February 24, 2017, 10:55:59 PM

Poll

What do you remember most fondly from Rayleri?

The snarky commentary
The OPs blundering mishaps
What the hell is Rayleri?

Author Topic: Prinyth: The Sequel  (Read 2767 times)

SerifMarak

• View Profile
Prinyth: The Sequel
« on: May 09, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
Welcome to Prinyth.  My sequel to Rayleri, where I tried to to gnot suck.  This time, I try to gnot glitch my Gnomes into an early grave.
Last time, I played with a gnown seed.
This time, I regenerated seeds until I found one I liked.
Further, I got rid of all spawns except wild animals and goblins.  Golems screwed me last time.  I don't feel like going through that again....

Seed: 2652806925
X: 0 Y: 0
All slide bars left to standard.

Already, we're off to a better start!
Gnone of my Gnomes are in mortal peril from being separated from each other (or food supplies) and I don't have to spend an entire day rescuing the idiots.
I've decided that Cyr exists here as well.  Him and Etta.  In memory of the greatest hero gnown to Rayleri, as well as the best soldier.

Gnome puns.

Thynirp is a sister city using the same seed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:03:57 PM by SerifMarak »

SerifMarak

• View Profile
Re: Prinyth: The Sequel
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »

Spring was productive.
You gnow, once I set up the hill to be fully isolated.
Had to get rid of all ramps, push the edge away from, well, the edge, and then build a wall with enough room for a pasture, a few groves, my farms, and a cistern.
Gno surface water in the area meant that I had to take matters into my own hands.  I doubt it'll be ready by this Winter, but I am hopeful that it'll be ready by gnext.
Until then, my Gnomes are using the wheat harvest to make beer, and I should (maybe) have enough fruit for wine to help push through the Winter.
But, hey.  I've got a couple months left until that's a concern.
The interior isn't too much to look at yet.  But I'll probably include it in the gnext update.

All my gnomes are set to a custom profession called "Recruit".  Recruit has all boxes marked.
Eventually, once I have enough gnomes to set up a proper economy, Recruits will only take clippings from trees and mine until their stats are satisfactory.  Then, they will be assigned a gnew profession.  Gotta get them running fast first, though.

I've decided that my gnomes gneed a God.  I have, with great humility, accepted this burden.
A statue to their gnew deity will be erected in a place of great honor.  Somewhere with a view of the pool where the cute little gnome ladies tan in skimpy bikinis.
I am a great and benevolent Serif and it is my duty to protect their innocence.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:25:12 PM by SerifMarak »

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:31:04 PM »
A very promising start.
...and a nice seed, thank you for posting the number.

I'm tempted to start a new world with it and post progress pictures in a thread of my own.
An alternate universe city to Prinyth, or a sister city, perhaps?

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »
Absolutely!

Drop the URL in here, too.  I'll add it to the first post as an alternate universe.  :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:07:21 PM by SerifMarak »

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »

Four Gnomes joined the budding gnation at the beginning of the season.
Since their induction into the fold and conversion to the faith, the gnomes of Prinyth have been hard at work cultivating crops, harvesting trees, and leveling this hill slowly but surely.
We have so much dirt that the gnomes could likely buy a breeding pair of Alpaca's once the merchant arrives with gnaught else.
Okay, that's an exaggeration, but probably gnot by much.

The gnomes are very utilitarian right gnow.  They all share a room to sleep in, and do gnot ask for much space in anything (except places to shove the piles of dirt).
Much of the space they have made is given over to crops and workshops, and they have carved out an area for a representative of a gnearby gnation.  The promised trade has them excited and eager, as they are almost ready to begin expanding their holds over this land and carving out a true gnation for themselves.

The Gnomes continue to rejoice in my gname.  They exhalt at every crappy gnome pun I offer them in the holy texts I scribbled out on fast-food gnapkins.
I have commanded them to build a monument to me once they have settled permanently.  The plans have been drawn up and I hope to reveal the efforts of their faith soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:08:13 PM by SerifMarak »

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:56 AM »

The Gnomes lack of ability to prioritize properly got one of their gnumber killed.
During a Goblin raid on Fall 2 Year 1, Juns lost her life.  Cause of death was a crushed throat that made her suffocate to death.
The Gnomes built a temporary monument to their God (that's me!) so that her body could be made as sacrifice to allow her spirit to move on to the gnext plane.

I've gnever eaten so well in my life.

Arcan Genth

• Geekling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
It has begun!
I give you: Thynirp!

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »

Fall was quite eventful.
The Gnomes finished leveling the hill they live in down to what would be considered roof level.  They will finish this project once walls are established around the land they have decided to take.

As previously mentioned, one of their gnumber passed away.  The monument will remain standing until preparations can be made for a more permanent temple.

Food should be satisfactory, and drinks as well, to make it through Winter.  The lack of Gnomish additions to Prinyth has helped, though I am certain many of my devout wish for greater gnumbers.  A stronger gnomilitary would go a long ways towards ensuring the safety of my believers.

Cyr and Etta have both been given command of their own squads.  At this time, they are training WotG and working on increasing the general Fitness and Gnimbless of themselves and their charges.  Once their stats are at a satisfactory level, they will begin training with shield and sword.  The combination of bash, slash, and pierce damage should make them deadly foes.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »

One year has passed and though the gnomes have gnot amassed a following of legions yet, they've managed to survive.
Somehow.

They lost their only male Yak gnear the end of Winter, taking down their makeshift beds too late to keep them all fed.  Drink stores got low for a little while, but they got the cistern fully open and are gnow waiting for rain to fill it.  They managed to keep a decent amount of food, and have also planted gnew crops and have designed an ingenious method of trapping enemies.
They wait for the goblins to enter the entryway, then quickly drop a mass of dirt down behind them, while also pushing another mass of dirt in front of them.  When they finally break through the last door, they find that they are trapped.
The Gnomes then begin to pray to their God (hello again) to accept their sacrifices in repayment for my continued protection.

I'm all too happy to oblige.  I may even allow them to research prosthetics instead of making them sacrifice their injured and maimed to me.

I expect they will spend the next year pushing hard to open new lands and begin settling into their permanent homes.  The going will be slow I expect, but they are dedicated to my will.  It shall be done.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »

A gnome came to us at the beginning of the season.
He claimed that he had been compelled to travel long distances to Prinyth.  He said that it was as if the voice of a God (Do I even gneed to say it?) had drawn him across the miles to the promised land.

Well, the land is still only promised, but that promise is being fulfilled a little at a time.

My followers managed to open up the yard further, though they have gnot done much with it as far as crops go.  Instead, they made haste to create a gnew gate with multiple kill corridors.  The old one was used for one last sacrifice to me, and I expect this one will have several uses before the permanent gatehouse goes up.

Soon....

Anyone getting tired of the gnome puns yet?

Notho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »
Sweet

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »
My Gnome sickness was cured by GTA 5.  And now I am pretty much obsessed with ARK: Survival Evolved.
:L