July 20, 2017, 05:43:21 AM

Author Topic: The Land of Gnom - The Barons Keep.  (Read 3123 times)

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
The Land of Gnom - The Barons Keep.
« on: October 16, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »
Hello people of Gnomoria.

In this thread I'm going to tell the story of the construction of The Barons Keep. I have done this periviously on the forum and really enjoyed it.

http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=7746.0

The Admiral in my last story sent letters back to King Fizzlescrew. But this will be in a slightly different format. This will take the form of journal entries by the Baron. These personal reflections of the seasons should be more personal and should allow me to write more engaging entries.

I will also be using the economics mod on this kingdom also.

Please leave feedback or questions below and I will try my best to answer them and make this interesting to read.

Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:18:08 AM by Lord Bellom »

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
Re: The Land of Gnom - The Barons Keep.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:16:56 AM »
Dear journal,

It has been many months since the Goblin chief attacked and destroyed my ancestral home. Now myself, my tenants and servants are homeless. This may be a slight exaggeration. I am not being arrogant in saying that, second to the King himself, I am probably the richest Gnome in the whole Land of Gnom. Thankfully the vast majority of my wealth was not kept in the old Manor itself, although a large amount of it has been stolen by the Goblins. I have been supporting myself and my loyal people in the Capitol paying our rent and food in boarding houses since we arrived there.

But today we I set out. I have bought what resources I will need to found a new home in a new land. I have invited those who want to come to come with. Not all have accepted. But I have enough to set out immediately. It's no surprise that my loyal butler Mr Winkledank was the first to agree, he has barely left my side since the attack.

Now is the time to make our last minute checks. Tomorrow we make our way out. And I will succeed in founding a new home for me and my people, or my name isn't Baron Von Tinkbolt!

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »
Dear Journal we have done it.

Today we found the perfect spot to build on. I have decided that we will build a keep on the top of a small hill and then the town will spread below. There is plenty of water which if channeled correctly can seal of the village on two sides, the keep on the third, then we can wall off the rest. This should keep us safe from Goblin raiders. For now I have ordered my followers to begin harvesting what wild supplies we can find, dig protective ditches in a large distance around us to protect us and begin clearing all the trees in our way.

My Gnomes are keen and ready to work. Two of my tenant farmers signed up. On from a small yak farm and one of my regular farmers. Mr Winkledank is of course helping me manage everything and on of the maids, Whinjy Swiftbroom is helping as much as she can until the Keep is built. Two of the Lumberjacks from the old estate and two of the miners have signed up for this journey also. I am currently doing my bit and helping Troy and harvest crops until more help arrives... If it arrives.

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43:43 AM »
Spring has been and now gone Journal.

We have done little in the way of building in the season we have been here. But we have done a great deal in sculpting the land. With the coming of summer has come four new Gnomes. Four! More than I could have possibly hoped for. Apparently they are young gnomes from The Capital. They had heard of my journey and decided that they wanted to be part of "The famous Baron Von Tinkbolts bright new land to stand against the Goblins". I won't deny that it builds up my ego to hear my name spoke about in this way, but it also humbles me and reminds me what I'm doing here. I'm not just here to build myself a new home and place to store my money and treasures. I'm also here to show my kinsmen that we cannot bow before the Goblin hordes. That we will not run and hide. That we are strong and we will keep rebuilding and become stronger every time.

I won't let these new editions to our new town down.

P.s. There are two farmers who will hopefully relieve my duties in the fields and let me get back to managing and organising the building. On tailor who will be very useful! And an Inn Keeper. Hopefully we can get an Inn built soon so everyone can sleep and eat indoors!

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »
Journal, I have failed.

I have failed my small band of followers already. I was so busy tending the fields due to us being short handed. I hadn't noticed how low we had become on drink. Three of our number died of thirst before we had a well finished. Most upsetting of all is that this included Whinjy Swiftbroom. The young maid who came with me from Tink Manor. We found her apparently 'dozing' under a tree. Turned out she wasn't asleep.

I must now pull my full attention back to this land as a whole. We will begin mining properly. We will begin building stone buildings and wooden roofs. Today begins the hard work.

We will begin with the inn to ensure we have the essentials we need.

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:34:56 PM »
Journal.

Things are looking up. I have ordered timber frames to be made to outline buildings and we have some simple stone carving and carpentry stations set up in two of these frames.

The mines are running deep. But the granite is deep. The miners say they will be hitting magma before they hit granite if they aren't careful.

Six more Gnomes arrived today. Two of them farmers,  one  rancher, one blacksmith and two young ladies looking for jobs in the household. I agree to take them on as maids but until then they can help carry and look after us all of us who are working here. We will all work together to survive.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:52:23 PM by Lord Bellom »