November 17, 2017, 05:00:32 PM

Author Topic: I Can't Pixel Art  (Read 2816 times)

Rephath

• View Profile
I Can't Pixel Art
« on: April 03, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
So, here is what I've been doing in Gnomoria:

Note that some of it's okay, some of it isn't, and the only truly awesome piece is the pile of skulls, which I copied and pasted.

There are some awesome pixel artists here, but I'm not one of them. I wish to become one. Any links to a good tutorial? But even better, could somebody look at what I have and give me the next steps to improving what I've got?

Anyway, let me explain what you're looking at:
Top Row
Block wall with windows, signpost front, signpost back, glass window, pile of skulls, sealed crate, treasure chest, basket, king's throne back, king's throne front, queen's throne front, queen's throne back, blank space.
2nd Row
Murder holes floor tile, blank space, writing desk front, writing desk back, steel grate, 5 types of bookshelf, complete fountain, fountain (dry), water overlay for fountain.
3rd Row
Engraved tombstone, obelisk, cross, tombstone, brazier, coals for brazier, long flowerpot, round flowerpot, swords wall hanging, shield wall hanging, I forgot what that is, a couple blank spaces.
4th Row
Podium front, podium back, urn, alternate statue front, alternate statue back, fruit salad, potted birch, potted pine, potted apple, christmas tree.
5th Row
Wooden shingle ramp sections
6th Row
Stone shingle ramp sections

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:23:55 PM by Rephath »

Merry76

• View Profile
Re: I Can't Pixel Art
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »
I feel with you. I cant do graphics at all. I can do numbers alright (and big quantitites of said numbers) but no graphics...

If I'd do a game, it would be look like dwarf fortress and play like a unresponsive version of tetris.
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Rephath

• View Profile
Re: I Can't Pixel Art
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 10:27:22 PM »
So, with all the mods going around, I thought I'd necro this if anyone wants to steal anything. I'll comment on a few pieces I thought most unique and easily implemented.

The signpost has a lot of editable information. You can use it especially for communicating with anyone who you give the save file to. Gravestones would allow you to write epitaphs and also who the grave is for. Potted flowers are one clay and one dirt. Potted trees combine one clay, one dirt, and one sapling. Christmas tree is one clay, one dirt, one sapling, one metal, with the metal determining the ornament color.