November 21, 2017, 11:06:51 AM

Author Topic: Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC3  (Read 28348 times)

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Gnomoria v0.9.14 RC3
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
v0.9.14 RC3
Fixed
  • Rare case of a stock job not properly updating when 1 item of many is stocked, resulting in the job never actually completing

v0.9.14 RC2

I was hoping to have this out sooner but these stocking bugs have proven to be difficult to narrow down.  Both of these were seemingly cascading into other issues and so I wanted to get them out sooner rather than later.  There is still another hard to track down bug where sometimes a stock job will appear to be being worked on by a gnome but that gnome doesn't have a job.  There is another known issue that seems to be even more rare, where wheelbarrows/buckets/sacks are sometimes being left with items in them.  It seemed important to get these fixes out instead of waiting on those other issues.  Once these are all fixed up nicely then I'll push the changes to the main branch and take a look at thresholds.

Fixed
  • Stock jobs sometimes getting stuck in a limbo state where it hasn't been removed and gnomes aren't performing the job
  • When pushing or pulling goods, gnomes sometimes try and fail to combine items of different material (apple + strawberry wine) in the same transport container (bucket)
v0.9.14 RC1

I decided to change up the naming convention slightly.  I think the "release candidate" label helps separate these builds from the ones in the main branch while conveying that they are leading up to the 0.9.14 release there as well.

General
  • Stocked goods can be transferred from one stockpile to another
    • Added Transfer tab to stockpile UI
    • Each stockpile can "push" and "pull" goods to another stockpile.  This still allows for many stockpiles to push to the same one
    • Stockpiles that push to another one are listed in the other stockpiles UI as well as their own.
    • Stockpiles are still worked in priority order.  When stocking a given stockpile, gnomes will first attempt to pull goods from other stockpiles before stocking unstocked goods
In one scenario, you could have a large stockpile of food and drink with several smaller stockpiles spread around near guard stations, distant miners, great hall, etc.  Each of the smaller stockpiles can be set to pull from the large one.  If the small stockpile has a higher priority than the large one, unstocked goods will go there first and when full go to the large one second.  When the small stockpile is no longer full, it will pull goods from the large one if no unstocked goods exist.  If the large stockpile has a higher priority, unstocked goods will always go there first and later fill the smaller piles as necessary.

In another scenario, you can have many smaller high priority stockpiles near workshops to quickly clear space.  They can be set to push to a larger, lower priority stockpile for longer term storing.

I've been working out bugs the last couple days and would like to iron out anything I missed then copy the indev branch over to the main one.

v0.9.13.3
General
  • Added game.ini to install directory
    • Has "savefolder" parameter to specify the directory for save games as well as settings.ini
    • If game.ini is missing or the savefolder parameter is empty/invalid it will default to the original directory (Documents/My Games/Gnomoria)
    • Some paths will require Gnomoria to be run as administrator to have write access
v0.9.13.2
General
  • Added silica - Obtained through prospecting in addition to slivers
  • Added ceramic tile - Crafted at a Kiln with clay, silica and coal
  • Changed Ceramic Wall recipe to use ceramic tile.  The wall value is now 20 instead of 0.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:57:58 AM by RoboB0b »

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.13.2
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:06:12 PM »
Wewt! You took my suggestion from reddit and here, then made it better! Really like the prospector idea. Since it is possible to obtain silica now, it'd also be possible for you to add other glass-like items at a later time as well since most sand is silica based anyways. I like that you made this possible as well without changing any world generation as well.

Edit -- A note: Glass made of high purity sand (silica) is generally known as fused quartz or fused silica. Its thermal and optical properties are considered superior due to its purity. It's normally not used in much outside of semiconductors and lenses since in the real world its kinda expensive since its difficult to get such pure silica... Doesn't mean its difficult for gnomes to get pure silica though x3.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:03:59 PM by gcook725 »

Check out my first mod: Glassworks!
It has windows!
Also, check out my Twitter!

Razekh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
Nice, I might not opt in for this indev version though, I will see. But, could you add a popup window on game start to inform us that the game has been updated, both for indev and full patches.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:28:35 AM »
Sounds interesting. However it apears to be rather rare, if you have to employ prospecting to get it. Anyway, off to the testbranch mobile.
Have a problem or a fortress so awesome it needs to be shared?

