September 25, 2017, 12:02:05 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC12 release  (Read 82341 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.9.17 RC12 release
« on: December 05, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
RC12
Fixed
  • Crash opening engineer shop without automaton cores having yet existed in that world

RC11
General
  • Automaton core is now a separate item from golem core
  • Rebuilding autmatons from a core is more explicit and specific automaton cores can now be selected
RC10
Fixed
  • Rare crash refueling automaton
  • Rare issue spawning golems that caused invalid items to be dropped on golem death
  • Bug where it was possible for items to be considered in a stockpile but weren't located on a stockpile. Caused crash on Clean Floor among other issues
  • Some miscolored pixels are various floor tiles and scaffolding
RC9
General
  • Changed it so that resources are only lost on golem death if a sliver or core is generated
Fixed
  • Gnome arms being hit way more than intended
RC8
General
  • Added some inefficiency to golem spawns.  Dirt/clay and stone golems will also generate metal slivers
Fixed
  • Fixed wheat color
RC7
General
  • Reduced minimum stocks before golems spawn from 1000 to 500 (250 for bars)
  • Added straw to golem spawns (wheat golems)
Fixed
  • Fixed fluctuations in automaton worth (It was generating a quality but not using it for anything else)
  • Crash trying to save after loading a game with a dropped automaton core
  • Gnomads arriving over population cap if the population before the wave was lower.  New gnomads will only take the population up to the cap now
The holidays were a bit hectic but I have a few changes ready for you guys
RC6
General
  • Added worth display to automaton overview
  • Automatons that are out of fuel are indicated by ZZZ
  • Automatons can be manually disassembled with the same penalties applying to skills as when dying from a destroyed fuel tank
Fixed
  • Multiple gnomes attempting to repair the same automaton
RC5
General
  • Automatons count towards Kingdom Worth
  • Craft To works for automatons
  • Automatons dismantle on death.  If the core is still intact it can be used to recraft the automaton with a penalty to skills
RC4
General
  • Added manual population cap setting to population overview.  A value of 0 has no cap (the default is no cap)
RC3
Fixed
  • Gnomes attempting to refuel automatons at the wrong position resulting in them getting stuck and the job not completing
RC2
General
  • Added fuel percentage display to automaton overview UI
Fixed
  • Missing stockpile options for golem core
I'm still working on automaton corpses but I didn't want these little changes to get held up longer.

RC1
General
  • Added automatons
    • Researched after prosthetic limbs
    • Crafted at Engineer Shop
    • Requires a golem core to craft. Golem cores have a chance of spawning when golems are killed
    • Body part materials are determined by the materials of components used
    • Can be repaired at an Engineer Shop using armor plates
    • Die when core or fuel tank is destroyed in combat
    • Can perform jobs and be on squads
    • Can't equip weapons or armor
    • Requires coal to run.  Gnomes will add coal when empty otherwise automatons refuel themselves.  They don't eat/drink/sleep
It took a little longer than I expected but I didn't want to wait longer to get these changes in your hands.  I need to update their info UI to indicate fuel, etc.  There might be some issues with squad perks but I will do more testing.  Currently when they die they create a corpse that rots as usual.  I'm considering having corpses be repairable to effectively revive the automaton or at least recover some parts.  Rotting is just placeholder.  Repairing might hinge on whether the core was destroyed or not.  Skills, attributes, fuel consumption, etc might still need adjusting.  The biggest combat factor is the type of armor plates used.  I'm considering having the core effect starting skills/attributes.  It currently is only factoring into how much damage it can take.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:21:19 AM by RoboB0b »

DaniAngione

• Watching the world burn...
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.17 release
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
"Added automatons"

..... holy pineapple... The day has come.
TO ARMS, MY GNOMES!

(Thanks again for the amazing job! Will start playing with it and testing ASAP :) )

Crifmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:36:52 PM »
I'm tearing up...  It's beautiful!

Perform jobs?  Be on squads?  Don't eat/drink/sleep?  Love love love.

Aynslei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »
Legions of automatons will be built in RoboB0b's honor.

