April 30, 2017, 05:50:44 AM

Author Topic: Mod Support suggestions  (Read 3121 times)

Tacyn

• View Profile
Re: Mod Support suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »
The debug menu does not allow for the spawning of storage containers, could those be added?

Just add containers to the stockmenu setting.
Then they appear in the list.

henx125

• View Profile
Re: Mod Support suggestions
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 12:58:35 PM »
So I've been working on a mod that adds a combat pick into the game which allows gnomes to mine but still has minor combat capabilities, and I am essentially done except for one major roadblock: jobsettings.xml does not allow for jobs that require a tool to preform to have multiple options that would fit that requisite.

If I add
Code: [Select]
<RequiredToolItemID>CombatPick</RequiredToolItemID> under
Code: [Select]
<RequiredToolItemID>Pickaxe</RequiredToolItemID> then what happens is gnomes require BOTH tools not 'either/or' of them to preform the mining job. While that could be a cool idea for another mod that is not what I am looking for here.

Theoretically I could add a new Job type that is effectively a duplicate of all the other mining jobs except for the tool requirement but that would be absurdly obtuse and would not fit well in the game to have to provide a separate job order just to accommodate a different tool.

So my suggestion is this: Can you please allow for the jobsettings.xml's jobs to support multiple itemIds for <RequiredToolItemID>?