April 24, 2017, 11:42:10 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC12 release  (Read 73668 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC11 release
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
I got a 0 byte update today (0.9.17, indev).
Now i can no longer open the engineer's workshop:
I play on peaceful, so there are no golem cores and i have no automatons!
Crashes with and w/o mods (only way to get this error message is with mods).

kinsi

• Don't touch the shiny!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC11 release
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »

Thank you, RoboB0b, works like a charm!
You have questions or suggestions? Before posting use the search function! Click >here< !!!

CL4P-TP aka Claptrap: "Well done! Your ability to walk short distances without dying will be Handsome Jack's Downfall!"

Telarin

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC12 release
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »
One thing that stands out is that Automatons require WAY to much metal to repair. Metal automaton bit by a zombie? That's going to require a full armor plate. A badly damaged automaton can actually end up requiring MORE metal than was required to build it in the first place. I don't have an easy solution for this, but a couple ideas:

Maybe we could have an option somewhere that automatons should not be repaired until they actually need a whole metal plate's worth of hit points, that way we aren't using up 4 to 8 pieces of ore just to deal with a scratch.

Another option would be to make a patch kit, which uses substantially less metal, somewhere on the order of 2 or 3 patch kits created per bar, and those are used for repairs, rather than full armor plates.

mrvith

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »
One thing that stands out is that Automatons require WAY to much metal to repair. Metal automaton bit by a zombie? That's going to require a full armor plate. A badly damaged automaton can actually end up requiring MORE metal than was required to build it in the first place. I don't have an easy solution for this, but a couple ideas:

Maybe we could have an option somewhere that automatons should not be repaired until they actually need a whole metal plate's worth of hit points, that way we aren't using up 4 to 8 pieces of ore just to deal with a scratch.

Another option would be to make a patch kit, which uses substantially less metal, somewhere on the order of 2 or 3 patch kits created per bar, and those are used for repairs, rather than full armor plates.

Seconding this.

Eganowa

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2015, 06:03:17 AM »
Game crashes, can't find the reason for it. Removed all stockpiles, suspended all workshops, unassigned all gnomes from their jobs, removed population cap from 10.
Starting to think there is a problem when you try to dig out a map. 3 out of 3 maps became unplayable while attempting to dig out an area (over 10x10 tiles) from lvl 0 to lvl -7

Problem signature:
EventType : clr20r3     
P1 : gnomoria.exe     
P2 : 0.9.17.0     
P3 : 54e39428
P4 : mscorlib     
P5 : 4.0.0.0     
P6 : 4ba1da6f     
P7 : 210     
P8 : 18     
P9 : system.argumentoutofrange   

Other problems: gnomes don't correct path set before deconstructing a well. If a gnome would path on the tile with a well that is being deconstructed he will stand before the hole it was build on. Building a floor over the hole resets their path.

p24t

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2015, 07:20:03 AM »

Seconding this.

I haven't really seen much of an issue with this.  Sure, they're more expensive than gnomes who use bandages to repair, but that's just a trade-off.  Even then, it can't be that much metal used overall - my current Automaton kingdom is currently protected by a set of 10 bots - 4 bronze & 6 iron.  Current KW is just under 3M, so they're getting a decent level of combat, and a couple usually need repairs after a fight.

I don't even usually send out merchants, and I've got loads of metal.  Been using it to line my floors.  Next step is to see if I can get any steel cores to make steel bots.  (only making bots out of the same kind of metal core just because... I've got the metal)

Telarin

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »
Yeah, my combat automatons actually require less metal to maintain than my hauling automatons. The reason for this is that they only deal with invasions. Unfortunately, my hauling automatons, which is the main thing I use them for, regularly encounter minor creatures while hauling from the deep: zombies, skeletons, things like this. Even a minor zombie bite, which shouldn't even be able to damage an automaton in the first place, requires an entire armor plate to repair. On the other hand, the combat automatons only deal with large invasions, so they take all their damage at once, are patched up with a few plates (since one plate fixes a wound regardless of size apparently) and head back to training.

Stenner

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
So I made a quick and dirty kingdom to get started again, and my 3 squads of gnome-fu workers who are tagged to follow attack orders, protect gnomes, and run away if possible, when they train the two gnomes fighting run to opposite ends of the map and "shake" along opposite borders.  This still produces a combat log.

majorgetsome

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2015, 01:57:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's because you have avoid combat checked

Stenner

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2015, 02:00:46 PM »
For training?  At the training grounds?

majorgetsome

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
Yes, it sort of overrides everything

tedk84

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
hey RoboB0b,

can you plz fix the index out of bounds error while using quivers/ammo pouches?

As seen here: http://bugzilla.gnomoria.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52

Really kills the game for me ...........

more info : http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=7512.0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Date: 19.02.2015 16:22:21
Assembly: gnomoria.exe
 Version: 0.9.17.0
   World: world06
 Message: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
   bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   bei Game.Behaviors.RefillAmmo.c869553fb6990e6ccf7f3fbff7da46816(Character cc394770a01f5e1f593a9ae6962cf798e, Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   bei Game.BehaviorTree.Condition`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   bei Game.BehaviorTree.Sequence`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   bei Game.BehaviorTree.Selector`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   bei Game.Character.Update(Single dt)
   bei Game.GameEntityManager.cb47392663d0dc2306f9f4f4f0538646e(Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   bei Game.GameEntityManager.Update(Single dt)
   bei Game.GnomanEmpire.cce48101c3be44fa5bd8b6826610afdec(Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   bei Game.GnomanEmpire.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   bei A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:11:56 AM by tedk84 »

Eganowa

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »
After reading tedk84 post, I checked my crashing games. All had the mentioned by him quiver error.
I found out that at my games, the bug only occurs when a used quiver is dropped during a job, but not when a gnome dies, runs away from a enemy or is taken off the squad.
Maybe giving it a equipment slot or making that if in squad, it will never get dropped, would solve it?

mrvith

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
After reading tedk84 post, I checked my crashing games. All had the mentioned by him quiver error.
I found out that at my games, the bug only occurs when a used quiver is dropped during a job, but not when a gnome dies, runs away from a enemy or is taken off the squad.
Maybe giving it a equipment slot or making that if in squad, it will never get dropped, would solve it?

I'm getting a similar crash when a gnome tries to equip ammo from a quiver/pouch that is on the ground. I have been able to work around it by selling all of the unequipped containers, but it's annoying. Setting ammo pouches and ammo in separate stockpiles helps with the frequency, but I still end up with gnomes putting full ammo pouches in the ammo stockpiles and then it crashes when the rangers try to use it.

tedk84

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:28:55 AM by tedk84 »