June 25, 2017, 06:46:33 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC15 released  (Read 67859 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC2 released
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
Whew!  Finally got that fix/change in.  A lot of work for a seemingly small/subtle addition.  I'm going to catch back up on discussions while prioritizing the next steps.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
Whew!  Finally got that fix/change in.  A lot of work for a seemingly small/subtle addition.  I'm going to catch back up on discussions while prioritizing the next steps.

Just noticed on steam - good work!

Its always the small things that are tough to crack... I'd guess that there are a lot of big things that dont offer half the resistance... Lets give it a test spin ;)
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Tarot1970

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »
Didn't start a new game but:

Basalt and marble piles are being placed into stockpiles designated as bauxite only.
When Clean Floor selected these items they are dumped into the nearest stockpile, whether that pile be for any kind of raw stone, stone blocks, metal ores or bars.

Dirt clumps will also be placed into stockpiles where they are not permitted. Any pile seems to be able to be placed into any stockpile. Created a new stockpile for raw bauxite and it was filled with basalt. Placed a new basalt stockpile beside that and they would just move the stones back and forth between the two stockpiles indefinitely.

Stonecutter/Kiln do not function. Gnome takes material to workshop and the workshop blinks green in perpetuity.

Grahbarn

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
Rob, has anyone told you how amazing you are? (i know we all vent, scream and hate from time to time, but meh :P )

You diserve to put your feet up, have an irish coffee/whiskey or burbon (mines a southern comfort cheers :D) and relax...

Oh, any idea how far you are from *official release*??? JUST ASKING... JUST ASKING! :L

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
Stonecutter/Kiln do not function. Gnome takes material to workshop and the workshop blinks green in perpetuity.

Can confirm this. My gnomes or workshops dont blink, but the gnomes are rooted in the spots inside thw workshops.

Gnomes picking up raw stone are (trying to) using wheelbarrows, and then cant seem to fill them, so they stand there until they get hungry/thirsty or tried (thankfully they dont kill themselves while being mentally overloaded).

Cant confirm stockpiles accepting the wrong things, because it isnt getting hauled at all (thanks to the non-working wheelbarrows). Will test it with a new world quick, brb.

Edit: it seems that Tarot1970 is -kind of- correct. Stockpiles do only accept what you select them to accept. But if you push or pull into another stockpile, that stockpile will now accept anything the starting stockpile accepted. Basically the push/pull will override the target stockpile setting. This glitch only works for "piles" (tested with dirt and stone - probably works with silica too, but I cant test this in a useful timeframe....)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:29:21 PM by Merry76 »
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

LittleMikey

• I'm not insane, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
I guess that's what the test branch is for, right guys :D

o.kayrat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »
There is many bugs like when you give order to build someting, they just stand there and do nothing.

Chelle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 03:48:42 AM »
Firstly I do have a couple of blinking gnomes in workshops, the prospectors workshop and the leatherworker workshop. I also appear to have an issue with a tired Rancher gnome (animal husbandry) when refilling animal troughs with straw. He/she just stands over my alpacas' trough doing nothing (no blinking). The gnome does move if I reassign their profession or remove animal husbandry from their to-do list, however if I reset them with animal husbandry, they go straight back to the alpacas' trough, stand there and do nothing. (I'll try removing/rebuilding the animal troughs plus forcing the gnome to sleep to see if that rectifies the problem.)

Update:- removing/rebuilding the troughs and letting the gnomes sleep did not rectify the problem. I now have two rancher/statues *lol* Also the game crashes after it saves when I use save+exit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:13:02 AM by Chelle »

Immahnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=7145.0
Hello robobob, I'm having crashes with the Refill ammo bug (that is unconfirmed it seems), I fixed the issue but I will give you the link to the thread because it has the save there.

Juord

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »
With my old save games, I have too many problems :
Gnomes get stuck when they fill the throughs, and for some tiles, I can't build/replace wall/floor (the gnome is also stuck).

I have switched branch from the dev to the public one.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:16:51 AM by Juord »
~1700 hours on Gnomoria

English is not my native language, thanks !

Grahbarn

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »
switched branch? what does that mean?

RedDeBlu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
It means he is no longer using the testing build of the game.

If you are using steam, you can "switch branches" from public to test build by right clicking Gnomoria in your library. Click on properties, go to the BETAS tab, and use the pull down menu to select "indev - Public test branch" to test the current in development version. Or select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" to go back to the released, stable public version.

Grahbarn

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
ok, just changed to *indev* mode and started a new map, everything is working fine, however my gnomes are trying to build straw beds (they have put the 2 straws together) but infinatly stay there (the job is still green)... they are frozen in place and will not move unless i cancell the order! can i change back out of indev mode or would i need a fresh install?

*UPDATE*

since the hot-fixes i have kept *indev* and every seems ok at the moment, cheers Rob
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:40:15 PM by Grahbarn »

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC4 released
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
Thanks everyone!  Your feedback definitely helps speed up debugging a lot.  I think the major bugs introduced with yesterdays patch are fixed now.

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.15 RC4 released
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Wheelbarrows are crashing.  I'm almost ready to get a fix out btw.