March 28, 2017, 01:04:55 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v1.0 RC15 release  (Read 58066 times)

entrappedmind

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v1.0 RC1 release
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 05:21:01 AM »
I tried removing the formation from the training squads, and their attack speed went up a lot without a formation. The squad behavior is seriously broken right now.

I kinda feel bad for Robob0b... Hitting v1.0 and getting mods integrated and whatnot should have allowed him to be able to finally step away a little bit, but then this little pain-in-the-rear bug crops up and turns into a semi-biggie. :(  And it's probably somehow related to the optimizations he made that should have improved performance (and the overall game experience) for just about everybody. Just goes to prove the truth behind the old "Road to hell" adage. lol.

Vanzanz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
Had a modding related issue that I think is a bug... I'll repost it here from where I last put it since I know you seem to check here most often:

And here is the crashlog:
Code: [Select]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Date: 10/8/2015 11:23:24 PM
Assembly: gnomoria.exe
 Version: 0.9.18.0
   World: world05
 Message: Nesting more than one SpriteBatch.Begin when using a SpriteBatch with SpriteSortMode.Immediate is not allowed.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Renderer.Begin(BlendingMode mode)
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Manager.EndDraw(Rectangle rect)
   at Game.GUI.Controls.Manager.EndDraw()
   at Game.GnomanEmpire.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

I am getting this crash log on a vanilla install where I am simply trying to build some workshops.  I have repeated it twice now, and I am trying to trap the exact steps to recreate before I post the world and the error.  I was happy to see it here though, it means I am not having unique issues! (with the game...)
Pioneering the Yak Level, only found by combining a goblin leg with a Yak skull on nightmare mode while killing a zombie made from your best friend.  Yeah, it's that hard...

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »
Had a modding related issue that I think is a bug... I'll repost it here from where I last put it since I know you seem to check here most often:

Message: Nesting more than one SpriteBatch.Begin when using a SpriteBatch with SpriteSortMode.Immediate is not allowed.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

I am getting this crash log on a vanilla install where I am simply trying to build some workshops.  I have repeated it twice now, and I am trying to trap the exact steps to recreate before I post the world and the error.  I was happy to see it here though, it means I am not having unique issues! (with the game...)

What mods are you using? This is a common crash I've had when making new workshops for Glassworks and its usually related to how the sprite is called (for example a typo in the SpriteID)

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Vanzanz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
I am not using any mods.. just using the indev steam version.  I can't get it to trigger anymore, it seemed to have something to do with building workshops with Basalt Tables.
Pioneering the Yak Level, only found by combining a goblin leg with a Yak skull on nightmare mode while killing a zombie made from your best friend.  Yeah, it's that hard...

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a bug with Sprites: Using more than one <SpriteByMaterialID> for separate sprite layers causes a crash.

Example code that causes a crash:
  <Item>
    <ID>Table</ID>
    <Name>table</Name>
    <ObtainDescription>Crafted in a Carpenter's workshop</ObtainDescription>

<Value>5</Value>
    <WeaponSize>500</WeaponSize>
    <SpriteID>
      <SpriteID>StoneTable</SpriteID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>Pine</Key>
        <Value>WoodTable</Value>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>AppleWood</Key>
        <Value>WoodTable</Value>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>Birch</Key>
        <Value>WoodTable</Value>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>

<!--Glass Table Variants-->
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>GreenGlass</Key>
        <Value>GlassTable</Value>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>Glass</Key>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>LeadGlass</Key>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
    </SpriteID>

<!--Glass Table Shine-->
    <SpriteID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>GreenGlass</Key>
        <Value>GlassTableShine</Value>
        <MaterialIndex>-1</MaterialIndex>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>Glass</Key>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
      <SpriteIDByMaterialID>
        <Key>LeadGlass</Key>
      </SpriteIDByMaterialID>
    </SpriteID>
  </Item>

You have to fill out the default SpriteID.  The first block has StoneTable and the second doesn't have anything.  I'll make the default behavior when left blank not render anything for RC2.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:18:05 PM by RoboB0b »

entrappedmind

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v1.0 RC2 release
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:37 PM »
RC2
  • Squad members idling most of the time

Confirmed, fixed. Great job, sir!

