April 25, 2017, 01:20:13 PM

Author Topic: Looking for a game like...  (Read 2341 times)

Turner

• The wheat its alive ALIVE HAHAHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
    • Steam Account...
Looking for a game like...
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
OK as it says i have been looking for a game that is somewhat like Age Of Empire 3. Or (Black and White 2). It does not have to be modern and it does not have to be dark ages all im looking for is something that offers the control of massive armys like in age of empires. (Better graphics if possible. If not at least decent) If anyone knows of any games like that please let me know it would help a lot (Price of the game does not matter) It can be old as dirt for all I care all i want is a good game. No turn based please
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:02:32 PM by Turner »

Twilight of the gods

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a game like...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:04:48 AM »
Have you looked into Supreme Commander or the other Age of Empire games?

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:08:20 AM »
Rise of Nations
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

Aynslei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »
Rise of Nations
I enjoyed that one, I also enjoyed Rise of Legends but it was different.

There is a game called 0 A.D. that might fit. It is free and open source, I have it downloaded but have not tried it yet.
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.

Turner

• The wheat its alive ALIVE HAHAHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
    • Steam Account...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »
Rise of nations is not bad but it does not seem like I could get into it I mean age of empire had a lot more detail put into it. Black and white 2 was amazing and I am looking for something a little more like that

StrangeTemplar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 04:42:12 PM »
Empire Earth (link) is probably closest to what you want. It was fairly decent. If I remember correctly, there were 12 total epochs (ages) that you could develop through, from stone age up through a futuristic space age. While I enjoyed it, it seemed a bit bland compared to the Age of Empires series, mostly since it was a more drawn out version of the same thing.

Other good RTS games that don't exist in the same time eras include Star Craft, Sins of A Solar Empire (One of my favorites), and the Command and Conquer series. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

Other options are the total war series, though the early games had really sucky combat controls; Civilization series, though it is turn based and lacking in large scale combat. You might enjoy Paradox's games like Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kings, though they are too complex for me to get into.

Aurellus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
There's a really old game called cossacks that had huge armies, it's on GOG I think