October 22, 2017, 07:42:18 PM

Author Topic: Minimum threshold for crafting  (Read 532 times)

Hidra

• View Profile
Minimum threshold for crafting
« on: November 06, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »
This may have been suggested in the past but a quick search didn't yield any similar suggestions.

Currently all workshops have a "craft to" option. Which is undeniably usefull.
I suggest adding a "craft from" option to provide an acceptable range for item count.

Lets say you want 50 meals prepared at all times. A Gnome comes and eats a meal and a cook gets called from who knows where to cook the single meal now missing from the stock.

Now lets imagine that you could set a range, say 60-40, the cook will only be called when the count drops below 40 and he will cook continuosly until it hits 60.
Much more efficient then having him trek back and forth for a single meal each time.

I apologise for any typos, this was written on my phone :)

Impaler

• View Profile
Re: Minimum threshold for crafting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 12:49:26 AM »
I think it would be possible to get some reasonable 'inertia' to have a crafter continue working without needing the player to specify this manually.  The 'craft too' siren-song to craft just needs to be scaled relative to how low below the target your stocks are, when at >90% the priority is low (so they will work if their is nothing else to do) and ramps up as the stock gets depleted.

Hidra

• View Profile
Re: Minimum threshold for crafting
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 01:15:35 AM »
I think it would be possible to get some reasonable 'inertia' to have a crafter continue working without needing the player to specify this manually.  The 'craft too' siren-song to craft just needs to be scaled relative to how low below the target your stocks are, when at >90% the priority is low (so they will work if their is nothing else to do) and ramps up as the stock gets depleted.

It might be possible to do as you say, but i have a feeling that it will be much harder from a coding perspective.
Instead of raising a flag when hitting a limit and then letting the normal job priority take effect it will require setting a job with a special (and changing) priority depending on the current stock.

Also I personally would like to set a hard limit instead of relying on automatically scaling priorities.