December 14, 2017, 06:32:02 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.16 RC5 released  (Read 44223 times)

Merry76

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.16 RC3 released
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 03:35:09 PM »
Not entirely sure if "amputees" react to having lost a limb the right way now. They stick into the hospital, not willing to do anything at all waiting for the prostetics to be researched/built.

This isnt so much of an issue with my kingdom (I only have to research prostetics, then tinkering becomes useless again), but if you start a new kingdom and someone looses a limb, they will sit around in bed being useless for a long, long time.

Or it forces the player to de-assign the hospital and re-assign it if someone needs medical attention. Sort of the wrong micromanagement, if you ask me.
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

SirNewbzAlot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
It seems that installed prosthetics count for stocking jobs and although they are not removed from the gnome and stocked stocking jobs will be repeatedly created in stockpiles suitable for prosthetics.

Installed prosthetics count towards craft to count.

There is no indication aside from visual for a gnome having a prosthetic installed and is a problem with bronze legs and feet because they highly resemble boot colors.

It would be nice if the gnomes with prosthetics had details in their character sheet somewhere with the ability to remove and install better ones as better materials become available.

R86

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 06:12:27 PM »
Prosthetic limbs!  They are a bit strong currently and I'm debating what changes I'd like to make if any.

^_^ OMG it's happening! I haven't got to test it yet but the current implementation (aside from the stock pile bug they mentioned) sounds really cool. Augmented limbs should be stronger and faster than organic limbs. Once you get things ironed out, maybe we could add an option for gnomes to "opt in" to replacement limbs?

Also, with this change, the only permanent injury will be broken eyes. Do you plan on adding robot eyes? Hahaha.

Also, the hospital behavior doesn't sound entirely negative. It's kind of hard to tell when you get a mutilated gnome without scrolling the combat log. The hospital could give us a way to eyeball how many injured gnomes we have.

SirNewbzAlot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
decapitated heads is still a permanent injury. same with destroyed hearts throats and lungs

p24t

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.16 released
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
If the problem is that the may be overpowered in combat, perhaps there could be some check against the age of the prosthetic?  I don't know if there's currently any age data stored for items, but it might be a simple check against the mechanical limb's age is to increase chance of taking damage?

As for armor, you could have the limb itself be armor, and treat damage to the skin as you would damage to armor made of the same metal.

SirNewbzAlot

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
^_^ OMG it's happening! I haven't got to test it yet but the current implementation (aside from the stock pile bug they mentioned) sounds really cool. Augmented limbs should be stronger and faster than organic limbs. Once you get things ironed out, maybe we could add an option for gnomes to "opt in" to replacement limbs?

Also, with this change, the only permanent injury will be broken eyes. Do you plan on adding robot eyes? Hahaha.

If robobob adds eyes that would be cool but hopefully it would come along with another kind of sensor to tinker. Right now no materials available for tinkering make sense as an eye. Maybe it could come along with the friendly/foe reactive pressure plate a lot of people ask for.

Opting in and some clarity on how to remove them to change materials would be nice. Think x-com mech suits. Maybe golem style battle suits for gnomes with all four limbs decapitated to ride along in

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »
Right now no materials available for tinkering make sense as an eye. Maybe it could come along with the friendly/foe reactive pressure plate a lot of people ask for.

Cut gems come to mind. They dont have "Tiers", so it would be a cosmetic choice to give them saphire or emerald eyes... Sure its not realistic to have gem eyes, but neither are mecanical prostetics. Fits the world setting though  :D

Opting in and some clarity on how to remove them to change materials would be nice. Think x-com mech suits. Maybe golem style battle suits for gnomes with all four limbs decapitated to ride along in

A proper health tab that shows what ails every gnome at a glance would be needed, especially if they can catch more diseases later on... Maybe the implantantion/replacement of the limbs could be initiated from there? I am not very fond of the gnomes choosing their limbs themselves...

Quick question: do prostetics increase Kingdom worth when implanted? If the gnome with the prostetic dies, does the prostetic fall to the ground, or can it be "looted" like every other equipment? It surely shouldnt rot...

How to share Savegames

SirNewbzAlot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
If the gnome with the prostetic dies, does the prostetic fall to the ground, or can it be "looted" like every other equipment? It surely shouldnt rot...

I haven't yet seen this happen. Frequency of getting limbs chopped off when making all my gnomes monks is decreasing over time with my gnome's skills, i'm going to start attacting mants and turn off my sorting gate to try to see what happens when a mechanical limb is decapitated. I'm also interested in what happens when a gnome with a mechanical hand or foot has their entire arm or leg chopped off.

I like the gems idea, but maybe not as a replacement eye, but as a spectacled helmet to fix blindness. Also for gnomey style.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:48:07 PM by SirNewbzAlot »

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
I just installed my first prostetic. No bugs with research and installation.

Its a bit disapointing that it doesnt change anything at all in the gnomes info tab... it should show that the gnome is healthy, but has a replacement limb - and of what material it is and where it is attached.

If the prostetic doesnt change the stats but is hardier than flesh, it probably is WAY stronger than a normal limb. My marauder now wears leather armour because she can hit faster in just leather but has a steel arm beneath it. That arm isnt going to come off anytime soon  ;D

Maybe when health gets a bit more complicated, frequent "tinkering" jobs would be needed to fix up prostetics? I mean they surely cant heal on their own? (I know - armour currently does, but thats a placeholder, right?)

How to share Savegames

re1wind

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »
Here's a question, if you replace the limbs of gnomes with steel/equivalent prosthetics and assign them to a way of the gnome squad, how many goblins does it take to make a goblin steak castle?

Splicer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
Yeah I'd be on board with gem eyes.

R86

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »
decapitated heads is still a permanent injury. same with destroyed hearts throats and lungs

None of those injuries are permanent though! They decay over time!

Cut gems come to mind.

Gem eyes sound awesome! Can you buy gems from the traders? Also omg laser eye weapons.

lukazil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »
Some potential bugs I was curious about, haven't been lucky enough to have my gnomes lose limbs (odd thing to hope for, but C'est la vie), but do mechanical limbs bleed when cut?

and if a zombie noms on a prosthetic, does it transmit the virus to the gnome?

Also: enjoying the game so far, keep up the good work RoboB0b!

MaGicBush

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »
Awesome update finally getting prosthetics so we can use those disabled Gnomes :). I agree with others though there should be more added to the health tab for each gnome showing a breakdown of their health. Maybe similar to how Rimworld has their health tab for each colonist(shows status of any hurt body part including arms, legs, and organs). It gets pretty detailed though and shows exactly what caused the damage which is not really needed, just an overview if nothing else showing prosthetics would be good, and later on any diseases if disease is added.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:31:52 AM by MaGicBush »

CumpyLustard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Kind of weird to say, but I'm looking forward to one of my gnomes getting a limb chopped off to test this out!

Also, does anyone else still have the problem with gnomes endlessly moving a pile/item back and forth in a stockpile? I can't recall if it was fixed or not, but I just experienced it in v0.9.16 RC3.