March 28, 2017, 01:09:24 AM

Author Topic: [MOD] Extended Metals  (Read 2607 times)

Drogdovah

• View Profile
[MOD] Extended Metals
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:51:38 AM »
Hello!

I was bothered by the use of some metals, for example, you're never gonna craft copper or iron gear because it's so much better to craft the alloy.
Or that the best choice for developing your army is to rush for iron, with no risk whatsoever, and go full steel production. Thus making lead close to useless.

So I made this mod! In this mod, I changed the combat stats of lead and platinum, and I added 1 new precious alloy (electrum) and 4 new high tier metals (tungsten, orichalcum, mithril, titanium).
I also added a research tree to metal smelting, with a new workshop, the smelting lab! Now, you will have to discover bronze, steel, and rose gold smelting, plus the smelting of all the new metals.

Includes :

-A new workshop, the smelting lab.
-The recipes to smelt bronze, steel, rose gold, and the new metals, now needs to be researched in the smelting lab.
-Added a new high-value alloy, electrum (1 bar of silver + 1 bar of gold).
-Changed the combat stats of lead and platinum. Lead is now slightly better than steel for blunt weapons, and platinum is slightly better than lead for blunt weapons.
-Added 4 new military metals : tungsten, orichalcum, mithril, and titanium. All require 2 raw ores and 2 coal to turn into one bar.
-Tungsten is the best material for blunt weapons, orichalcum for piercing weapons, mithril for slashing weapons, and titanium for armor.
-Kingdoms with high enough worth will see the goblins use the new metals.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ret0kacnbyt5ez/AADgB-BT2Lf1CQkvSQr4AX3Ea?dl=0

(I originally made the mod for the Steam Workshop, but sadly couldn't upload it. To use it, just put the folder in "your steam folder"\SteamApps\common\Gnomoria\Mods)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:56:38 AM by Drogdovah »

CabbageFoot

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] Extended Metals
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
Isn't platinum a precious metal? wouldn't that mean any hammer made out of that stuff would be extremely expensive in kingdom worth?

Alkoholiker

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] Extended Metals
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:23:48 AM »
yes and no, the most precious metal in game is steel, 2nd place rose gold, then platium. the values are 36, 25, 24.

then theres a huge gap, gold 12, bronze 9, iron and lead(!) 8, silver 6. tin, malachite and copper 2.