May 27, 2017, 12:20:17 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.16 RC5 released  (Read 38605 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.9.16 RC5 released
« on: October 27, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »
RC6
Fixed
  • Gnomes not dropping items held by a prosthetic arm when the arm was unattached
  • Gnomes ignoring quality when determining which prosthetic limb to attach
RC5
General
  • Disallow wearing armor over prosthetic limbs
  • Health tab has button for viewing prosthetic limb details similarly to equipment
  • When viewing prosthetic limb details it can manually be set to be removed at a hospital
Fixed
  • Installed prosthetic limbs not counting toward Kingdom Worth
RC4
General
  • Health tab reflects any prosthetic limbs the gnome might have
Fixed
  • Auto smelt worn items not working properly when some items were unreachable
  • Rare crash on load
  • Gnomes waiting at a hospital for prosthetic limb when none existed
  • Attempting to stock or use a prosthetic limb that was already attached to a gnome
  • Deconstructing a floor that was built as part of a Build Wall job causing the construction component to become unusable
RC3
Fixed
  • Removed some debug code that made tinkering progress very fast
RC2
Fixed
  • Tinker benches not unlocking prosthetic limbs
RC1
General
  • Added prosthetic limbs
Fixed
  • A couple pixels on the scaffolding sprite
Prosthetic limbs!  They are a bit strong currently and I'm debating what changes I'd like to make if any.  They are unlocked after Steam Engines with tinkering and require a hospital/doctor to install.  I might add some debug options in the game.ini for these RC builds if it's too hard to test normally.

For combat, their composition is similar to organic limbs, meaning that the functions of the skin, muscle and bone have corresponding prosthetic parts but the material properties used come from the components in crafting.  AKA It's like having a couple layers of armor on except when something like gears break you still lose motor function just like when a muscle is destroyed with organic limbs.

Currently, you can still wear armor over the prosthetic limb too.  Hands will pick anything up just like normal and legs/feet will move at the normal rate.  It also means that punching and kicking is stronger and based off the material used.

I don't mind them being stronger than organic parts, since you have to survive having your limbs hacked off and it will take a bit of work "upgrading" your gnomes.  I might make it so that you can't wear armor over them and/or reduce the amount of damage each layer can sustain.  I was considering having multiple options (like a weapon instead of a hand) but the added complexity doesn't feel worth it for what you get.  I could have them make your gnomes swing weapons faster and/or run faster but they are already a little too strong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:58:42 AM by RoboB0b »

kyranzor

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.16 released
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
all hail, lord Robobob! What a cool update! I agree that you should not worry too much about making them fixed weapons or special things like that, let the current version of them work for a while and see what feedback/future options are worth pursuing. Go forth and make more cool things!

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:46:38 PM »
Nice one, I definitely intend to check it out.
And probably best not to get too fancy with the prosthetic upgrades, why have an arm with a sword in place of a hand. Better to have a regular hand that can hold a regular sword, or anything else that a hand can hold instead of a single use sword-hand.

But maybe, for the sake of awesome. Should a gnome lose all four limbs he could go full body prosthetic and get a steam-powered mech-suit instead.
Pros: Superawesome weapon of mass destruction.
Cons: Has to have lost all four limbs and still be alive. Can't do any specialized labor (perhaps not a con as your soldiers should only ever fight anyway). Requires coal for fuel.

Just imagine one of those wading through hordes of steel clad goblins and tossing two-headed ogres around.

EDIT: Hmm, just realized, should one of those run out of fuel, should the gnome inside starve to death as he can't reach food. Or maybe fuel is only required for the combat mode. That might make the fuel cost irrelevant though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:55:10 PM by Razekh »

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »
Love the fact I won't have to cheat anymore to keep my long trained gnomes in case of bad luck.

I really think prosthetics should not be given too much an advantage like super strength, speed, or laser gun in the arm la Cobra

(note : if you know that anime, I have bad news for you : you're old  :P)

I think that just being able to make a disabled gnome able to do his job again is enough
Koub - Please keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for your tolerance.

lukazil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »
Would the prosthetics become legendary through use/kills? and would there be a difference in having legendary limbs?

