July 23, 2017, 07:42:32 PM

Author Topic: Godthrone  (Read 11194 times)

Notho

• View Profile
Godthrone
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:53:04 PM »
So, being inspired by SerifMarak and Arcan Genth, I've started my own kingdom, which I will (hopefully remember to) update every season!

Here are the settings if you want to play it yourself:

Enemies are turned down slightly and metal is abundant but that's as far from 'normal' as it's going to be. Beetles are off since I've heard they sometimes cause lag. Here's the finished map:

Notho

• View Profile
Re: Godthrone
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
Spring was a frenzy of setting up farms, pastures, and groves and bringing down some of the nearby hills for more pasture and farmland. Everyone was sleeping where they dropped until a dormitory and some straw beds were set up about half way through the season, once we had our first wheat harvest. The population was divided into two military squads and training began by about day 9. The only other notable occurrence was when a monitor lizard wandered into the fort via a ramp I had missed. It ran off and the ramp was quickly removed.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »
Summer saw 2 new additions to the fort: Dackelbasilly and Rini. They were heartily welcomed and promptly put to work. Goblins from The Stupid Kingdom (lol) made an appearance on the fourth night and Dackelbasilly got both kills. I guess he really loves his new home, as he also finished off a dirt golem later. A male yak was born, which was good news for our cloth industry, but not so much for the yak. Two more goblins tried to raid the fort on day twelve, but were slain by Hestumpepixil and Twin, with Dackelbasilly taking the only wound: a minor cut to the arm. Seriously, that guy going for total badass right off.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
A lot of tidying up this season! The diplomatic quarters, which had been dug out in the summer, were finished and an ambassador requested. The temporary great hall was also finished. Two more gnomads, Jus and Golt arrived and were assigned duties and quarters. Everyone has their own rooms now, although they are still basically holes in the wall. Another dirt golem appeared and was promptly slain by combined might of the fort, with Hestrumpepixil finishing it off. While no one was injured in the fight, the incident prompted me to get serious about cleaning up all the dirt that was in that part of the fort. This was done promptly and the hill removal efforts were finished. There is now lots of room for expansion at the far end of the fort! Strangely, there were no goblin raids this season (I did briefly get the music, but none showed up).

Now, are we prepared for winter?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:55:32 PM by Notho »

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 07:35:42 PM »
With some light foraging, we managed to stave off hunger. We only got one gnomad this season, Adys, who was handed a pickaxe and told to get in the mines, which we worked on quite a bit. It's safe to say we won't be running out of raw stone for a while, but more importantly, we got enough copper to get our metal industry up and running with a blacksmith shop. A machine shop was also added and it won't be long before we're inventing new and more interesting ways to kill and maim goblins! Speaking of, we had two waves of the unwelcome visitors this season, but, thanks to all our training, we put down with relative ease. Poldaiste, Hestumpepixil, Rini, and Thick all got kills, with Thick getting two in the last raid.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
Spring was a time of highs and lows for Godthrone, as we gained another gnomad, Zink who became our tinker, but sadly lost our first defender to the ceaseless cruelty of the goblin hordes. Thick, having just slain two goblins the previous season, was mercilessly cut down by a goblin with a battleaxe. A shrine was built in an area of the fort far from the bustle of everyday activity where this brave defender can rest in peace.

With heavy hearts, the rest of the gnomes continued improving the look of the fort. The first round of technological advancement took place as Zink studies the intricacies of gnomish tech. The kitchens were moved to the first sub level as the seed of an idea for the final look of the fort forms in the minds of the inhabitants. A mighty castle protruding from the hole in the broken hill they call home.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »
Actually, I think this thread is in the wrong forum. This thread should probably be in the 'Pictures' forums, as this is more for multiplayer or succession games. My apologies.

Would it be possible for a mod to move it there?

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm not a moderator or anything, but I think this is in the correct forum. There are quite a few posts here which are pretty much just people showing off their kingdoms in some fashion or another.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 04:32:03 AM »
Well, I first put this here because I saw others doing it, but then noticed the forum rules. Someone will move it if it needs to be moved, I imagine.

Also, I'll be doing another update or two today. Maybe more as I'm off work. :)

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 07:04:54 AM »
Summer Year 2:

With the goblin scourge starting to bring actual weapons to their raids, Godthrone's first military squad, the Despaired Dogs, will be assigned stone weapons and leather armor as it becomes available. The second squad, The Primitive Manglers, should also be upgraded next season. Some tin was traded for late in the season, so the squad leader may be sporting some bronze armor by the end of the year! The goblins did attempt two more raids this season, but both were put down with ruthless efficiency. Gladly, no battleaxes this time.

