October 20, 2017, 09:59:14 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC12 release  (Read 84012 times)

Sven

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.17 release
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
Just tested:
1) Automatons do level up their skills. Starting skills are randomized like skills of new gnomes. They also have very high Fitness (~150), low nimbleness  (~80) and very low curiosity (50).
2) They don't increase KW. They actually lower it, because KW from their parts basically disappears.
3) They increase kingdom's population. But it's rather hard to test if this actually counts for calculating chance and number of new gnomads.

Aynslei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
This. And I believe that if a golem core drops on a stockpile square it bugs out that square.

I'm currently transferring dirt from stockpile to stockpile and a golem spawned (somehow; all my dirt was in a stockpile), dropping a core in the stockpile. Now that square has about 15 piles of 64 dirt, 100 individual dirt, and one golem core.

I think this might be a a general bug with any golem drop on a stockpile. Both before using this patch and after any golem kills on stockpiles made the items almost invisible to my haulers. The only way I fixed it was removing the stockpile and waiting for them to handle it at the haulers own pace, the clean floor command just seemed to make the situation worse. Still needs more testing.
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.

Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
Also after opting in and out of beta made my save file bugged:
Was playing on new kingdom on 9.16, updated to .17, loaded old kingdom from 9.15, tested automatons, then switched back to 9.16, loaded kingdom from 9.16, saved game and now i can't load it.
Update: verifying game cache in steam fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:39:20 PM by Sven »

BertJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »
Just tested:
1) Automatons do level up their skills. Starting skills are randomized like skills of new gnomes. They also have very high Fitness (~150), low nimbleness  (~80) and very low curiosity (50).
2) They don't increase KW. They actually lower it, because KW from their parts basically disappears.
3) They increase kingdom's population. But it's rather hard to test if this actually counts for calculating chance and number of new gnomads.

The last one we would need to get a game editor and make a new kingdom, add 6 automations, run the season[12 days]. Then if gnomads appear, they do not add/decrease the chance of gnomads arriving. If 0 arrive, Well then they add obviously.

Merl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 04:38:18 PM »
They use very expensive bandages (armor plates) for repairs.  They also require a gnome with engineering and medic for repairs.
Using "Construct to" does not work as a built one does not count against the threshold.

I'm curious how they work with WOTG.  Two headed ogres don't need weapons to do significant damage, perhaps these are our version.

bizantia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:22 AM »
Hi.  I am new to the forums, but I've loved this game for many hours.  Anyways; I've noticed a bug with the automatons.  They will sometimes bug out during refueling, and gnomes will get stuck trying to feed them coal.  Assigning military duty or unchecking "mechanic" in the professions list will get the gnome to stop attempting to refuel the automaton, but the same thing will continue to happen to every gnome that attempts to refuel. 

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
I'm curious how they work with WOTG.  Two headed ogres don't need weapons to do significant damage, perhaps these are our version.

I introduced 5 automatons to my military. Their fighting skills are pretty abysmal so far.

They train with the marauders (who have pretty good skills) so their skills should shoot up like crazy. But it really does not. Maybe their lacking curiosity hampers them?

Anyway, lets give them a season or two of constant training, and report back. They might be useful as PunchBots. Also, everything that soaks up damage is a good thing, as it protects my precious gnomes.

Edit: it seems they train better when left among themselves. They probably didnt get a hit in while sparring, and could not dodge at all, so the skills went up sloooow. They are quite OK for military purpose. One of them punched a bear through the ribcage and right into the lung with the first hit. They also are not stingy in a "real fight" as one of them has scored 2 twoheaded ogres and one goblin in the first fight with them.
Would I replace my entire army with them? No way! they EAT through coal, and are slowpokes when it comes to movement. Their dodge value also seems low, I wonder if it ever rises (with that nimbleness? unlikely...). But they are a fine addition to my army. Might get myself some more.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:12:39 AM by Merry76 »
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Overnosebaer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
here it goes:

Created about 20 of em so far.
- refilling manually: crash
- repairing more than one automaton: crash (could be because of not enough armor plates for every repair)
- repairing and creating one at the same time: crash

have fun looking at it: (unfortunately the save is right before my gnomes refill the automatons.. about 5 secs prior crash/can be longer if refill task is aborted manually)
savegame is at dropbox:SavedWorlds>Overnosebaer-dont judge-for the game.sav

lukazil

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 10:18:25 AM »
haven't had the time to try out this latest addition of awesome, but something that I would love to see would be automatons using weapons. I had in mind that they could only use 2h weapons, or maybe have specialty weapons that only they can use, like claws if they want quick attacks. (Been playing a lot of Endless Legend =P)

Gamer13579

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 11:50:41 AM »
Anyone want to post a pic? I'd love to see how they look.

arturusfury

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
here it goes:

Created about 20 of em so far.
- refilling manually: crash
- repairing more than one automaton: crash (could be because of not enough armor plates for every repair)
- repairing and creating one at the same time: crash

have fun looking at it: (unfortunately the save is right before my gnomes refill the automatons.. about 5 secs prior crash/can be longer if refill task is aborted manually)
savegame is at dropbox:SavedWorlds>Overnosebaer-dont judge-for the game.sav

I loaded up your save just to check out the golems, about 10 seconds of actual play time I got hit with a goblin assault that lagged the game horribly.  After that cleared up I didn't have any troubles with golems getting refueled.  I must say, that was a lot of spike traps and it did seem to work lol

Anyone want to post a pic? I'd love to see how they look.

I took a screenshot off Overnosebaer's save with some golems, all credit goes to him, I just snapped the pic.

Aynslei

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
Since they cant use weapons could they get a special heat type attack? Maybe costing extra fuel to do extra damage to armored targets?
Screen for slight inspiration.  ;D
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.

Tank2333

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »
I just got a crash while repairing a Golem
i had 6 golems so far

somehow i dont get a crashlog

but i think they are  little bit op right now
they should only be good at simple tasks like chopping wood mining stone/woodcutting but the more complex tasks should start with skill level at 1
or they shouldnt be able to skill up and their skill levels maybe depend on the material used

TheRogon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »
I would like to see a "docking station" where my golem will just stand in an off(standby) position that can be connected to a pressure plate.  Basically only want to use these guys as guardian statues, step on the plate they fire up and if they see an enemy they attack~

Tank2333

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »
A refueling station wood be nice where thry when idle and instead of refueling them selfs they need to go in there and get refueled
this also could take a bit of time so its like sleeping
it also could provide coal like a throug provides straw