September 22, 2017, 04:32:19 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC3  (Read 27163 times)

Grahbarn

Re: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC2
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:44 AM »
the wheelbarrows work on the *stackable* system and are quite buggy when *clean floor* is active

example, gnomes can only carry one log... so they put the logs into wheelbarrows one at a time... (i dont know the max hold limit of a barrow) now say the barrow can hold 32 max limit, and you have say... 28 logs and 4 seeds in the barrow, thusly the barrow is full, then the barrow SHOULD go to the stockpile with the most priority (example, seed stocks is a 3 priority, logs are a 5 prioirty, even though there are more logs, the seeds would be dropped off first... then what MIGHT happen, is the gnome is hungry/thirsty/tired, or spots an enemy... so he prioritises those first, then SHOULD move back to the barrow and finish emptying it) EDIT: unless a far more important job comes up first (like tilling a farm for example)

However, when it comes to the *Clean Floor* command, the gnomes will pick things up one at a time, or in stacks (dpending on the items properties) they will NOT use wheel barrows (that i have noticed)

if i am wrong here, or have misundertood your queary please let me know
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:53:55 AM by Grahbarn »

HaploAW

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC3
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Keep up the awesome updates. Had some time to start a new kingdom to try out the push pull system... Didn't get far enough to see it work but have to say current UI brings in a much desired functionality.... I know there are opinions on changes but I say that should hold up main branch getting this.... BUGS.... Well that's a Goblin of a different color.... ::)

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »
v0.9.14 RC2

I was hoping to have this out sooner but these stocking bugs have proven to be difficult to narrow down.  Both of these were seemingly cascading into other issues and so I wanted to get them out sooner rather than later.  There is still another hard to track down bug where sometimes a stock job will appear to be being worked on by a gnome but that gnome doesn't have a job.  There is another known issue that seems to be even more rare, where wheelbarrows/buckets/sacks are sometimes being left with items in them.  It seemed important to get these fixes out instead of waiting on those other issues.  Once these are all fixed up nicely then I'll push the changes to the main branch and take a look at thresholds.

Not trying how to do your job, but could we try out to handle every "naturally stackable" ressource (wheat, stone, clumps and silicate... I hope I got everything) as a stack of 1/X when they are just one item? The distinction of "clay clump" and "stack of clay clump 1/64" seems to confuse gnomes a lot.

That or I am seriously misinterpreting what I see when Gnomes try to fill a stockpile that holds naturally stackable items.
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
Not trying how to do your job, but could we try out to handle every "naturally stackable" ressource (wheat, stone, clumps and silicate... I hope I got everything) as a stack of 1/X when they are just one item? The distinction of "clay clump" and "stack of clay clump 1/64" seems to confuse gnomes a lot.

That or I am seriously misinterpreting what I see when Gnomes try to fill a stockpile that holds naturally stackable items.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what you quoted.  A single clay clump and a clay pile with only 1 item in it are the same in game.  It just displays a different name so it's easier to read.

chirisu

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »
I'm not sure but it's like this. I just made it a while back and the wheelbarrows/sack appear like this on the stockpile but I think it got bugged.
I can't clear it out and when I look at the list on the trade to get rid of it, there were nothing so I can't get rid of it either. But I just made new buckets/wheelbarrows/sack and they function fine .. except those.
it looks like http://bit.ly/1l9RjLx ----and the yellow color of clean floor just forever get stuck there.
I tried get rid of the stockpile, remove crates but nothing is happening and it just get stuck there.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what you quoted.  A single clay clump and a clay pile with only 1 item in it are the same in game.  It just displays a different name so it's easier to read.

Maybe the quote was indeed a bit off :)

What I am going at is this: if you have a stockpile that accepts "naturally stocked" items (like dirt clumps), gnomes will sometimes put a singular dirt clump on any given free square of the stockpile. A second gnome will then grab them all up again and actually put them into a pile.

If "dirt clump" and "stack of dirt clumps 1/64" is indeed internally the same, my gnomes are seriously retarded in handling their stocking needs. Could be, because they do some odd stuff at times  ;D
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

Youhaveavirus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »
Bug:
Stockpile 1
Stockpile 2

1) Stockpile 1 pulls from Stockpile 2.
2) Delete Stockpile 2.
3) The pull field for Stockpile 1 is " ".
4) Gnomes are trying to pull items from Stockpile " ".
5) Gnomes keep moving an item from one place to another in Stockpile 1.

6) Stockpile Pull Field " " --> "None" -> Bug fixed
~Germany~

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »
Bug:
Stockpile 1
Stockpile 2

1) Stockpile 1 pulls from Stockpile 2.
2) Delete Stockpile 2.
3) The pull field for Stockpile 1 is " ".
4) Gnomes are trying to pull items from Stockpile " ".
5) Gnomes keep moving an item from one place to another in Stockpile 1.

6) Stockpile Pull Field " " --> "None" -> Bug fixed

Thanks, I snuck in a fix for this in todays update.

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

Maybe the quote was indeed a bit off :)

What I am going at is this: if you have a stockpile that accepts "naturally stocked" items (like dirt clumps), gnomes will sometimes put a singular dirt clump on any given free square of the stockpile. A second gnome will then grab them all up again and actually put them into a pile.

If "dirt clump" and "stack of dirt clumps 1/64" is indeed internally the same, my gnomes are seriously retarded in handling their stocking needs. Could be, because they do some odd stuff at times  ;D

I think this comes from before wheelbarrows.  Piles of dirt/stone/whatever are containers like a crate.  When a gnome goes to stock a clump of dirt and there aren't any containers to put it into, he'll drop it in a free square, creating a new container.  If other gnomes were stocking at the same time, that container doesn't yet exist for them to stock into.  Once one exists they will restock everything into the pile, which is what you're seeing.  I think what I could do now is treat piles like wheelbarrows to get the results that most people I think are expecting.  They would have to be slightly different but could reuse most of it.  Sometimes they'll also pull clumps individually out of a pile instead of picking up the whole pile to stock.  I haven't looked into why that happens sometimes.

cpg tidus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2014, 09:18:32 PM »
miners randomly not mining for any reason just chilling in great hall and second large build orders causing random lag it ends when the build finishes
edit: i can alt tab and the lag stops
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:20:26 PM by cpg tidus »