May 29, 2017, 10:33:16 PM

Author Topic: Yet Another Gnomoria Editor - Updated for 0.9.18  (Read 24676 times)

Pasta

• View Profile
Yet Another Gnomoria Editor - Updated for 0.9.18
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »
Good morning :)

First off, a disclaimer. I didn't create the original, just edited the source code for my own personal use after the update and I figured I'd share it. I've only tested a couple of things (mainly editing gnome stats and filling with the ore) so there's a good chance something may be broken.

Original forum post: http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=6454

Updated source code: http://klanderso.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/GnomoriaEditorSource.zip
Download link: http://klanderso.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/GnomoriaEditor.zip

To use, download the exe and place it in the Gnomoria installation folder, then just run it.

IMPORTANT: This save game editor has been updated to work with Gnomoria v0.9.18 (released 10/02/15) but has not been fully tested. Use with caution, and always back up your save file(s) before trying anything, and be aware that any mods you have loaded may cause issues. This is essentially a quick and dirty fix to get the basic functions (expanding/revealing ore, adjusting gnome stats, adding new gnomes) working with the latest update.

EDIT 10/28/15: There's a new version available, see this post for details: http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=8278.msg62919#msg62919
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:35:42 PM by Pasta »

BajtMe

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Gnomoria Editor - Updated for 0.9.18
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:56:58 AM »
Thank you!  :D  Still hoping for the Gnomoria Save Game Editor II to be updated for the "fill caverns" and "convert stone" options but this will keep me going for a while.

Pasta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:19:17 PM »
I'm actually working on editing that one too. There are just enough differences to make it a little obnoxious, but I'm hoping to have something tangible next week :)

Pasta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
Alright! Adding items now works properly. For the most part, everything should function as expected.

Same download link: http://klanderso.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/GnomoriaEditor.zip

BBRyuLvl3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »
nice to see it working again, was rather annoyed that it was rendered useless after the update.  The only thing that doesn't show up on the adding items is its quality.

Pasta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »
nice to see it working again, was rather annoyed that it was rendered useless after the update.  The only thing that doesn't show up on the adding items is its quality.

Yup, that's intended. It requires a bit more work to get working with item quality, but for now I figured people would just want to be able to add items regardless.

BBRyuLvl3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »

Yup, that's intended. It requires a bit more work to get working with item quality, but for now I figured people would just want to be able to add items regardless.
Ah, I guessed as much.  Not really a big deal, just figured I'd check to see if that's the way its suppose to be.

BBRyuLvl3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know I tried using the editor on a kingdom that is using the grand arboretum mod and after saving with the editor the save crashes when trying to load it in gnomoria.

okiemarine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »
Gnomoria crashes for me once I try to load an edited savegame. No mods.

Edit: The only thing I edited was reveal map and reveal ore.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:16:08 PM by okiemarine »

Pasta

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
Gnomoria crashes for me once I try to load an edited savegame. No mods.

Edit: The only thing I edited was reveal map and reveal ore.

I swear I had that fixed. I'll take another look.

Gank

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »
Tried revealing ore and adding items = crash on load

Edited Gnome attributes = no problems.

Just fyi in case it helps. Thanks for you work on this- I've started so many worlds that the early game bores me now. I need to jump straight into mid game with editors!

mitolegy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:49 AM »
i found huge bug in the editor. every world ive created after installing the editor and edited crashes whenever im done editing them and load it in the game. i can still edit the old save files with no problem and i have not had any problems with it.

Shingles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 05:10:34 PM »
i found huge bug in the editor. every world ive created after installing the editor and edited crashes whenever im done editing them and load it in the game. i can still edit the old save files with no problem and i have not had any problems with it.

Confirmed, oldest save worked. All new worlds edited, crashes on load.

Pasta

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »
Those of you having issues with crashing, try doing just one thing (like revealing ore), then loading up the game and let me know what happens.

Godbyelol

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 01:54:20 AM »
Pasta, the game just crashes, i did only 1 thing as you suggested, still a crash.