May 28, 2017, 05:17:18 AM

Author Topic: [MOD for GnomoriaModUI] Automatic trading  (Read 20541 times)

Wild Braas

• View Profile
Re: [Mod] Automatic trading
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 12:48:19 AM »
Yay, very glad to hear this!
Я художник, я так вижу.

My mods: Auto resume after saving Perfomance dreams Auto trading Herold Happy Farmer

majorgetsome

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 10:22:42 AM »
I'm having trouble finding wool under the menu. I see cotton but I can't find wool to set up for auto trade

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »
Can you tell me where to find or place the mod folder? I would LOVE to have this feature in-game but don't want to screw with files I don't need to.

majorgetsome

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 12:29:52 PM »
1) Download and install Faark's mini-mod here from here -> http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=3614.0

2) Place the files from here into the mod folder that the above will create

3) Run the GnomoriaModUI.exe and make sure to select the "Auto trading in market"

4) "launch modded game"

edit-
Oh also when you download the files they may be blocked for safety so to unblock them all you have to do is right click -> properties ->"unblock" towards the bottom
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:32:27 PM by majorgetsome »

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 04:49:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I'd like to share your mod on the steam forums modding thread, because its that great! Let me know if you've got a problem with that.

hexen1024

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:02 PM »
So am I the only one this stopped working for ? The mod loader won't even list it as a possible mod to load any more, after updating. Are you using the indev version or the regular one ?

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »
So am I the only one this stopped working for ? The mod loader won't even list it as a possible mod to load any more, after updating. Are you using the indev version or the regular one ?

Ah, I'm not the only one. I would assume because Robobob put out a patch right after releasing to stable that this mod is out of date. Dang Robobob and his near immediate game-breaking-bug-fixes! :P

hexen1024

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 11:27:54 PM »
So Stable actually still works. It's the RC11 and up from the indev branch that breaks something. I assume something changed on the way market stalls are being run. When I force the game to downgrade to stable and run the mod UI the mod shows up and I can select it. While the game is in the indev branch it doesn't even show up for the modUI to select.

Now if I start the ModUI select the mod, and then while that's running update to the indev branch, it lets me select it and start and immediately crashes with a fault somewhere in market stall. I can try and bring it up again if you think it's useful. but it's easy enough to recreate the steps to see it for yourself.

Hope this helps. It's been my favorite since I found it 2 days ago and now I don't feel like playing without it :P

Thanks again,
Hexen

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 05:14:47 AM »
I'm having trouble finding wool under the menu. I see cotton but I can't find wool to set up for auto trade
Thanks! Now "fiber" (old cotton) and "bolt of cloth" has materials "cotton" and "wool" in xml file. If you are trade "cotton" before, now is fiber. Name is change if delete and re-add this stuff. But if not, trade still works as "fiber any material"

majorgetsome, thanks a lot! Added to topic head.

Arryu, not the problem :-[ If you add link to this thread, because updating info more than one place is boring to me.

Done. Works with up to RC12. And stable (version) of course. You need reload binaries from gDocs. Problem has a sealeding one of used GUI classes on RC 11.

(Dear RoBobob! If you have any claim for me, please send me PM, I stop development immidiately)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:56:25 AM by Wild Braas »
Я художник, я так вижу.

My mods: Auto resume after saving Perfomance dreams Auto trading Herold Happy Farmer

hexen1024

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 08:15:27 AM »
Awesome, I will go test this right now :)

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »
I really like this mod. It makes trading so much simpler!

a few things though: I know English is a second language, so a translation I noticed that could be improved on: The merchant has sit on a chair" notification is a bit off, how about "The market stall is open for trade" as an alternative?

next: looking through the list under your "items to be sold" tab, you have both "wheat" and "straw." I assume "wheat" is actually "wheat grain"?

finally: an option to sell excesses would be nice. Right now if I try to auto trade to a gnome with no stock to get rid of the 5k straw I have I still have to do it the old fashioned way of searching through that horrendously long list. This could also be a problem when I have high value items like jewelry to sell. I try to sell my 3k straw, 4k seeds, 100 statuettes, 2.5k grains, and 50 commemorative coins to a gnome who has only 10k worth of stock I want leads to a big lists to go through to sell excess.

My suggestion is a check box near the auto-trade button that reads "sell excess," checking this before  clicking "auto-trade" loads your trade page with everything left over you want to sell regardless of the gnome merchants stock. This way you won't have 8k worth of seeds and straw lying about because the merchant is bought out by five or so pieces of jewelry.

hexen1024

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
If you list the items like wheat and grain, and whatever else excess you have on the top it will fill the merchant with those first before trying to sell the coins and such. It basically sells everything from the top of the list down till it has enough, it works well for me.

Also confirmed it once agai. Works with my indev world ! Thanks for that

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
I really like this mod. It makes trading so much simpler!

I am very glad! Thanks!

"The market stall is open for trade" as an alternative?

Good point! I will take away from options XML all the string stuff. And "Market is open for trade" is shorter for lesser gamer resolutions.

looking through the list under your "items to be sold" tab, you have both "wheat" and "straw." I assume "wheat" is actually "wheat grain"?

I filling the stuff XML next way: I exported itemID and Material enums to the external files, aggergate all the my stuff to XML and magically combine this files to the final XML. So yes, innacuracy have place to be.

an option to sell excesses would be nice

Mod was conceived as jewish-style trading in automatic mode, i.e. sell only that what may buy merchant. In your case you may manually add kingdom goods to the deal and click "Get merchant goods" button. In this case kingdom goods not aligned. But if need automatic avalanche, a checkbox is a right choise  ::)

I use a 3G internet now on home and may upload only 0-day bugs, but satur-sun will be next release with this stuff  ;D

you have on the top it will fill the merchant with those first before trying to sell the coins and such

Right! Not a coin to the enemy!

Also confirmed it once agai. Works with my indev world ! Thanks for that

Big thanks for your furtherance bro!

Next step is rebuild tree-view to the nice-vis offsets and enderless height, add auto trading sound, more optionable notifications (I bored with tons of "Merchant has nothing to trade"), re-design a added goods list, save pos and size options form per kingdom and little more less-quarry stuff
Я художник, я так вижу.

Wild Braas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 12:12:50 PM »
So, I done little fix for you.

v1.1:
[ADD] Added "Sell excesses" to market stall form. If you click "Auto trade" button with checked this box, algorithm skip fortress goods alignment.
[ADD] Added "Notify successful trading" and "Notify failed trading" checkboxes in auto trade section. With this options you see notify only if this CBs checked.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:18:13 PM by Wild Braas »
Я художник, я так вижу.

EliseoAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
very good job! thanks you  ;)
I will test it when I get home.
Making Gnome kingdoms from Argentina