April 30, 2017, 03:30:21 PM

Author Topic: help - automatons stuck idle and waiting for disassembly  (Read 2625 times)

darkfoxprime

• View Profile
help - automatons stuck idle and waiting for disassembly
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »
Hey folks,

I decided to try out automatons for the first time.  Things were going smoothly until I ran out of coal for a while.  Two of my automatons were unable to refuel.  I found them sitting in a corner asleep (showing zzz).  Their status showed idle, fuel at 0%.  they were never refueled by gnomes.  I thought, okay, I'll disassemble them and rebuild them.  So I clicked disassemble for each one, and now they're sitting in the corner, asleep, with the disassemble button pressed.

My questions:

What is required for a gnome to refuel an automaton that has run out of fuel, and what is required for an automaton to be disassembled?

Thanks,
- dfp

darkfoxprime

• View Profile
Re: help - automatons stuck idle and waiting for disassembly
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
Okay, after experimenting with a new game, i now know that disassembly requires the automaton walking to the engineer's shop.
And apparently the automatons have to be able to walk to coal to refuel.

So what do you do when an automaton runs out of fuel?  there's no way to refuel it, no way to disassemble it.  it just sits there taking up a spot on the floor and a spot in your population for the rest of eternity?

- dfp

Morokael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:15 AM »
I can't figure out how to get one of my automatons refueled either...

Does the gnome need engineering 100 or something?

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 04:11:21 AM »
I think it's the mechanic task your gnomes need. Should be the same task as refueling a steam engine, operating a hand crank or resetting traps.
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

Svenb1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:22 AM »
same problem, 2 from 20 Automatons stuck, the rest get refueld without problems, i think it is a problem that they get stuck and i digg the ground under them so they "fall" 1-2 level down?

darkfoxprime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:11:50 PM »
I think it's the mechanic task your gnomes need. Should be the same task as refueling a steam engine, operating a hand crank or resetting traps.

I have every you're of work task represented in my gnomes´ professions, and I'm pretty sure some of my Smith/mechanic gnomes were idling in the great hall while I was waiting for the automatons to be refueled.

Fapiko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 05:56:40 PM »
I have noticed that if I set an automaton to disassemble after it runs out of fuel nobody ever comes around to refuel it, so it just kind of gets permanently stuck in that spot.

OmegaTou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:16:38 PM »
Solution: You can create a stockpile underneath the automaton and set it to only coal. When someone stocks a piece of coal, the automaton with refuel itself.