Just saying: being able to Falcon punch ogres to death would be pretty cool.

Splicer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
More like CyborgB0b.

Couple of questions:
1) Can RoboL1mbs get chopped off? If so, does it carry any of the risks of a standard limb chop or is the gnome (RoboGn0me?) fine apart from being down an arm again?
2) Do prostheses count as armour for way of the gnome, or are full body conversion monks an option?
3) How does a limb + armour work damage reductionwise etc?
Would the prosthetics become legendary through use/kills? and would there be a difference in having legendary limbs?

Just saying: being able to Falcon punch ogres to death would be pretty cool.
4) If a gnome dies can you scavenge his robot bits?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:03:56 PM by Splicer »

Creepy_Slime

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
General
  • Added prosthetic limbs

Fixed
  • A couple pixels on the scaffolding sprite

Prosthetic limbs!  They are a bit strong currently and I'm debating what changes I'd like to make if any.  They are unlocked after Steam Engines with tinkering and require a hospital/doctor to install.  I might add some debug options in the game.ini for these RC builds if it's too hard to test normally.

For combat, their composition is similar to organic limbs, meaning that the functions of the skin, muscle and bone have corresponding prosthetic parts but the material properties used come from the components in crafting.  AKA It's like having a couple layers of armor on except when something like gears break you still lose motor function just like when a muscle is destroyed with organic limbs.

Currently, you can still wear armor over the prosthetic limb too.  Hands will pick anything up just like normal and legs/feet will move at the normal rate.  It also means that punching and kicking is stronger and based off the material used.

I don't mind them being stronger than organic parts, since you have to survive having your limbs hacked off and it will take a bit of work "upgrading" your gnomes.  I might make it so that you can't wear armor over them and/or reduce the amount of damage each layer can sustain.  I was considering having multiple options (like a weapon instead of a hand) but the added complexity doesn't feel worth it for what you get.  I could have them make your gnomes swing weapons faster and/or run faster but they are already a little too strong.
could we possibly have surgery in gnomoria to replace a person with arms with robotic ones? 8) terminator baby

Tank2333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
i try to test it soon
i think they can ne stronger than normal limps
it woild be the mext step of gnome kind
maybe different materials could also change attaxk speed and block chance
maybe like steel has slower speed but bettrr armor and block chance and tin would be faster because its a light metal ( i have to look it up if tjats even true :) )

ps: a debug mode would be very nice because i didmt even know that steam engines are a thing :)
trapdoors was the most hitech stuff my gnomes knew

SirNewbzAlot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
Making a new kingdom for this patch, glad that the hauling work is done and onto something different for a while!

Excited to make some steel armed battle monks to rip apart my enemies

seronis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
And now the 'limb replace' function of some of the mod tools need to offer a de-limb option.  Time to mechanize the troops

artuir

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
Love the fact I won't have to cheat anymore to keep my long trained gnomes in case of bad luck.

I really think prosthetics should not be given too much an advantage like super strength, speed, or laser gun in the arm la Cobra

(note : if you know that anime, I have bad news for you : you're old  :P)

I think that just being able to make a disabled gnome able to do his job again is enough

Oh man, I had the biggest laugh thanks to you. Space Adventure Cobra!!!

Thank you very much for the continued updates, RoboB0b!

tomas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 12:43:19 AM »
you could balance it by giving them a negative trait for having prosthetic limbs, increased by each limb that is prosthetic.
[maybe they have to sleep more, or get hungry sooner...]

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »
you could balance it by giving them a negative trait for having prosthetic limbs, increased by each limb that is prosthetic.

I'd say making them move slower would make more sense, since they would probably weigh more than normal limbs.
It wouldn't make much sense having gnomes need more food, since having artificial limbs means your body has less mass to feed :D

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »

If it is mecanic, it needs maintenance. So the negative trait could be the need to see every x days an engineer to do maintenance to the prosthetic limb.

After all, Winry was Edward's engineer (and more, of course) :)
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

English is not my native language, thanks !

ruridale

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 02:32:27 AM »
"Add a penalty to all skill level per prosthetic limb" make more sense