Working on farming those legions of core as we speak. You said the core effect how much damage they can take, does this have any thing to do with what layer the golems they came from spawned on? (Going to do science on my own though)
Edit: spelling
Edit: Science! current recipe 12 armor plates / 1 golem core / 4 gears / 1 cylinder
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:39:23 PM by Aynslei »
RoboB0b has permission to use anything I post for any reason.
Feel free to contact me about any questions you have.
Wisdom and Knowledge are the most sacred things.

Turellion

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:50:49 PM »
I'm not too keen on them being restricted to a drop from 1 mob, if you want to play without golems you are denied access to Automatons, i don't care if they are expensive but the cores should either be able to be bought from merchants or crafted.

Eldhelion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:19:21 PM »
and then the promised day has come and the gnomecota army shall be assembled
 :D

R3QUIT3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
Love it!!!!  Testing now!!  If you make the core affect attributes and skills can you also make it so we can merge core's to increase one core's stat's, maybe a max of five refinement's with one to three point increases/decreased depending on stat combinations at a time... also not sure what was decided on the wooden prosthetic conversation but I just joined the forum so would like to add my vote to it being unlocked in second set at tinker bench, have it fragile so maybe they can only be labourers as one hit would shatter the arm or other part or only restore movement back to 3/4 or something if you want a penalty, although I think just breaking in battle easily would be enough.....

Anyway's love the way the game is going!! Keep up the good work!!!  I also vote for the satyr's to be added to the enemies from that author's tileset, damn just saw his name but can't remember, think it would go great with this, doesn't really need to be anything more than a goblin reskin to start but think it would be epic!!!

Of course I have already had so much fun with this game so anything from here on out is just bonus and pushes my respect and appreciation for your work ethic beyond comprehensible levels!!!

Skev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »
Golem cores currently missing from the stockpile list.

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 02:59:50 AM »
Can't wait to see these guys in action. Thanks RoboB0b!

Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »
Will automatons increase their skills with time as gnomes do?

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:49 AM »
So automatons can be used in the military, but cant equip weapons? Do they know gnome fu? Automaton boxing?

Read this as: are they any good instead of being metalic shields for real soldiers?

I'll fix myself some of them up to get them tried by fire. (if they arent good, they will be forever haulers...)
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 05:21:31 AM »
No clue what's going wrong here, but DISCO!

(Using http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=6027.0 shouldn't be causing gameplay bugs)

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
Awesome update, it will be fun to try them out.

A few questions though.

Automatons can perform jobs, does that mean any job that a gnome can do? Personally I don't think they should be able to do skilled labor tasks, or if they can their skills in those tasks should be low enough that it wouldn't be worth it. They could be useful for enhancing military and doing simple labor, like hauling, but not so that they can replace gnomes entirely.

You said their starting skills would be determined by the core used, does that mean that skills will increase through use, same as for a regular gnome? If so, I disagree, automatons should have uses, but they should never be as good as a skilled gnome, otherwise, what use are the gnomes. Also for game balance, if you can build any number of automatons, as long as you have enough cores it might unbalance things if they can also do all the things that a gnome can do, the number of which is limited by KW. Or will you put some 'hard' limit on the number of automatons that are allowed?

EDIT: Can't equip weapons and armor? No armor, fine. But no weapons, do they attack only unarmed attacks in combat, or do they have some special built-in weapons? I wonder how useful they would be without weapons. It would be nice though, with some oversized automatons that can wield two-handed weapons in one hand. Claymore and Tower Shield, or dual-wielding tower shields for defensive formations.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:18:42 AM by Razekh »

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 09:31:36 AM »
How stable is this RC? I might go indev just to test out automatons. Or is this an official release that hasn't been released to steam yet?

Bah, It's too exciting not to. I'm in!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:01:04 AM by Arryu »

Arryu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »
Golem cores currently missing from the stockpile list.

This. And I believe that if a golem core drops on a stockpile square it bugs out that square.

I'm currently transferring dirt from stockpile to stockpile and a golem spawned (somehow; all my dirt was in a stockpile), dropping a core in the stockpile. Now that square has about 15 piles of 64 dirt, 100 individual dirt, and one golem core.

Edit: I'm definitely getting golems spawning from stocked items, or at least dirt. Here is a link to the save. The golem cores and stockpile are on -5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl8deqf6cy1t228/world12.sav?dl=0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:21:02 AM by Arryu »