April 25, 2017, 01:22:26 PM

Author Topic: Game abandoned? No more Dev communication  (Read 3539 times)

• View Profile
Game abandoned? No more Dev communication
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:28:31 AM »
Is it somehow usefull to still post bugs or anything? Actually it feels like the developer has abandoned the game since release of 1.0 with all the remaining bugs. There is also no communication anymore. It seems, there will nothing happen anymore, its fine to leave a project, but to stop the communiction completly to the community is something weird.

A simple *i dont want to work anymore at this project" is better than completely ignore the community and give a shit to the community.

admanter

• View Profile
Re: Game abandoned? No more Dev communication
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:14:28 PM »
Is it somehow usefull to still post bugs or anything? Actually it feels like the developer has abandoned the game since release of 1.0 with all the remaining bugs. There is also no communication anymore. It seems, there will nothing happen anymore, its fine to leave a project, but to stop the communiction completly to the community is something weird.

A simple *i dont want to work anymore at this project" is better than completely ignore the community and give a shit to the community.

Its always been a bit slow, no need to jump to conclusions. We've had a couple indirect words from one of the mods regarding other things.

Post your bug reports to the bug section, or to the latest dev release post, that seems to be where the greatest visibility is.

also, you can see when dev was last active by checking his user account.
When i looked today it was, "April 11, 2016, 03:23:55 PM".  Not encouraging, but also, not feburary when 1.0 was released.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:16:43 PM by admanter »

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »
Gnomoria was recently added to GoG.com and there was the trouble with the forum migration.
Both probably took some time to complete and could explain Robobob's lack of activity on the forum.

Fenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:04:20 AM »
Well who can blame us for thinking the game is abandoned when even the official website is falling apart: http://gnomoria.com/downloads/ (And still refers to early access...)

bizantia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »
Just to note than an abandoned game and an unupdated webpage are two different things.

I would like to see regular content updates, though I don't expect them.

Postponed or delayed progress is also different than abandoning a project.

I assume the developer has other life requirements that demand his time, which I understand.  He essentially took on a massive independent project by creating this game.

Hopefully he continues to play a roll in the progression of Gnomoria.

I like the possibilities inherent in the modding community.

Fenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:39:22 AM »
Of course it is not the same.
Of course i hope i am wrong.

But i had seen the same development with "towns".
And that wound burns still bright.

Also it is irritating that Robobob was able to post about the Forum mantanance and to manage the gog release but not to simple create a post like:
Yes i'm still working on Gnomoria.
Or: I'm just taking a vacation. (Anybody would be okay with that)
But the complete halt on communication together with the Bugzilla that is offline: http://bugzilla.gnomoria.com/
and the sorry state for the website gives off an pretty dark outlook for gnomoria  :(

Like I said i hope im wrong.

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:24 AM »
Bugzilla has been offline for years.