May 24, 2017, 08:42:05 AM

Author Topic: Slow crafting?  (Read 1003 times)

Xelasto

• View Profile
Slow crafting?
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:09:08 AM »
So my kingdom has been coming along nicely but I noticed that sometimes my gnomes take FOREVER to make something. For example, one of my blacksmiths is taking over 8 hours to make one Bronze armor plate. I've also noticed some woodcutters taking forever to make planks as well. I've seen this before but didn't think anything of it. Anybody have any idea what this is? (The blacksmith's armor crafting skill is level 14 BTW but it shouldn't take that long right?)

Fenrir

• View Profile
Re: Slow crafting?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:54:17 AM »
There are some factors that play into this.
The first one is sleep.
If the gnome gets tired they get slower.
Also any kind of armor is hindering at work.
So your workers will work slower if they are equipped with armor. (Leather is less taxing then metal armor but still noticeable)
And last but not least, some task have higher "difficulty" then others and are taking more time to craft/perform.

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 06:56:28 AM »
the workshop could also be cluttered.

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
Clutter is a very big factor. If there are 20 items on the tiles of the workshop, it will stop working. Less than that and the speed of production will decrease linearly with 5% per item, so if there are 19 items on the workshop tiles it will only work at 5% efficiency, very slowly in other words. The resources needed for the current work project do not count for this but any other items, regardless of which tile they are on or for what reason they ended up there, will count.