October 22, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

Author Topic: Some ideas I had while building my own mod  (Read 615 times)

Roboute

• View Profile
Some ideas I had while building my own mod
« on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:30 AM »
While working on my own mod I ran into a bunch of things that I would like to see implemented, so here goes.
Maybe some of the things below are allready possible and I just don't know how, please enlighten me if you know how to do these things :)
Lots of these might allready be proposed, please excuse me if they have, I checked the most recent posts, but not the entire list.

- Make it so walls are previewed in your cursor before placing, just like for example furniture or inclines are. That way you can see what you are trying to place before you actually place it.
- Make it so walls can be rotatable too, this is not an issue for perfectly symetrical walls, but I've added round walls and then it becomes a chore to have to use 4 different wall entries to place them.
- Make it so rotatable, non-symetrical, walls also automatically rotate their designated floor as set in the floor pairs.
- Make it possible to create your own menu root entry to place new wall types. I added fortress walls but I cannot make a seperate menu entry forthem, they have to be in the basic walls entry and that clutters up that entry quickly.
- Make it possible to set different skill increase amounts for your research branches, currently they all use the tinkering skill increase setting
- Make it possible to set and change the conditions in which monsters spawn, currently only golems have a little control, the others have none.
- Make it possible to use new conditions for monster spawning like time elapsed, date reached, current season, time of day, etc.
- Make it possible to set more than 1 condition to spawn monsters (using the lists above)
- Make it possible to set farm crops to only grow in a certain season
- Currently grow times for crops are a bit misleading as it generally takes twice the number of days you set in the files to actually grow.
- Make it possible to set how many seeds a crop gives when harvested, currently it seems hardcoded
- Make it possible to irigate or fertilize (or both) Farmland to gain certain bonuses, make it possible to set the bonus (faster growth time, more yield when harvested, higher quality when harvested)
- Add weather effects that can be set in the files and have an actual impact on the game (rain boosts farms, hot day increases drinks needed for gnomes, cold means they go indoors/to fires to warm up, etc)
- Make it possible to set conditions how new gnomes spawn for your empire
- Make blueprint settings work as requirement for item crafting in workshops and for workshop construction itself, and add it as requirement possibility for wall building.
- Add some form of bridge block/mechanic that is not just placing a floor above water. That way we could make things like drawbridges, or pitfall traps.
- Add the ability to set your own parameters for spawning stone layers in worldgen
- Add clay as a separate layer possibility or give options to set parameters for how it spawns in dirt layers (min-max depth, amount)
- Add tool requirements for mining/digging so that you need specific qualities or materials to mine/dig certain stone/ore/gems
- Make gnome skill requirements for tasks work
- Make weapons/tools/armour able to be crafted with skill or stat bonuses, so a sword that does +1 damage, or a pickaxe that increases mining speed or yields more stone etc.
-

Tacyn

• View Profile
Re: Some ideas I had while building my own mod
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 02:56:47 AM »
- Currently grow times for crops are a bit misleading as it generally takes twice the number of days you set in the files to actually grow.

Grow times refer to sunlight hours.
Since plants don;t grow at night, it  takes roughly  twice the number of days.

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 03:34:30 AM »
I know that, that is why I referred to it as misleading.
it would be much simpler to just refer to it in days, unless there is a different amount of sunlight in different seasons.
But I've seen no documentation on that yet :)

Tacyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:42:53 AM »
, unless there is a different amount of sunlight in different seasons.

There is. Days are longer in summer than spring or fall.
The formula can be found on the wiki. https://www.gnomoriawiki.com/wiki/Plants.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:45:18 AM by Tacyn »