October 22, 2017, 07:42:02 PM

Author Topic: Minecarts  (Read 798 times)

excessus

• View Profile
Minecarts
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:29:31 AM »
C'mon, we are all trainspotters and we love rail systems and subsystems. Would make going up and down to very deep levels something cool without having to stablish underground bases :)

lordkatana

• View Profile
Re: Minecarts
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:47:06 AM »
MOAR ENGINEERING! I like it.. would love an automated system of pullies and such for hauling tasks.

On a side note.. would love to combine that with assigning haulers to stockpiles, makes management a lot easier and avoids haulers running down to load a cart, then run back up to empty it! :)

Shurp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
This actually sounds strangely thematic.  Imagine an automaton belching coal smoke while pulling a train of 10 minecarts up the slope out of the mines...

CabbageFoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:50:37 AM »
This actually sounds strangely thematic.  Imagine an automaton belching coal smoke while pulling a train of 10 minecarts up the slope out of the mines...

Nice idea but counter-intuitive. Hauling builds stats for gnomes. I would never outsource that when I can use it to train my military ;b I would be tempted if that were not the case though. I would be even more interested in a mechanism based elevator for goods which pushes objects to the side and onto a mechanical wall which pushes it up a level, then again and again until its at the top ;b