August 18, 2017, 01:06:57 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC15 released  (Read 70296 times)

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC4 released
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »
Wheelbarrows are crashing.  I'm almost ready to get a fix out btw.
My game is crashing on load, on RC5.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33453523/Worlds.rar

Razekh

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC1 released
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 11:16:34 PM »
The suspend/unsuspend method seems a little sloppy. Take this hypothetical case:

2 tile stockpile with crates, capable of holding 64 of some item (really doesn't matter what).
Set restock threshold to 32 so that gnomes always haul a full wheelbarrow.
Stockpile level drops to 32, unsuspending the stockpile and generating a haul job to bring items to the pile.
While the job is being executed, a gnome uses an item from the stockpile, generating another haul job for a single item, which we are trying to avoid.
This continues until the hauling gnomes manage to catch up with item usage, one item at a time, and get the pile filled.

A better option, might be to modify the job engine itself so that hauling jobs are not generated if stockpile capacity - restock threshold > items in stockpile + items marked for hauling to stockpile.

Yeah, I have to agree, the suspend mechanic seems a poor solution, also it feels like a quick-fix to just switch what is a manual setting. I think allowing the priority to be affected by stocklevel would be a more flexible solution. By default there is only one priority for all stocklevels. But you can add extra criteria so that for instance, if stock level is below 50% then priority is 3, from 50 to 75 it is 5 and above 75 the priority is 9. It makes things less rigid, you never have the stockpile completely suspended, it is easy to add extra priority layers. You could also reverse it to increase priority as stock level increases to trigger push jobs to clear temporary stockpiles.

A more advanced function could be to have different priorities for stocking from floor, pushing and pulling.

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 06:18:53 AM »
I still have many problems with this release...
It is impossible for my gnomes to stock raw stone...

Here a save to check it out.

I don't have problems with professions or priorities (I have used this set of profession since a long time, and always have at least one hauler).
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

English is not my native language, thanks !

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »

It loaded fine for me but was crashing around 01:00.  The gnome wanted to stock more but the stockpile ran out of room and it created a broken stock job.  I'm gonna upload a fix in a little bit.

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
I still have many problems with this release...
It is impossible for my gnomes to stock raw stone...

Here a save to check it out.

I don't have problems with professions or priorities (I have used this set of profession since a long time, and always have at least one hauler).

I loaded it up and didn't change anything and they are stocking stone just fine for me.

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

I loaded it up and didn't change anything and they are stocking stone just fine for me.

:/
What's up with my binaries, my gnomes just stay idle...

I'll check it out later, time to say "have a good night" in France :-)
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »

All of the stone stockpiles except for 1 are suspended.  Not sure if that helps or not.

spyrexd

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC6 released
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
I just updated to RC6 and my gnomes no longer stock raw stone in stacks of 64. They only stock the raw stone in stacks of 1.

Chelle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »
I just updated to RC6 and my gnomes no longer stock raw stone in stacks of 64. They only stock the raw stone in stacks of 1.
I'm experiencing the same issue.

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »

It loaded fine for me but was crashing around 01:00.  The gnome wanted to stock more but the stockpile ran out of room and it created a broken stock job.  I'm gonna upload a fix in a little bit.

Aah yeah sorry I wasn't more specific. It would crash shortly after I unpaused. Looks like it's working fine now, will keep testing ^_^

*EDIT*

Still crashing :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33453523/2AM%20Crash.rar Game freezes about 2AM after unpausing.

Crash log: (I finally found where it was!)
Code: [Select]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Date: 9/08/2014 10:58:24 AM
Assembly: gnomoria.exe
 Version: 0.9.15.0
   World: world02_20140517182714
 Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at Game.StockResourcePileJob.Claim(Character character)
   at Game.Character.c52de7b831e37872d1e31717e59d4ebaa()
   at Game.Character.cce6e84cf08ff47dc83efe5a3e5f3898d(JobGroup c017624ba3f931aafe85e9252511b39af)
   at Game.Character.FindJob()
   at Game.Behaviors.TakeJob.cce6e84cf08ff47dc83efe5a3e5f3898d(Character cc394770a01f5e1f593a9ae6962cf798e, Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   at Game.BehaviorTree.Action`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   at Game.BehaviorTree.Selector`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   at Game.BehaviorTree.Sequence`1.Execute(T character, Single dt)
   at Game.Character.Update(Single dt)
   at Game.GameEntityManager.cb47392663d0dc2306f9f4f4f0538646e(Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   at Game.GameEntityManager.Update(Single dt)
   at Game.GnomanEmpire.cce48101c3be44fa5bd8b6826610afdec(Single c98206223a14c41d705f29e408e0b44cd)
   at Game.GnomanEmpire.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at A.cebc1c67c4a164a49b1c279b0006957be.c49a93168dc3d77742f5742786a5b60b9(String[] c51864dddd6353b79e1a34e131a62f09a)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:00:18 PM by LittleMikey »

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2014, 11:47:16 PM »

All of the stone stockpiles except for 1 are suspended.  Not sure if that helps or not.

Well...
I don't know why it works fine with you, and not with me...
My gnomes make back and forth between the stockpile (the big one) and somewhere at level 1 (just in front of butchery and bonecarver) with nothing in hands, and their status stays "idle".
I have the same problem with clump stockpile (which is underground) when I put it to priority 1.

I gonna try to load another kingdom, and make a new one if it happens again.
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »

They do for me, are you sure you aren't misreading it. It seems that now, they won't gather and restock items that are already on the tiles covered by the stockpile. So if you place the stockpile across a number of tiles where there already are raw stone, the gnomes will gather more stone from tiles outside the stockpile and stock there, but the stone (stacks of 1) that were already there are never restocked and piled up, instead remaining in a stack of 1 until more stone is brought from elsewhere and stacked on top of them.

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 07:56:28 AM »
However, in RC6, my gnomes will not stock straw. Stone and Dirt seems to work fine, but straw doesn't. I assign a stockpile for straw, occasionally I see gnomes walk over to the stockpile, but they won't do anything, they just walk away and do something else instead without hauling any straw at all. I tested it with a newly generated map, for the straw you get at the start, a new map generated in an older version of gnomoria (starter straw) and a more advanced map (from older version) with some straw from the wheat farms. It didn't work in any of the cases. I tested allowing the stockpile to stock other goods in addition to the straw and it stocked those things fine, but still no straw.

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
However, in RC6, my gnomes will not stock straw. Stone and Dirt seems to work fine, but straw doesn't. I assign a stockpile for straw, occasionally I see gnomes walk over to the stockpile, but they won't do anything, they just walk away and do something else instead without hauling any straw at all. I tested it with a newly generated map, for the straw you get at the start, a new map generated in an older version of gnomoria (starter straw) and a more advanced map (from older version) with some straw from the wheat farms. It didn't work in any of the cases. I tested allowing the stockpile to stock other goods in addition to the straw and it stocked those things fine, but still no straw.

I think it works in some situations, and it doesn't in others.
For me, it is impossible to stock stone, I tried with 3 kingdoms...

Now, we just have to find out why to help Bob to solve the problem.
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

spyrexd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »

They do for me, are you sure you aren't misreading it. It seems that now, they won't gather and restock items that are already on the tiles covered by the stockpile. So if you place the stockpile across a number of tiles where there already are raw stone, the gnomes will gather more stone from tiles outside the stockpile and stock there, but the stone (stacks of 1) that were already there are never restocked and piled up, instead remaining in a stack of 1 until more stone is brought from elsewhere and stacked on top of them.

This is happening on a newly designated stockpile. The gnomes only stock 1 raw stone in each available spot.