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »
You have to fill out the default SpriteID.  The first block has StoneTable and the second doesn't have anything.  I'll make the default behavior when left blank not render anything for RC2.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, guess before this I would've had to make a dummy sprite and set that as the default sprite. This new solution is more intuitive though.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

gitarrlillan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 05:02:07 AM »
Since update to version 1.0 RC2 on Steam i can no longer start new games with or without mods in Gnomoria. The game dies at the step Settling liquids every time, before that it takes pretty long to even create the other parts of the world. Only message I get is that the game stopped working and I get only the choice of closing it. I have tried 3 times, 2 with mods and one without, all worlds at easy difficulty and with a flat normal sized world.
Corsair XMS3 - 16 GB : 4 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 | INTEL Core i5 2400 / 3.1 GHz | ASUS P8Z68-V Pro | Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB | Seagate SSHD Desktop 2 TB 7200 RPM 3,5" | Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe | Western Digital 500 GB | Samsung Writemaster | Corsair TX750 V2 750 W | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2048MB OC Version| Fractal Design Define R5 (Black)

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
I noticed some bugged stone piles in my stockpiles, that now will be interacted with.

I first noticed it after the appearance of a large number of lapis golems spawned from my stockpiles of well stocked stone. As I was restocking the stone I noticed that an older stockpile that I wanted to empty wasn't doing that. When I locked in the contents it showed only stone piles (the dummy container item) and no actual stone, even though when I clicked on the piles themselves they stated they contained stone. I undid the stockpile and tried to clean floor but nothing happened, when I drew a new stockpile over them the content tab listed all the stone items at least, but I could not push the content to another stockpile. I am currently preparing to build some prospectors next to the stockpile and see what that does.

I am playing in 1.0RC2, with mods especon, glassworks and grand arboretum, I am linking the world file as well as the mod files themselves to avoid confusion and load failures.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f274l0bvzl9qmn7/world12%20-%20The%20Cobralike%20Kingdom.sav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xczabtpklc6yy8j/526668662.zip?dl=0
I load the mod files from the main gnomoria folder, not the steam workshop folder in case that matters.
The stockpile in question is 'stone test' on level -7, and it is currently set to push to 'Stone Overflow' right next to it. 'Stone Overflow' is currently set to a low priority but that is not the reason it is not getting stocked to, I tested with a high priority and gnomes were stocking it from other sources as they should but not the piles in the adjacent stockpile.

seronis

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
The logic of how stockpiles are handled has been cause for many bugs including the golem issue.

The problem is that if the item is on a tile its not considered  "in the stockpile" unless explicitly flagged as such.  This leads to stone left on a stone stockpile being in a glitched state.  And even when not glitched it makes that stone available for spawning golems.

Suggestion:

Get rid of the flag on items and item stacks.  If its within the space of a stockpile tile then its considered part of the stockpile.  Instead when items are dropped on the ground if they dont match the category of the stockpile you flag the stockpile itself as 'dirty' so that haulers know it contains things that need removed.   Removing bad items from a stockpile should be equal priority to moving appropriate items TO the stockpile. When those items are checked for removal the hauler will first make an attempt to put them into a stockpile.  If none is vailable (or none with room) then the hauler will just move it to the first non designated square next to the stockpile.

This will prevent the bug with golems being killed on a stockpile leaving things that can cause more golem spawns.
This will make it so that if you designate a stockpile stuff left on the ground in that newly designated area are automatically handled.

Rephath

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Does this mean the mod update is finalized and standard? .9.18 or whatever it was called?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:01:20 PM by Rephath »

seronis

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
Does this mean the mod update is finalized and standard? .9.18 or whatever it was called?
no

entrappedmind

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 08:18:31 AM »
Weird little bug, rather inconsequential but I figured I'd report it anyhow - my orange wood tables look like stone tables, sandstone if I had to guess. Unless I'm mistaken, anyway. (Vanilla game, no mods have ever been used)

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »
Weird little bug, rather inconsequential but I figured I'd report it anyhow - my orange wood tables look like stone tables, sandstone if I had to guess. Unless I'm mistaken, anyway. (Vanilla game, no mods have ever been used)

They've always done that if I am not mistaken. Not really sure since I usually don't make tables out of orange wood.

Imponaut

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
Getting a reproducible issue where attempting to lower walls after replacing some with cross-framed clay causes an instantaneous crash.

Also, opening the workshop menu via key command (mine is bound to K for what it's worth) then trying to pan the screen via right-click and drag will immediately crash the game. Most other menus simply close when panning the screen.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:54:16 PM by Imponaut »