April 25, 2017, 03:20:30 PM

Author Topic: The Dusty Fang  (Read 3574 times)

Specolar

• View Profile
The Dusty Fang
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
I'm creating a Let's Play of Gnomoria with a written back story to go with it. My inspiration came from reading this Let's Play of Dwarf Fortress, http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/258nh8/roomcarnage_springtime_at_a_haunted_glacier/.

I will be tackling my Let's Play slightly different (besides the change of game) in that I will be taking other players' input and adding it this to the game. I am currently trying to get some more people to join before I post the first part of the story.

There are currently 5 spots remaining and if you would like to volunteer, please leave a comment here http://www.reddit.com/r/gnomoria/comments/2u9a5l/input_needed_for_something_of_a_lets_play/. If you don't have a reddit account at least copy the format I have described for the gnomes, leave a comment here and I will add you as soon as I can.

Specolar

• View Profile
Re: The Dusty Fang
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
The first story has been written and uploaded to imgur.

You can find it here http://imgur.com/a/vkh2h#0

JadedSins

• Automatons! Roll-Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 02:32:43 AM »
I would like to be in this tale of tales!
Name:Jaded Sinner
Profession:Miner
Weapon:Tower Shield
Personality: once a Basher(Taunter) for hire, he now finds the art of mining in his list of skills(after a long stint in a mining prison) he agreed to come on this expedition to escape his enemies revenge, he loves destroying things, but has an keen ability when it comes to crafting stone.
Gnome death counter! :D
Alive:34
Dead:36
only for my most advanced kingdom

Specolar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:39:49 AM »
I would like to be in this tale of tales!
Name:Jaded Sinner
Profession:Miner
Weapon:Tower Shield
Personality: once a Basher(Taunter) for hire, he now finds the art of mining in his list of skills(after a long stint in a mining prison) he agreed to come on this expedition to escape his enemies revenge, he loves destroying things, but has an keen ability when it comes to crafting stone.

Thanks for wanting to be a gnome in my story!

However someone already claimed to be the miner that joins the military out of my original starting gnomes. I would like to avoid having all of my current miners in the military in case something goes wrong and they both die. So what I will do is delay adding you until I get some gnomads and make you whichever gnomad has the highest mining skill. You will be included in the next story, but it will end with your arrival and introduction.

Also until I get my metal industry up, I will be giving your gnome 2 wooden shields to train with.

JadedSins

• Automatons! Roll-Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
Sweet! Thanks!

Specolar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
Part 2 of the story is now up, you can check it here http://imgur.com/a/8iXv0#0. With the arrival of new gnomads there are more spots available for people to volunteer, if you want to volunteer reply to this thread in the following format found here http://www.reddit.com/r/gnomoria/comments/2u9a5l/input_needed_for_something_of_a_lets_play/. The available positions are listed on the last picture of the Imgur album.

Kythandra

• Building Something
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Let's see if you like this one

Name: Kyth (Aka: Kitty but i don't recommend using it in front of her)
Profession: Builder
Weapon: Sword and Shield, until she places her eyes on the first pistol.... Sword and pistol/dual pistols there after.

Bio: A bit absent minded and not very talkative until she has drunk a little, beer being her favourite. She is always thinking about new buildings and designs. Whenever she has spare time she will rush to the great hall , pull out a scrap of paper and start drawing the next building she wants to create.
She also takes her duty very seriously. Training endlessly to perform better in the defence of her fortress. She is a bit obsessed with perfection. She believes in armor, always trying to have the best available (for everyone) and despises those who go to combat unarmoured. Suicidal fools she calls them. "Getting yourself killed will not help our friends at home!"

Have Fun
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:35:30 AM by Kythandra »

Specolar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 11:16:21 AM »
Let's see if you like this one

Name: Kyth (Aka: Kitty but i don't recommend using it in front of her)
Profession: Builder
Weapon: Sword and Shield, until she places her eyes on the first pistol.... Sword and pistol/dual pistols there after.

Bio: A bit absent minded and not very talkative until she has drunk a little, beer being her favourite. She is always thinking about new buildings and designs. Whenever she has spare time she will rush to the great hall , pull out a scrap of paper and start drawing the next building she wants to create.
She also takes her duty very seriously. Training endlessly to perform better in the defence of her fortress. She is a bit obsessed with perfection. She believes in armor, always trying to have the best available (for everyone) and despises those who go to combat unarmoured. Suicidal fools she calls them. "Getting yourself killed will not help our friends at home!"

Have Fun

This should be quite fun, I will probably just refer to her as Kyth so I don't need to figure out how to work in the Kitty name while keeping that "don't say it in front of her" vibe. I need to rework my profession assignments a bit (I have builders helping out on the farms, but with the new farmer, I don't need that any more) so I can create some instances of her doing the sketches of buildings.

Good news, I already have your gnome (one of the original builders, not the new builder/miner) training with a stone sword and wooden shield (no access to metal yet), I think they are already level 20+ in those skills. So once the goblins start coming your gnome should be fine dealing with them along with the rest of the squad.

There should be some interesting interactions between her and the gnome called Arkady, as the person who picked them requested to be a Highlander (the no armor, 2 handed wielding, neck chopping perk). However that person also described them as being "of few words" so it'll probably just look like your gnome is yelling at them constantly for the lack of armor and they are not listening.

Kythandra

• Building Something
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »
Great! I'm glad you liked her. I'll be loking forward to read their stories and how Arkady and her get along.

Have Fun

JadedSins

• Automatons! Roll-Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 08:28:39 PM »
Its dead isn't it?  :(

been 8 months, its time to stop holding out hope...