March 26, 2017, 06:04:25 AM

Author Topic: An odd request  (Read 2626 times)

Grahbarn

An odd request
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
hi there guys... i was wondering if you could give me a project challenge (which may take a month or 2 to achieve)

Rules are simple

1. ANY CONSTRUCTION CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

2. MUST be doable (without the gnome save editors)

3 MUST be on peacful (its a construction challenge after all :P)

4. Standard/Large maps only (my pc wont handle huge and its too boring to do on tiny maps)

5. I would be able to modify the map how i choose (when creating it) I.e. if i want a flat map, thats what i can do... if i want one of those crazy seeds i will use it (crazy seeds are better... why not even GIVE me a seed to do it on)

6. can be ANY kind of construction you can think of (i don't do photo-genic images like cartoon characters or symbols etc)... along the lines of: Buildings/farms/groves and pastures

7. Let me know of a way to upload my images/save files, so you can all look at them and *judge* them

8. FINALLY: THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ANY AND ALL PEOPLE

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
Re: An odd request
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
Umm.... Hollow out the entire map below the surface going all the way down to the lava layer? Then build a giant drill shaped base pointing to the planet's core. Only crazy mega project I could think of on short notice heh.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »
Barad dr  ::)

Koub - Please keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for your tolerance.

Grahbarn

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:49:53 AM »
Umm.... Hollow out the entire map below the surface going all the way down to the lava layer? Then build a giant drill shaped base pointing to the planet's core. Only crazy mega project I could think of on short notice heh.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (but im going to have a grassy platform on the highest natural hieght (depth 0) so i can *survive* with yaks/farm etc)

Koud: Barad Dur??? i would, but i think that would need too much tweaking, and heavy assistance from GSE :P

gcook725: i has started on a HUGE, flat map with no water (by the looks of it). i know i said i wouldnt do huge, but im *stress testing*... if it crashes, it will have to be recreated on a large map... i will try to post at least ONE screen shot per week until compleation, at which point i will try to get some kind of FRAPS prog so i can upload to youtube.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:46:23 AM by Grahbarn »

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
Heh, I actually meant to keep the entire surface (anything exposed to the sky) intact x3. Still works either way though lol.

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (but im going to have a grassy platform on the highest natural hieght (depth 0) so i can *survive* with yaks/farm etc)

Koud: Barad Dur??? i would, but i think that would need too much tweaking, and heavy assistance from GSE :P

gcook725: i has started on a HUGE, flat map with no water (by the looks of it). i know i said i wouldnt do huge, but im *stress testing*... if it crashes, it will have to be recreated on a large map... i will try to post at least ONE screen shot per week until compleation, at which point i will try to get some kind of FRAPS prog so i can upload to youtube.

I expect you will get some serious lag while viewing the inside of this void. The game doesn't seem to handle multiple exposed layers very well. Maybe it processes all the "visible" air blocks as well. (Try zooming out and scrolling to lvl +25 to see what I mean)

Grahbarn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:45 AM »
i saw exactly what you mean in the stress tes (3 years and 2 kingdoms later...) anyway, now i have a plan of attack... im not going to hollow out the *entire insides*, i am going to dig downwards, in a *inner-stepping pyramid* system (reverse strip mining?) leaving about 20 *air blocks* maximum around the inside of this (as an example... i know what im talking about by the way, i will start sending screenies tomorrow)

Grahbarn

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:48 AM »
UPDATE:

all of my kingdoms on huge have failed, due to stagger/click lag...i am now currently working on my first LARGE map, i hope to have a screenshot by friday

Grahbarn

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
ok, my pc is now back up and running, im now doing a SMALL map, because of all the lag on larger maps