March 28, 2017, 01:15:23 AM

Author Topic: Do you play new Fallout 4 with mods?  (Read 1304 times)

OverLord

• View Profile
Do you play new Fallout 4 with mods?
« on: December 18, 2015, 03:45:51 AM »
Hello there!
Do you already play Fallout 4?
I want to buy it but I always modding my games) So I found some mods. How easy is to install it?

Razekh

• View Profile
Re: Do you play new Fallout 4 with mods?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »
It's easy enough to install and use, get the mods from http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/?. Use Nexus mod manager for installation and activation and Fallout 4 Config Tool (available from nexus) to set the .ini files properly for mods. (Mods are not officially supported yet) Nexus Mod Manager is also needed to ensure that Fallout 4 launcher doesn't deactivate the mods on startup.

The site that you pointed to seems to use unapproved re-uploads of the mods in question, so best not to use it. The mods there are not uploaded by the original author, it may be with their approval, but I wouldn't trust to that. If they do not have approval I believe the upload is illegal, and even if it is with approval they may not get updated properly. Most modmakers only maintain the mod on Nexus.

Mosquitobait

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 01:41:08 PM »
Hello there!
I want to buy it but I always modding my games) So I found some mods. How easy is to install it?

Quite the scraping-and-stealing-without-credit site they (or is it you? Are you a one-post SEO bot?) have there. Go to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/? instead.

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:41 PM »
Hello there!

Quite the scraping-and-stealing-without-credit site they (or is it you? Are you a one-post SEO bot?) have there. Go to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/? instead.

It does credit the original authors, with their nexus user names, without specifying the source as being from the nexus. But even with proper credit it wouldn't be acceptable without proper approval by the original author, and I doubt they would give it. They would more likely insist on a link to the nexus page.

EDIT: Just found this at the bottom of the page.
'All Rights Reserved. When copying material from this site link to the www.WorldOfMods.com is required.'
Oh, the irony.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:52:49 PM by Razekh »

Chatmetaleux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »
Fallout 4 is not a Fallout game, it's just a new FPS game for dummies  :(

RoaminGnome47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:36:42 AM »
Fallout 4 is not a Fallout game, it's just a new FPS game for dummies  :(

You are correct it is far from the Fallout and Fallout 2 (no one should talk about tactics, even the dev team that worked on it were not happy with it) but I still loved Fallout 3 and 4 seems decent so far. I have found a few newer games in the original Fallout style that I want to try tho...
This is really the name I use for everything, Gnomoria stood out to be the moment I saw the name :D