.

Once I choose the base mod and hit back it goes back to the advanced setup screen as normal I hit generate and it crashes the game. Now I figure this is because the mod pack, as is currently available, has some conflicting mods inside it; such as certain features on or off and both are included in the pack.  Here is the issue with this... Since there are no mods in the available mods field as is the same issue that toothface originally posted, I cannot select which features I'd like to have active and which I do not want active. But the instructions for loading this mod were so simple that it doesn't answer the question why I'm not seeing any mods from within the pack to select in the first place.

I won't lie I didn't want to post this because I feel incredibly stupid that I cannot get it to work and do not want to bother people with such a dumb question, but I see no alternative. Is there some step I'm missing? Do I need to unpack something before I hop into the game client and select the mod? I'm unsure because there are no instructions for this just Pick the base mod and generate... which doesn't work.

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:45:23 AM »
Which version are you using?
The 1.x or 2.x?

Tharis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
2.0 sorry I forgot to edit the instructions to show that I'm using the latest version. I'm guessing (and hoping) there is a step that needs to be completed first or something I'm missing to make this show up?

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 01:05:00 AM »
2.0 requires several additional mods to work.
The description on the workshop page explains its usage.

Alkoholiker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 08:21:19 AM »
where are the mod files saved if you download them from the workshop?

found it:

ones own mods are in SteamApps\common\Gnomoria\Mods

mods from the workshop are in \SteamApps\workshop\content\224500 (224500 is the game id of gnomoria)

check out this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642019285
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:11:50 AM by Alkoholiker »