April 25, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

Author Topic: Thynirp  (Read 2032 times)

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
Thynirp
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
Welcome to Thynirp!
My first documented settlement, inspired by SerifMarak's Prinyth(link).
In fact, I'm using the same seed and (with permission) Thynirp will be Prinyth's sister city.

Here's the landscape:

Not sure what direction I'll be going first, gotta do some plotting.
So far I've reworked my starting professions and rudimentary military.
(I'm also accepting name suggestions, if you want to be immortalized in a gnome likeness.  This may lead to untimely gnomey death, as well).

I'll post up my professions and stuff a bit later, before the first journal entry.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
Re: Thynirp
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
If you read my Rayleri posts, I would ask that you gname one of them 'Etta'.  She was my first casualty of war, but she was a hero to her people.  ^_^

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
Job Name
Stone-MinerStone-MasonWood-ChopperWood-CarverFarmerRancherChefBrewerDoctorSmithySmithy-ArmorSoldier
Job Tasks
Mining
Masonry
Stonecarving
Construction
Hauling
Mining
Masonry
Stonecarving
Construction
Hauling
Woodcutting
Carpentry
Woodcarving
Construction
Hauling
Woodcutting
Carpentry
Woodcarving
Construction
Hauling
Weaving
Tailoring
Animal Husbandry
Butchery
Horticulture
Farming
Cooking
Brewing
Construction
Hauling
Weaving
Tailoring
Pottery
Leatherworking
Bonecarving
Prospecting
Animal Husbandry
Butchery
Horticulture
Farming
Cooking
Brewing
Construction
Hauling
Cooking
Construction
Hauling
Brewing
Construction
Hauling
Gemcutting
Jewelry Making
Weaving
Tailoring
Medic
Caretaker
Construction
Hauling
Smelting
Blacksmithing
Metalworking
Weapon Crafting
Construction
Hauling
Smelting
Blacksmithing
Metalworking
Weapon Crafting
Armor Crafting
Construction
Hauling
Tinkering
Machining
Engineering
Mechanic
Construction
Hauling
Task Priority
Mining
Workshop
Build
Hauling
Workshop
Mining
Build
Hauling
Agriculture
Grove
Workshop
Build
Hauling
Workshop
Agriculture
Grove
Build
Hauling
Agriculture
Farm
Grove
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Pasture
Workshop
Agriculture
Farm
Grove
Hauling
Build
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Hospital
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Workshop
Hauling
Build
Mechanic
Workshop
Build
Hauling

Starting nine are:
Stone-Miner
Stone-Mason
Wood-Chopper
Wood-Carver
Farmer x3
Rancher x2

After a few gnomads, I'll assign a chef, brewer, and doctor and remove cooking, brewing, and weaving from farmer and rancher.
Military will be assign then, as well.

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »
Salutations, your gnoble lordship,

I feel an update is in order.
After missing the departure of the gnomad group you assigned me to oversee(I suspect they left early to give me the slip...), I rushed to catch them.  I traveled with a caravan of dwarves for protection.  An odorous, but dutiful, people.  They made for suitable guards on the roads.

We caught the expedition a day after it arrived at their destination.  I parted ways with the dwarven company.  They warned us to be on the look out for goblins in the area.  There's apparently a wart-skin hive nearby.

Thus far, there is not much to the settlement, which the expedition has named "Thynirp".  An odd name, but my wisdom was not consulted.  In the past two days I have coerced the surly miners into digging us a makeshift shelter.  They made some silly noises about needing to fortify the area, but I haven't seen any wildlife anywhere near us, and Iwe need somewhere to rest after the long journey.  The conditions are deplorable.  Bare earth and a giant straw pile to sleep upon.  One pile for everyone to share!  I couldn't believe it!

The farmers have started their crops, but the fields are in entirely the wrong place.  For one, the pastures are far too close, the yaks will eat all our seeds, then where will we be, come winter?  I will be chastising the sods in the morning, along with woodsmen and their workbenches nearly blocking our front door.

It is a good thing you sent me, sir.  These fools are useless and desperately need direction.

Your ever loyal servant,
Gnominstrator Arcan

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »
Greetings, my Gnoble Lord,

The settlement Thynirp is progressing slowly, but steadily.
Since my previous report, the settlers and I have come to an understanding.  They are crass and belligerent, but compliant after a few 'casual reminders' of the importance of our mission and your lordship's displeasure awaiting them, should they fail.

I have managed to get them to leave off that ridiculous wall and start building us some proper accommodations.   Thus far, we have a basic foundation.  Soon, the temporary mock up walls will be replaced with the beautiful bauxite found under the hill.

The birch is growing in nicely, but sparsely.  We may have to wait for proper furniture for a while.  Speaking of furniture, I do not recommend a visit yet, sir.  These fools neglected to pack even a needle and thread!  We shall be sleeping on straw for some time, I lament to say.

Your humble and patient servant,
Gnoministrator Arcan

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 10:42:46 PM »
Alas.

Thynirp has suffered a most ignoble death.
Death by bear.

I got greedy in claiming land and a bear got into my territory.
Murdered everybody.

Probably for the best.  Real life intruded and my work schedule has been flipping me from dayshifts to nights and back, leaving little time to play.  My apologies to any who were following this.