December 14, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC3  (Read 28861 times)

Kelderek

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.13.3
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
I'll build a porcellaine tower in your honor then!

Will you have a porcelain throne too?   8)

Agnomstic

• View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.13.3
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
I'll build a porcellaine tower in your honor then!

Will you have a porcelain throne too?   8)

And when gnomes get upset and drink too much alcohol, can they make an offering at the porcelain throne?  ;D

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC1
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »
Just edited the main post with today's update.  If anyone comes across any bugs, just post them here and I'll try to get it fixed quickly.

Stickle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 03:44:29 PM »
This isn't a bug (I haven't had the opportunity to play since you updated), but a question: what happens if a workshop is set up to pull or push goods from another stockpile with the same priority?

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
Workshops aren't setup to pull or push goods.  Crafted items in a workshop are considered "unstocked".  If 2 stockpiles have the same priority and one is set to pull or push to the other it works the same as it did before.  The gnomes will work the stockpile that is closer to them.  I can see there being some confusion with "push" though.  If a high priority stockpile is set to push, those goods won't move until a gnome gets to the lower priority receiving stockpile.  Anytime a good would enter a stockpile it happens in stockpile priority order, if that makes sense.

You can however setup 2 or more stockpiles in a circular fashion.  I don't know why you'd do that necessarily but I don't prevent it.

Stickle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »
Workshops aren't setup to pull or push goods.  Crafted items in a workshop are considered "unstocked".  If 2 stockpiles have the same priority and one is set to pull or push to the other it works the same as it did before.  The gnomes will work the stockpile that is closer to them.  I can see there being some confusion with "push" though.  If a high priority stockpile is set to push, those goods won't move until a gnome gets to the lower priority receiving stockpile.  Anytime a good would enter a stockpile it happens in stockpile priority order, if that makes sense.

You can however setup 2 or more stockpiles in a circular fashion.  I don't know why you'd do that necessarily but I don't prevent it.

Sorry, that's what I meant - stockpiles. That's good to know, the way that works wasn't very clear to me based on the brief patch notes! This is an awesome addition, I'm looking forward to testing it out tonight.

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »
Sorry, that's what I meant - stockpiles. That's good to know, the way that works wasn't very clear to me based on the brief patch notes! This is an awesome addition, I'm looking forward to testing it out tonight.

That's what I thought you meant ;)  Thanks for asking for clarification!  For some reason, I'm having a harder time describing this update succinctly.  I feel like it needs diagrams :P  I'll probably revise the patch notes before copying everything to the main/default branch.

Raneck

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
Some initial tests:

Low priority guard station food/drink pulls from higher priority main stockpile: workshop production goes to main stockpile first (in my case, the main stockpile is right next to workshop) and then is later distributed out.

High priority local mining stockpile pushes to low priority main stockpile:  Stone is stocked at the local stockpile, later moved to main stockpile.

It seems that the only difference between push/pull is that a stockpile can only pull from one other stockpile, but  many stockpile can push to a single central stockpile.

So, lets say that A is our high priority stockpile, and B is our low priority stockpile.  U stands for unstocked goods.

A pushes to B:  U  goes to A, later transferred to B if B has room.  U goes directly to B if A is full
A pulls from B: Goods are taken from B to A if A has room, then U goes to A, then U goes to B if A is full.
B pushes to A:  U goes to A if room, other wise U goes to B, then A takes goods from B if A has room.
B pulls from A: U goes to A if room, otherwise U goes to B, then B takes goods from A.

Contradiction from patch notes?

"When stocking a given stockpile, gnomes will first attempt to pull goods from other stockpiles before stocking unstocked goods"

vs.

"Each of the smaller stockpiles can be set to pull from the large one.  If the small stockpile has a higher priority than the large one, unstocked goods will go there first and when full go to the large one second.  When the small stockpile is no longer full, it will pull goods from the large one if no unstocked goods exist."

Raneck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
As testing continues. i find that when gnomes are stocking stockpiles (stone in this case), they are trying to pick up items when their wheelbarrow is already full and getting stuck.  Also, when pushing from a high priority to a low priority, gnomes seems to be dropping the item, restocking it in the high priority, trying to pick it up again, etc., over and over.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:28:44 PM by Raneck »

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »
Contradiction from patch notes?

"When stocking a given stockpile, gnomes will first attempt to pull goods from other stockpiles before stocking unstocked goods"

vs.

"Each of the smaller stockpiles can be set to pull from the large one.  If the small stockpile has a higher priority than the large one, unstocked goods will go there first and when full go to the large one second.  When the small stockpile is no longer full, it will pull goods from the large one if no unstocked goods exist."

I'm not sure what I was trying to say in that second quote.  I think I got a little ahead of myself and confused the sentence.  In that scenario, the small stockpile would pull from the large before getting unstocked goods.  I think while writing that sentence, I was picturing a scenario where a low priority stockpile was pulling from a high priority one.  It would only pull if there are no unstocked goods because if there were, they would first stock to the high priority pile.

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
As testing continues. i find that when gnomes are stocking stockpiles (stone in this case), they are trying to pick up items when their wheelbarrow is already full and getting stuck.  Also, when pushing from a high priority to a low priority, gnomes seems to be dropping the item, restocking it in the high priority, trying to pick it up again, etc., over and over.

Ok thanks.  I'll have to try it again as I wasn't able to reproduce that earlier.

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
Workshops aren't setup to pull or push goods.

Any chance you might implement this, if a workshop is set to push then the gnome working it will automatically transfer goods to the target pile, keeping the workshop clutterfree at the cost of having to take time off work.

Also, have you considered conditionals on push and pull. For instance, only pull to this pile if it is less than half full, to avoid an unnecessary amount of small hauling jobs as soon as a single spot opens up. Making sure that the gnomes wait until they can do a full wheelbarrow run, or carry a whole stack of stone or dirt.

DaniAngione

• Watching the world burn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
Also, have you considered conditionals on push and pull. For instance, only pull to this pile if it is less than half full, to avoid an unnecessary amount of small hauling jobs as soon as a single spot opens up. Making sure that the gnomes wait until they can do a full wheelbarrow run, or carry a whole stack of stone or dirt.

I second this. Would be very useful.

I suppose it should be quite simple, like just choose a treshold/empty % of the stockpile (for example)

Toge

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 06:38:42 AM »

I second this. Would be very useful.

I suppose it should be quite simple, like just choose a treshold/empty % of the stockpile (for example)

I'm very happy to see this push/pull -system, as without it I've been unable to build the logistic system of my dreams =) But this! This is very much needed! It's the last missing piece of my lean gnome logistics initiative. Just the threshold % for example would be more than enough.

Stickle

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »

If we do actually get something like this (which would be great!) I wouldn't want it restricted to the stockpile transfer mechanics. It would be a shame if we couldn't do something similar regarding unstocked items. It's pretty frustrating, for example, to see my haulers rush down to the mines in a long train to pick up ore or stone one at a time as it's being used up. If we get thresholds, then they should apply regardless of the source.

I've played around with the system a bit; unfortunately my current kingdom is not very efficient... I've only been able to really use it so far in situations with temporary emergency stockpiles, but it does seem to be working!