April 30, 2017, 05:56:29 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.18 RC42 release  (Read 157488 times)

Wild Braas

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.18 RC1 release
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
Good news everyone!
Я художник, я так вижу.

My mods: Auto resume after saving Perfomance dreams Auto trading Herold Happy Farmer

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Mother of God....

That's great! I know a few people who will be ecstatic to hear this news.

Will this mod support work for steam workshop as well?

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »
Now my 144-year old kingdom with 3 hours steam game will counts time! Yay!

Dear RoboBob! Please stay current possibility of mod creation :-[

And very interesting line-to-line debugging-mode :-X
Я художник, я так вижу.

My mods: Auto resume after saving Perfomance dreams Auto trading Herold Happy Farmer

Gralad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 10:42:19 PM »
Now my 144-year old kingdom with 3 hours steam game will counts time! Yay!

Dear RoboBob! Please stay current possibility of mod creation :-[

And very interesting line-to-line debugging-mode :-X

same here i have like 100hrs on steam but should be like 300 ^^

Viion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »
1057 hours here... I think I'll have to attend some kind of Gnomoria Detox soon if this keeps up. But considering the good work that goes into this game I'm not sure I'm motivated for a detox.... besides, I can quit anytime I want to... sure I can... yupp.

Ok, thats some serious big news. There have been plenty of people asking for this - it'll be a pain to implement, so I wish you nerves of steel and coffee mugs of cornucopia.
Ooooooh.... I notice the coffee mugs are plural. If you have a spare Coffee Mug of Cornucopia I'd be very, very interested in acquiring one. I'm almost as addicted...eh... appreciative...yes, appreciative of coffee as I am of Gnomoria.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »
Ooooooh.... I notice the coffee mugs are plural. If you have a spare Coffee Mug of Cornucopia I'd be very, very interested in acquiring one. I'm almost as addicted...eh... appreciative...yes, appreciative of coffee as I am of Gnomoria.

They are plural, but disapointing in application - you basically can fit about 5 times the amount of coffee into them. But you can refill them which is a plus. May cause cold coffee because drinking half a litre in one go is not advised ;)

Then again, a coffee maker right next to your computer will probably work better. Shameless plug, because the company I work for produces coffee makers  ;D
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »
The legend of Dissapeared log  ::)

In this link my world, 0.9.18 RC1

In center of map here a log, placed in wall. If sliding up (log goes down) log dissapeared. If return - log awoken again.  :o Creeeepy.
Я художник, я так вижу.

Viion

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
Then again, a coffee maker right next to your computer will probably work better. Shameless plug, because the company I work for produces coffee makers  ;D

Tsk, tsk... I'm ashamed you doubt me. Of course I already have a coffee maker next to my computer. I actually have two. One of the good old percolator kind and one of the "new and fancy" capsule kind. I was just hoping for a cup-of-never-ending-coffee to add to my not-addicted-to-coffee-at-all-collection  :D
-----

On a different note, I just had a strange crash. Was pushing a few thousand dirt clumps to a new underground storage area in preparation of ... well... I had strip minded down to level -6 so I could do the chess pattern of water capturing at lvl -6 in preparation mushroom farming. Felt I had decent control and was things were progressing. Only two dead and one disabled veteran so far. Then BOOM all the dirt stored IN a stockpile created an army of dirt golems. The game paused, I crapped myself, ignored the smell, took a screen shot, and prepared for burial duties in mass graves. Then I unpaused the game and I had a crash-to-desktop.  :'(

Not able to upload the screenshot. But it was a pretty massive golem rise not limited to the stockpile area but also in the mining area.

Edit: Wohooo... I actually found I that I could link to the uploaded screenshot in the steam cloud. Here you go.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407861953
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:44:45 PM by Viion »

Viion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 03:45:12 AM »
Right... either it seems that the golems are supposed to spawn from stockpiles or my save is corrupt. I reloaded the save from before the crash and lo and behold it wasn't long before I had stockpiles spawning golems and then end up having a CTD.

