May 28, 2017, 01:12:24 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.18 RC42 release  (Read 161343 times)

espoire

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.18 RC42 release
« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:53 PM »
Regarding the odd slow mining: we should ask the people reporting this bug which operating system their computer is running. I've had odd issues with file I/O when using Windows-made files on Linux and vice-versa.

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 01, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
Regarding the odd slow mining: we should ask the people reporting this bug which operating system their computer is running. I've had odd issues with file I/O when using Windows-made files on Linux and vice-versa.

I'm running windows 7 home premium, service pack 1.
As far as I know all my frameworks and such are up to date (they regularly update as new games get installed)

espoire

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 01, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
I'm running windows 7 home premium, service pack 1.
As far as I know all my frameworks and such are up to date (they regularly update as new games get installed)

Well, shoot. That's extra confusing.

espoire

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 01, 2015, 06:00:55 PM »
Sweet! RC42 retroactively fixed old EspEcon saves too. Well done!

espoire

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 02, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
Which are the "correct" materials to use for meats/bones/hides/leather armors?

At the vendor, I tried YakFlesh, YakBone, YakHide and BearHide, respectively and I ended up with incorrect items. They all showed their materials in the vendor UI ("yak bone", "yak meat", "yak hide", and  "fine bear leather cuirass") but when I actually bought the items, I got material-less items with the correct value ("bone" [which crafted into "statuette" successfully], "meat", "hide" and "leather cuirass").

Example: http://i.imgur.com/odeBhN0.png
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:05:27 AM by espoire »

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #545 on: October 02, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
I moved 0.9.18 to the main branch.  I'm going to continue to update mod support but didn't want to hold off getting it to everyone any longer.

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »
I moved 0.9.18 to the main branch.  I'm going to continue to update mod support but didn't want to hold off getting it to everyone any longer.
Wewt!

Now to hear people finally tell me the issues with Glassworks :P

Also I guess that means I better really get cracking down on finishing v1.0 for Glassworks.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

espoire

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 02, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

Sweet!

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 02, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »

Very nice :D

bizantia

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 04, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
I just noticed today when I made a new world that the "goblin tunneler" option was off the initial checklist when in the Advanced Options, then when I had my first crates built I noticed they weren't all pine; instead I had some apple and birch crates.  Then...I had orange wine instead of strawberry wine in those crates.  This blew my mind just a bit :)  Thanks for the work.

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 04, 2015, 08:02:11 AM »
I just noticed today when I made a new world that the "goblin tunneler" option was off the initial checklist when in the Advanced Options, then when I had my first crates built I noticed they weren't all pine; instead I had some apple and birch crates.  Then...I had orange wine instead of strawberry wine in those crates.  This blew my mind just a bit :)  Thanks for the work.

Yeah, the variety of starting items is because of a tweak in the code. Now any starting items that don't have their materials defined in one of the mod files will have a random material associated with it from the pool!of possible materials it could be.

It has windows!

Roboute

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 07, 2015, 06:54:59 AM »
I found the reason why it loads the wrong material strengths for some players :D

I started thinking that the reason might be because I am European and not American and thus use different number notations.
Especially the symbols used for digits is different, we use the , to signify digits while Americans use the . to do the same.
so a value of 1/2 would be 0.5 for the game but 0,5 for my computer.

I went into my computer settings and changed this arround to use the American settings and then I loaded a game with the glassworks mod.
And presto, normal material strengths and normal mining speeds.

But this does mean that proably all non-American symbol users will have this problem.

Edit:
Alternatively if I replace all values in the materials.xml from 0.5 to 0,5 they also load fine and have normal strengths ingame.
So I now wonder if this also affects all other values using decimals in the various xml files in mods.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:07:57 AM by Roboute »

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 07, 2015, 09:56:15 AM »
Interesting observation, but is the game using some external function for reading the xml then? If the game had a built in function for reading the xml, wouldn't it use the american version that RoboBob used. Shouldn't xml readers be smarter than than? And wouldn't it also affect decimal values in the unmodded versions of the files?

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #553 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
I found the reason why it loads the wrong material strengths for some players :D

I started thinking that the reason might be because I am European and not American and thus use different number notations.
Especially the symbols used for digits is different, we use the , to signify digits while Americans use the . to do the same.

I went into my computer settings and changed this arround to use the American settings and then I loaded a game with the glassworks mod.

But this does mean that proably all non-American symbol users will have this problem.

Edit:
Alternatively if I replace all values in the materials.xml from 0.5 to 0,5 they also load fine and have normal strengths ingame.
So I now wonder if this also affects all other values using decimals in the various xml files in mods.

Ah ok thank you! :)  I'm sure it would affect all decimals in XML files.  I got this fixed up for the next patch.

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 07, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »

Edit:

I never, ever would've thought of this. Good find!

EDIT: A thing I just found... Gnomoria does not load the vanilla default.png if one is not present in the Mod. It crashes instead and complains that it could not find the file.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:41:12 PM by gcook725 »

It has windows!