June 22, 2017, 08:31:08 PM

Author Topic: The Sims 4: A Rant  (Read 5404 times)

Sixdd

• View Profile
The Sims 4: A Rant
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
So I'll admit right off that I loves me some Sims 3. With the release of Sims 4 coming I was all excited and gleeful to get my hands on a new release of one of my favorite series, then I read this.

Now don't think that I'm upset about the pools or lack thereof, what pisses me off is that they used the same engine that everybody hated from the latest SimCity and now we won't have any terraforming whatsoever until the bastards at EA decide to release an expansion for it, this just goes to show that EA cares nothing for the fanbase around their IP and only want to make a quick buck.

Since reading this article I have uninstalled Origin and re-purchased Sims 3 on Steam, I know I'm not helping bring down EA by buying one of their games, but I'd rather re-purchase Sims 3 on Steam than spend the same money on Sims 4 now. This doesn't mean that I won't ever play Sims 4 but I certainly will not be purchasing it within my lifetime. EA has officially pissed me off, it was bad when SimCity was a broken and flawed game but now this is just the end for me.
-~ It's all fun and games till somebody gets a job ~-

Juord

• View Profile
Re: The Sims 4: A Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:18 AM »
A EA game...
All the same !
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

English is not my native language, thanks !

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »
Scumbag EA games.

~1700 hours on Gnomoria

Grahbarn

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
WHAT!!! this is crazy... *its just too difficult to code pools because of the functional actions of the sims*??? (that is NOT a direct quote)

But i remember playing the origional sims... (remember the GOTHS in that huge house, with the daughter who had glasses?) i build/baught a pool for them once, and father goth would jump in and go for a swim... that game is more than TEN years old!!! and they dont have the coding knowledge to do it NOW???

Sixdd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »
Exactly. They just want to release pools and terrain tools as DLC later on so they can shove an unfinished game out and make bank on it. There is a historical precedent behind the Sims franchise that states "For every expansion pack in the previous generation there will be two for the current". That isn't a quote but it does ring true for the most part. I just wish EA would have taken the time to change the Glassbox engine enough to actually accomodate the Sims rather than gimping the game and releasing early.
-~ It's all fun and games till somebody gets a job ~-

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »
The gamers must stop buying their games.
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »

Done and done...
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

SkgKyle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »
I could see it now..

"Sims 4 expansion pack coming to you now! Sims 4: Pools, We know you love pools and love spending money so here it is the ultimate DLC, Have a nice refreshing swim in a pool which is too hard to code.

Only 59.99 for this amazing deal."

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
I could see it now..

"Sims 4 expansion pack coming to you now! Sims 4: Pools, We know you love pools and love spending money so here it is the ultimate DLC, Have a nice refreshing swim in a pool which is too hard to code.

Only 59.99 for this amazing deal."

"You will have the DLC for the pool, but the ability to swin will be avalaible soon in the new DLC 'Learn to swim' !"
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

SkgKyle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
"Furniture pack: Pool ladder, Amazing furniture pack it comes with a ladder for your pool! Now your Sims can go in the pool but to swim you have to wait.

amazing deal for only $120!!"

In all seriousness though Sims 3 was full of DLC, To buy all DLC for Sims 3 would cost you $600 plus tax.. That's a bit much

Kelderek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »

QFT.  I haven't bought an EA game since they screwed up SimCity.  I was even wary of buying that one due to how much I hated Origin, but I loved the series and now I regret the purchase (though I did get a free Dead Space 3 from their botched launch).

There are tons of game companies now, especially on the indie game scene.  It isn't hard to let go of EA and their big business, appease-the-shareholders-above-all mentality -- I don't miss them at all.

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »
especially on the indie game scene

It is, now, my first source of game, and I never regret it !!!
I played gnomoria more than 1000 hours, my second game is skyrim, played 250 hours, I have been a fan of the elder scrolls since Morrowind.

It isn't hard to let go of EA and their big business, appease-the-shareholders-above-all mentality -- I don't miss them at all.

The bad thing is than they always make benefits...
So their buisness model will not change soon...
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

Kelderek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »
The bad thing is than they always make benefits...
So their buisness model will not change soon...

This is true, there are suckers born every day who will still buy their crap.  I'm just pointing out that we have plenty of other better options.

I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately and I keep thinking about how I wish all games could have the same business model.  That is by far the best F2P game in existence in my humble opinion and that company is thriving and offering up a high level of quality too.  They were actually smart about their microtransactions -- everything is cosmetic or convenience and it's all good enough that a lot of people have been willing to pay for them.  But you can play 100% of the game without ever paying a dime if you want.

Grahbarn

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »
*QFT* Kel??? say, your not a trucker are you? ;)

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »
This is true, there are suckers born every day who will still buy their crap.  I'm just pointing out that we have plenty of other better options.

Many people are affraid of  indy games.
The fact is than the best concepts are here !

I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately and I keep thinking about how I wish all games could have the same business model.  That is by far the best F2P game in existence in my humble opinion and that company is thriving and offering up a high level of quality too.  They were actually smart about their microtransactions -- everything is cosmetic or convenience and it's all good enough that a lot of people have been willing to pay for them.  But you can play 100% of the game without ever paying a dime if you want.

EA wants money, no gamers thanks...
It is sad, and I totally agree with your point of view.
They bought many franchise (Is it the good word in english ?), and destroyed them for money...
Even without check out than a game was from EA or not, there is a long time than I did not see a EA logo !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:26:28 PM by Juord »
~1700 hours on Gnomoria