October 22, 2017, 07:42:08 PM

Author Topic: Little stuff: Corpse Types - Suspend Training Grounds  (Read 834 times)

Psycho0124

• View Profile
Little stuff: Corpse Types - Suspend Training Grounds
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
Hello all, John here. I've been playing Gnomoria for a couple of years now off and on. Never bothered to join the forums until now.. Not really the sociable type I guess.. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the new Automatons and the fixes to stockpiles and hauling logic.
There are a couple of little things that might really benefit the game without being too much of a headache to code in.

Corpse sub-types in the "Item Tree" for stockpile config - It sure would be nice to have all the butcherable corpses (goblins, ogres, edible animals) stocked near our butchers while all the useless stuff (beetles, skeletons, mants etc) goes to the trash pile. As it stands now, all corpses are covered by one heading in the Item Tree - "corpses". Maybe just two types; butcherable and not? Types by species would work just as well.

"Suspend" option on Training Grounds - I've found myself resorting to disassembling all my training grounds to save the hassle of manually putting the guys back to work. Going through each shift and setting them to "none", one-by-one, for a dozen training grounds every time training season (winter) or a goblin raid is over just seems more tedious than it needs to be. A "suspend" switch would save so much time in re-programming all the squads when it's training time again too.

A big thanks to RoboBob for a great game! I've been gaming since the 90s and I gotta say; Gnomoria is easily in my top ten favorites. Keep it up man!

deathpickle

• DERP
    • View Profile
Re: Little stuff: Corpse Types - Suspend Training Grounds
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
you are a fucking genius +1
I'd never nadda no needa know now not nis nay neither, nor nope nu-uh noperino naw.

admanter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:42:16 AM »
+1  I too approve these messages.

CabbageFoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
+1 on suspend training grounds. Obvious quality of life buff.