Speaking of trading, we acquired some emus from the season's first trader and mushrooms seeds from the second. Excavating the mushroom farm has been tricky, however. We almost had a flood!

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
Fall Year 2:

The great flood of summer finally dried up and we got our mushroom farm set up. It will be a while before we get much out of it, as the merchant only had fourteen seeds to trade, and this season's merchant had none. She did have a lot of copper so we got that instead. With that, it might be possible to trade out our stone axes and hammers for copper ones next year some time.

Sadly, no gnomads journeyed to our kingdom this year, however, a pair of goblins did, and were quickly dispatched by the Despaired Dogs. all shiny with their new armor.

Progress continues in other areas, but more importantly, a lumber camp was discovered! An ambassador will be sent for as soon as we have enough cotton to make a mattress, but otherwise his or her quarters are complete.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »
Winter Year 2:

Two more gnomads braved the chill of winter to join our fort. Zie and Dinbart made it before the snows had fully set in and were heartily welcomed to Godthrone. Military upgrades continued, albeit a tad slower than expected as we had a bit of an unexpected cotton shortfall. However, The Primitive Manglers are now sporting their own leather armor, and both squad leaders have copper swords. The goblin menace attempted two more raids this season, but both were repelled with ease despite the second raid having an armored goblin. Hestumpepixil, Adys, Golt, and Jus, all got to add to their trophy collections.

While beautification and overall clean up work continues, the season was not without problems. We are desperately low on straw for our animals, prompting us to butcher all but one male and female yak and alpaca in the hope that they will survive until the next wheat field harvest. Fingers crossed!

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »
Spring Year 3:

Our make and female yaks survived the late winter straw shortage, but sadly our alpacas left the fort; never to be seen again. They're probably on their way to Prinyth or something...

Two more gnomads were welcomed to the fort, Herose and Ossel, and are settling into their new roles nicely. Not much else happened this season, as we were busy farming wheat and cotton to replentish our stores. We did get some more beautification done, though. Several merchants arrived, two from the lumber camp, with whom we've been buying logs. The logs are being used for a quick infusion of coal, as that's now become a hang up for our metal works. Copper weapons for the Despaired Dogs and The Primitive Manglers by the end of next season we hope!

The goblins of The Stupid Kingdom made two more attempts on our fort, and while one of them was wielding a dreaded battleaxe, we were able to fend them off without casualties.

Edit: I reposted the pic for Spring. It's fixed now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:16:59 PM by Notho »

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 07:39:20 AM »
Summer Year 3:

As our efforts to replentish our supplies continued, we welcomed one more gnomad, Cyr, to the fort. All members of the Despaired Dogs and The Primitive Manglers are now equipped with copper axes and hammers and work continues on bronze armor for their commanders. Just in time too, as the goblins are beginning to step up their aggression. The first raid was comprised of five goblins! Hestumpepixil, Poldaiste, Gus, and Humm all got kills, with one fleeing once it was clear the battle was lost. The second raid only had four goblins, but one was dual wielding swords, and another dual wielding axes. Dackelbasilly, Rini, Adys, and Golt dispatched them after a long fight. Thanks to our continued focus on training and armor upgrades, no injuries were reported.

Construction on a proper training area including a nearby hospital are almost complete. The new tunnel into the fort should soon contain an assortment of traps to welcome those pesky neighbors.

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:04 AM »
Fall Year 3:

Two more gnomads, Eve and Mert, were welcomed to the fort and given rooms and work assignments. Work in the farms was going well in preparation for winter, so hopefully we have enough straw this time for all our yaks and alpacas. Beautification has started on the second level.

Our leather worker began making armor for our third military squad, the Touchy Singers, and we hope they will be outfitted by the end of winter. After reviewing our supplies for the trap project, it was discovered that we are woefully short on copper ore. Mining tunnels have been built and are continuing to be built to bring in as much ore as we can find. We have to be careful, though, as we don't want to leave enough raw stone laying around to spawn golems. Or at least not more than a few. We've mined out a few veins already but we don't yet have a timetable for when this project can be started.

The goblins made another attempt this season, but were thrown back after a long fight. Rini, Remble, Gus, and Dackelbasilly are to be commended for finishing off the invaders.