Just in case the save file might be of use I ended up uploading it to dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l788wl3h339vnny/world12.sav?dl=0

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 04:00:13 AM »
I have this situation time after time. IMHO it cause from single good dropped by gnomad, but suck into golem goods which successfully storaged in stockpile.
Я художник, я так вижу.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
I have this situation time after time. IMHO it cause from single good dropped by gnomad, but suck into golem goods which successfully storaged in stockpile.

This pretty much covers my experience as well. Unfortunatly, this happens all the bleeping time, which is why I relocated my Prospector to be close to the fighting/training area. I send some marauders with axes/hammers to chop up the golems, saves me prospecting time  ::)
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Viion

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 02:10:59 AM »
Hmmmm.... interesting. I'll have to consider that. In this case I can't actually prospect it since I intend to use them after creating the mushroom fields at level -6. When I've floored -5 and grass is growing there I intend to create pretty epic Alpaca pasture. Then floor level -4, wait for grass and create a couple of emu pastures. Floor -3, grass and then do the same thing with yak pastures. -2 and -1 are supposed to be workshops and residence area. 0 is training and death trap/maze for invaders and +1 is supposed to be farms and trees. So I can't actually dispose of all the dirt since I need it :-) or at least some of it.

But that's not the problem really. I can deal with the spawning of golems. That's just something I'll have to adjust and plan for now that I know it is a fact of life. It's the following crash after massive golem uprisings that's an issue. I honestly don't know what triggers the crash. It's not when they spawn and it's not fighting them. Nor does it seem to be they dying since I seem to get a "dirt golem has died" a few times and then suddenly CTD. :-(

And since I wanted this to be a true playthrough without save scumming if somebody died or I got yet another agricultural kingdom etc I don't have a backup save of the game. This is pure guesswork tbh but I'm guessing it might have something to do with the network of push/pull stockpiles. Suddenly a lot of dirt that drops on the stockpiles when they die and needs to be restocked? I'll try deleting the stockpiles where golems spawn and see if I can get through the fight without CTD and then recreate the stockpiles and network etc. I have plans for this kingdom hehehe :-D

EDIT:
Wohooo.... When spawning I ended up deleting the stockpiles. The fight went well, the golems died and then there were NO CTD... NONE at all :-D Very happy now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:46:50 AM by Viion »

denoflionsx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 12:32:35 AM »
I'm currently refactoring code to allow for mod support and to make mods more flexible.  The first patch will be a big one for me and then after that I can start patching in additional areas of the game opened up for modding.  It'll start off with items, workshops and constructions and there is a good chance materials will be in there.  There will probably be some limitations/caveats initially but details will get worked out as we go.  I'll try to keep you all updated along the way.

Well, if you need help testing the modding stuff I'd be happy to try to break it. I've made a few popular Minecraft mods so I might be able to provide some useful insight.

edit: You favorited my tweet the other day Rob, or whoever runs the gnomoria twitter. :P

varn88

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:41 AM »
I'm currently refactoring code to allow for mod support and to make mods more flexible.  The first patch will be a big one for me and then after that I can start patching in additional areas of the game opened up for modding.  It'll start off with items, workshops and constructions and there is a good chance materials will be in there.  There will probably be some limitations/caveats initially but details will get worked out as we go.  I'll try to keep you all updated along the way.

Well, if you need help testing the modding stuff I'd be happy to try to break it. I've made a few popular Minecraft mods so I might be able to provide some useful insight.

edit: You favorited my tweet the other day Rob, or whoever runs the gnomoria twitter. :P

I'm curious, which mods did you make?

Also I always wanted to make minecraft mods but I was always too lazy, and most of the not overcomplicated things are already done, I might try modding in gnomoria as well:P

denoflionsx

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 01:56:59 AM »

I'm curious, which mods did you make?

Also I always wanted to make minecraft mods but I was always too lazy, and most of the not overcomplicated things are already done, I might try modding in gnomoria as well:P

I think I am mostly known for Plugins for forestry, DenPipes, or GateCopy. Though these days I'm working on INpureCore and OpenBees. (I'd love to do something for the merchant window like what INpureCore does to NEI...)

Pretty much if you've played a major FTB pack in the last couple years you've ran my code in one form or another.