May 28, 2017, 01:15:27 PM

Author Topic: Stonehearth -- Has anyone tried it yet?  (Read 2517 times)

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
Stonehearth -- Has anyone tried it yet?
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
So, it appears Stonehearth has just popped up on Steam's Early Access HERE.

I've been kinda looking at this game a little bit for a while now and I'm excited that it's on Steam. I'm wondering if anyone here has checked it out yet and what you think about it. Looks awesome, but that $25 price tag kinda scares me. I'm not against spending that kind of money on a game mind you, but I generally like to make sure it is a game I would like before committing the time to set money aside in the budget to buy it.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Merry76

• View Profile
Re: Stonehearth -- Has anyone tried it yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
I am a sucker for these games, so I have it, ofc. I even was a kickstarter backer...

Its pretty neat, but not much game there atm. Sure you can play it, and there is a bit of difficulty (goblins kill you probably at the first few tries) but after that, there is nothing there.

Maybe watching over your Hearthlings and detect that they got stuck, so you can save/restart to save them (thats an actual thing - sadly).
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Rephath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 03:06:10 PM »
It looks more awesome than this game, but I was thinking content would be so hard to get as to make the game not worth playing.

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »
I am a sucker for these games, so I have it, ofc. I even was a kickstarter backer...

Its pretty neat, but not much game there atm. Sure you can play it, and there is a bit of difficulty (goblins kill you probably at the first few tries) but after that, there is nothing there.

Maybe watching over your Hearthlings and detect that they got stuck, so you can save/restart to save them (thats an actual thing - sadly).

I figured that would be the case. Basically one of those games to leave on my wishlist and keep an eye on for later... much like I should've done with Starbound lol.

It has windows!

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:58:41 AM »
I can keep you updated on it, if you like. Its not like Gnomoria and Stonehearth really compete with eachother...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
I can keep you updated on it, if you like. Its not like Gnomoria and Stonehearth really compete with eachother...

I don't really think any Fortress-like truly competes with any others. Most people I know pretty much just play all of them that they can get their hands on since they all have little bits that are better or different from other ones.

It has windows!

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »
I've bought it and regret it.

It's a good game and has loads of amazing potential. But my crashes like after a few days (in game) or it deletes my saves or it glitches and all I see is stars or sun rise.

I say leave it awhile then buy it. At the moment it's waaaaay to buggy to be enjoyable.

I'm sure maybe this time next year or hopefully Christmas it will be a great game to play.

Rephath

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »
Keep me posted. I'm interested in hearing how it progresses.