June 25, 2017, 08:27:53 AM

Author Topic: Is there a way I can build near enemies without gnomes fighting or fleeing?  (Read 1084 times)

jayj593

• View Profile
My kingdom is walled off everywhere except one small area that is the only place enemies can enter my kingdom. There is a series of doors that slow enemies a lot and I recently built a "watchtower" of sorts to snipe from. I want to trap the goblins there with a block of dirt so that I can make sure my sniper squad actually do their job from the tower, but no matter what I try, anytime a gnome sees the goblin horde, they will rush in and fight (and die), or run in fear without completing the build. Is there any configuration that might work? or should I just have the wall up before the goblins arrive?

Aynslei

• View Profile
Off the top of my head you have a few options.
  • Make the entire path the gnome takes and the location where they place the dirt wall completely hidden from any place the goblins may be. 
  • A mechanical wall switched on from the other side of your entrance.
  • A set of mechanisms to raise a wall after a pressure plate is stepped on.
  • Set the builder to military, but remove all settings for assist leader, maintain sight, and so on. (For this to work the builder will still need to be some distance from enemies)
Example of number 1: Having a covered maze with an opening at the front to allow a fill hole command.
If you are unsure about using mechanisms I can assist you with any question.

If you happen to be comfortable with mechanics you can try this method (http://imgur.com/a/A6B9I#0) Showing how a golem can be dropped onto a pressure plate to raise a wall after a pressure plate is stepped on.
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.

lordkatana

• View Profile
love your golem thingie!... but how the heck did you get the golem there in the first place.....

@OP... a mech wall would be the most simple option. You could even expand upon that so that when the goblins are stuck there (two mech wall to wall them in) it just turns into a turkey shoot and you can still make another path for leaving merchants and such (involves more single way mech walls)..

Aynslei

• View Profile
@lordkatana That last image(16) shows how the golem was put in the loop. Then the gnome that goes to reset the "switch" causes the golem to get trapped again.
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.