July 23, 2017, 07:40:17 PM

Author Topic: Crystalcyst Story  (Read 2359 times)

NewRoman

• View Profile
Crystalcyst Story
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:13:23 PM »
Hello all,

I figured I would try something different with my newest Gnomish Kingdom Crystalcyst. I wanted to tell the story of my kingdom through the eyes of a 'king.' I write anything I figured was particularly interesting only in journal format. I will attempt to include pictures along with my journal entries, but due to the attachment size cap that may be difficult. Anyways let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or other stuff. Hope you enjoy this story!

-Thanks

Journal Entry #1
King Wingle The Founder
10th Day of Spring, Year 1

I could not be more proud of my troop of brave gnomes! We have located a beautiful land that lays upon some lakes and is protected by a daunting mountain cliff. Pace and Dewemkenestled, the twin brothers, have likened to calling it Crystalcyst due to the sparkling of the Mountain side. Here we will make a fortress that will stand the test of time.

I have commissioned the excavation of numerous industry rooms. In order of construction: One Timber Mill, one Stone workshop, one Kitchen with Larder, one Tailor’s workshop with room for Kilns and bonecarver, one Jeweler, and one Forgeworks. Hopefully we can get our forges fired soon and begin construction of proper defenses. Already Gnes and Heda two stout laborers with an amiable affection have begun a competition of who can come up with the best name for the various industry rooms. I am partial to The Gilded Kiln which will produce many valuable trade goods.

I must say that the farming here is excellent with plenty of irrigation and room for pastures, but I fear our growth may bring the attention of the nearby Goblin Kingdom of The Miserable Kingdom. Why it has such a name I do not know and do not wish to know. The sun has risen and I have much work to do, so with that I leave you with my report.

King Wingles Report on the Kingdom of Crystalcyst

Gnomes
Certle (Founder): Stout and Healthy
Knus (Laborer): Stout and Healthy
Mimbleskatia (Laborer): Stout and Healthy
Gnes (Laborer): Stout and Healthy
Heda (Laborer): Stout and Healthy
Pace (Pioneer): Stout, Healthy, and High Spirits
Ivastle (Pioneer): Stout and Healthy
Dewemkenestled (Pioneer): Stout, Healthy, and High Spirits

Kingdom Worth
Stocks: 2766
Construction: 1382
Total: 4148 

NewRoman

• View Profile
Re: Crystalcyst Story
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:17:09 PM »

Journal Entry #2
King Wingle The Founder
12th Day of Spring, Year 1

I had to commission a temporary dirt overflow stockpile, which seems ridiculous. However, with the massive excavation projects and the beginnings of our mines we have had to move enormous amounts of soil. The Great Hall is coming along nicely, and I have ensured a respectable shrine to nature has been built. The customary star engravings, moon engravings, and finally the water engraving have been placed in that order to signify the order of nature’s ascendance.  Hopefully this ode to Nature will grant us luck for the coming days.

NewRoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
Journal Entry #3
King Wingle The Founder
1st Day of Summer, Year 1

Happy Days! Five new Gnomads arrived, and with them came some highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately they were ambushed by a monitor lizard, and two of their number Alli and Mer were bloodied. They were given some bandages and seem to be doing fine.

Their leader, Alli, is a highly skilled axeman. Her command of the weapon was so deft that I ceded my armor and hand axe so that she may put it to better use. I hope that this is a wise decision, and that she won’t attempt to overthrow me, but she appears to be a trustworthy sort. With all these new Gnomes, I ordered Gnes, who seems the quickest wit (highest curiosity), to create new professions for our gnomes. After much deliberation Gnes came up with many suitable professions. They are as follows:

Weaponsmith
Armorer
Druid
Farmer
Miner
Stonemason
Carpenter
Tailor
Chef
Brewer
Founder is now Builder

He chose this list after lengthy interviews and inspection of his fellow gnomes to see what they were particularly skilled at, and assigned them to a suitable profession. I have authorized his recommendations, since they seem to be the best option. I hear whispers of criticism due to my light-handed rule, but as any good leader knows leadership is simply good deliberation. Not to mention Pace and Dewemkenestled I thrilled that they will be working side by side as Brewer and Chef. Now I must get back to it, because there is much work to be done.

King Wingle’s Report on the Kingdom of Crystalcyst

Gnomes
Certle (Builder): Stout and Healthy
Knus (Stonemason): Stout, Healthy, and signs of discontent
Mimbleskatia (Miner): Stout and Healthy
Gnes (Carpenter): Stout and Healthy
Heda (Carpenter): Stout, Healthy, and Good Spirits
Pace (Brewer): Stout, Healthy, and Ecstatic
Ivastle (Tailor): Stout and Healthy
Dewemkenestled (Chef): Stout, Healthy, and Ecstatic
Junwan (Weaponsmith): Stout and Healthy
Fizzled (Druid): Stout and Healthy
Mer (Druid): Stout and Healthy
Alli (Druid): Stout and Healthy (must keep an eye on her)
Din (Armorer): Stout and Healthy

Kingdom Worth
Stocks: 2817
Construction: 2610
Total: 5427

NewRoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:19 PM »
Journal Entry #4
King Wingle The Founder
3rd Day of Summer, Year 1

Victory! Our gnomes spotted a goblin raiding party from The Miserable Kingdom, and soundly defeated it with no casualties or injuries, leading credence to the goblin kingdoms name. The goblins were content on simply scouting our lands, but I refused to allow the curs free passage and ordered all of Crystalcyst’s gnomes to attack. The battle was over before it began, and our gnomish martial arts came to good use as we bit, kicked, and punched our way to victory. I must commend Ivastle and Pace for their performance in the battle. I watched in horror and awe as Ivastle bit the throat of one goblin and ripped its windpipe out. It was gruesome, and even now Ivastle has an eerie smile on his face. I will have to remember to keep an eye on him.

King Wingle’s Military Report

Squads
The Filthy Eels
•   Alli (Axeman)
•   Myself (Militia)
•   Knus (Militia)
•   Heda (Militia)
•   Gnes (Militia)

The Fiendprowlers
•   Pace (Militia)
o   1 Goblin Kill
•   Ivastle (Militia)
o   Awarded Martial Arts Badge
o   2 Goblin Kills
•   Dewemkenestled (Militia)
•   Certle (Militia)
•   Mimbleskatia (Militia)

The Throatacers
•   Junwan (Militia)
•   Mer (Militia)
•   Din (Militia)
•   Fizzled (Militia)

NewRoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »
Journal Entry #5
King Wingle The Founder
4th Day of Summer, Year 1

We must construct some more straw beds soon. Not too long ago Pace fell asleep outside of the walls! This simply will not do. I already know that Knus is unhappy with the situation, and I can’t imagine how disappointed he is with a lack of beds. Dewemenkenestled was injured by a honey badger while trying to fetch the last of the goblin corpses. Maybe I am taking advantage of the brother’s enthusiasm and working them to hard, which is causing their foolhardiness.

NewRoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:26 PM »
Hello again all,

I just realized that this Kingdoms forum is more of a multiplayer forum and that the pictures forum is meant for seeds like this. So if you want to continue to follow the story of Crystalcyst please find it under the Pictures forum under The Story of Crystalcyst.

-Thanks