November 18, 2017, 12:34:54 AM

Author Topic: The Land of Gnom - New ideas wanted!  (Read 3466 times)

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
The Land of Gnom - New ideas wanted!
« on: May 24, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
So my imaginary Land of Gnom is a kingdom made up of many smaller towns/cities/outposts. So in my head all the kingdoms I make on Gnomoria are all parts of a larger Kingdom. This means that my kingdoms are all themed. And I think I need some new ideas.

I have so far:
The Capital - Seat of the King and main city in the kingdom.
The Church of Nome - The monesstary and main cathedral in the kingdom.
The Tower of Mages - Seat of magical knowledge (ready for magic to come into the game)
The Farm Lands - These lands provide food for all over the kingdom. (Newest kingdom)
The Harbour - The shipyard and port for the kingdom. Ships and traders arrive as well as ships being made here.
Training Camp Gizmo - Where the lands soldiers are trained by General Gizmo himself
The Walled Land - Country town but depended by impressive stone walls
The Eternal hold - A black stone stronghold which beat back any who attack
The Mountain halls - granite mountain hold dug deep into the earth.
Plus more....

Now I'm looking for a new theme. You have seen the kind of ones I have made so far. If you have any ideas please post them below. If you like the idea of what I have done so far. More can be found on The Land of Gnome - The Harbour thread found lower down on this section.

Thank you.

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Gnom - New ideas wanted!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
How about a trading town: The Crossroads. A town situated at the crossing of two major roads which serves as the trading capital of the kingdom. The surface is filled with many many highly skilled craftsgnomes from across the world, all hoping to barter their goods away. Underground are the peasant gnomes, living on scraps and producing resources for the wealthy above ground.

Every surface craftsgnome should have his own shop to work at, with their own supply stash in a separate room; in the same building, in a separate room is their own personal quarters, all above ground. There should be restaraunts and taverns for dining rooms for the surface gnomes to feast and relax in instead of dining rooms. The great hall should be a statue garden with the market stalls within it. All peasants live in a communal setting with dormitories and group dining rooms. Everything the peasants have is basic, though some may have a better life, should they become "wealthy enough" to afford their own furnishings in their own room of the undercity.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:07:10 PM by gcook725 »

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Rephath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:02 PM »
Got any pics of these? I'd especially like to see the cathedral. I'll live with save files.

What about a university. I know this is a medieval setting, so the idea of a university not as a part of the church is kinda weird. But you might want to go that way.

Also, an artistic capitol, where artists work. Or perhaps this is instead a monument. Pyramid. Giant statue. Some sort of wonder.

Goug: the machine city. Almost entirely automatons. Steampunk. Traps. Gunners. Buildings with lots of metal in them. Buildings that are designed to fit together as part of a giant battle robot (though the game mechanics don't support that, yet.

A castle in the sky. Why would you need high walls if they would only keep out non-flying enemies? Reasons.

Venice. Lots of canals. Lots of water.

A giant ship. massive. Made out of wood. You'd do this on a small map. Lots of terraforming needed. Best start on a flat world. Alternatively, do an airship.

Logging camp. The empire's source of wood. Set in a forest. Regrettably, it would be hard if not impossible to build a giant tree. Unlike in minecraft. But maybe this will be an inspiration.

Necropolis: the city of the dead. Is it a giant mausoleum? Where the living are sacrificed? A death cultist's place? The center of necromantic study? Or a place where the reverend dead are laid to rest?

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »
I had thought of the Crossroads before and like some of your ideas. I may make all gnomes market holders and stall workers. I think it's one I will do next.

I can't find a way to upload photos. They all come up as too large to put on here.

I also thought about the land of dead one. Maybe an evil gnome necromancer who has undead minions.

I tried a university but it looked a bit boring and dull. I may have another go and make it a bit more Hogworts in style.

Thanks guys.

MORE IDEAS WELCOMED!!  :D

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
Also I have a Druid lands where Druid Gnomes live in burrows (hobbit hole type things) in a pine forest and have a large hill great hall and worship nature. This is a kind of wood supplier for the land.

NewRoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:29 AM »
Lord Bellom,

First off thanks for your excellent praise of my thread on The Story of Crystalcyst. I haven't been able to get on gnomoria for a long time due to starting a new job and other real world concerns. However I started playing again and wanted to check out the forums. First off I love your idea of having themed kingdoms. It would make the game experience more enjoyable by giving you an ultimate goal instead of simply survival.

Now for my idea, how about a factory styled town? For example build a cloth mill along a river, or a coal refinery with large smokestacks. Make it a town of pure industry where there is obvious signs of filth. You could even have it to where your gnomes live in hovels with random stockpiles scattered around filled with dirt or other rubbish type items. I also imagine you could have better housing for your foreman and a ridiculously wealthy home for the CEO. Anyways just a thought, and thank you for these threads they are very entertaining.

-NewRoman

Vanzanz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »
I can't find a way to upload photos. They all come up as too large to put on here. ...

Just a thought: if you are using Gnomoria through Steam, you can do the F12 screenshot thing and upload to Steam, then copy the link here from sharing the Steam image...  Or imgur, picassa, ect...

Vanzanz
Pioneering the Yak Level, only found by combining a goblin leg with a Yak skull on nightmare mode while killing a zombie made from your best friend.  Yeah, it's that hard...

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:51:48 AM »
Just wanted to let people know I did actually create The Crossroads. A trading town in the centre of the kingdom where a Gnomads can reach many other towns and cities in the Land of Gnom by passing through. Although satisfying this is a long slow build as it is taking some detail work. I'll post pictures as soon as I can work out how to. Steam pictures, print screens and even pictures off of my iPad all are too big.

I still want more ideas. I'm thinking about an evil necromancer who is hiding out in the mountains who kills any Gnomads who come near his fort and uses their corpses to make skeleton slaves. If I do do this one I will do a diary story on here for people to follow.

Also like the idea of gnomes living inside and outside of a giant tree. But I need to plan this idea more.

Thanks for all the ideas so far. Keep them coming. Also if you have used any of my ideas for your own kingdom please let me know and share pictures. I would love to compare and share.

Lord Bellom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
Just to let you know. I added the Crossroads. A trading town, one of my more impressive looking town kingdoms.

The Engineering works was also added, very new currently but it's metal halls are coming together and from the top of the large hill rises a huge iron Chimney.

The under mines is a large underground kingdom with Jude chasms dug in. The lands stone and raw metal comes from here.

The farm lands was destroyed by golems. So food supplies in the kingdom have been hit hard. But individual regions are holding on.

The Barons Keep is the current project. Please check out the thread for the on going story updates.