Well, go on, dont be shy! Use the GnomeworldPool Dropbox account!
How to share Savegames

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
@Merry76: The rarity would explain the higher worth of the walls and floors however. Currently out of pre-metal floors and walls the highest value tiles are framed blocks/smooth stone walls/floors and paneled blocks/smooth stone walls, both at 20. I presume the reasoning behind that is that they both take 2 materials that individually create 10 worth walls/floors on their own.

With this indev version, it makes ceramic tiles on par by combining a 0 worth clump of clay with a semi-rare clump of silica. Its basically a way to upgrade your vast amounts of zero worth clay and dirt into fairly high worth (excluding metals) ceramic walls/floors.

I can also see ceramic tiles/silica being available from merchants at a later point as well, which would make it easier to obtain for building at the cost of spending some of your worth on it.

It has windows!

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
Re: Gnomoria v0.9.13.3
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »
Updated the main post with v0.9.13.3 changes

Raneck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
The savefolder setting is awesome, btw.  I have mine going to dropbox which has (limited) version control!

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
So far no problems. All the not-set-to-fixed bugs are still in (like replacing floors under stairs, when the builder has to use those stairs to get there for example).

All the rest works. The droprate of silica is a bit low for my tastes. Cant reliably create a ceramic castle without digging up the entire map (or buying the entire map off merchants...). Maybe up it a bit or make it buyable? Especially if its intended to create bottles for potions later on. If not, its probably ok :)

How to share Savegames

Stickle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
I agree with Merry. I've discovered no new bugs, but all the old ones are still obviously there. I also find the silica to be more uncommon that it seems like it should be based on what it does. If it were used to make things like glass windows or something, then I like the idea of it being relatively hard to obtain, though!

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
So, while playing today I just found it interesting that silica is "invisible". That is that it doesn't have any texture. I can easily see why since I doubt RoboB0b has had a chance to get a texture made up for it. However since silica in its purest form is basically quartz and when in a powdered form looks like white sand/powder (depending on the grit), just having the game use the dirt texture and making it white would work.

Also feeling the drop rate for silica is a bit low like Stickle and Merry76. It might be better if there's a chance of it coming out of prospecting along with slivers rather than instead of slivers. That is to say the chance of getting a sliver and getting some silica are completely independent of each other. Another way to offset this is to have quartz as a semi-rare ore/gemstone in world gen and have it be crushed (prospector maybe?) or cooked down (furnace) into a few piles of silica.

It has windows!

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »
So, while playing today I just found it interesting that silica is "invisible". That is that it doesn't have any texture. I can easily see why since I doubt RoboB0b has had a chance to get a texture made up for it. However since silica in its purest form is basically quartz and when in a powdered form looks like white sand/powder (depending on the grit), just having the game use the dirt texture and making it white would work.

Not sure if you got the right texture file (are you using a modded one?) but in my game - using the standard ones, no seasons for me :( - the silica looks like a pile of white powder that stacks to 64. I am not sure if it uses the "dirt pile" texture and just fills it with 2 kinds of white, but it sure looks like it. Is your stockpile on an engraved marble floor?

How to share Savegames

gcook725

• Check out Glassworks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
Ah yeah. That's probably it. I forgot I was using Seasons heh. I'll probably edit the tileset with the new silica image then x3. Carry on!

EDIT: Yep, that was the issue. Also it does appear to be merely the dirt icon, just white. Also it's amusing that ceramic tile floors are called "ceramic ceramic floor". I can see why since you're using a ceramic tile to make a ceramic floor, but maybe a name change to "tile floor" from "ceramic floor" would help with the redundancy?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:37:56 PM by gcook725 »

It has windows!

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »
EDIT: Yep, that was the issue. Also it does appear to be merely the dirt icon, just white. Also it's amusing that ceramic tile floors are called "ceramic ceramic floor". I can see why since you're using a ceramic tile to make a ceramic floor, but maybe a name change to "tile floor" from "ceramic floor" would help with the redundancy?

The department of redunancy department agres with your statemnt. Nice spotting!

How to share Savegames

RoboB0b

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gnomoria
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
It might be better if there's a chance of it coming out of prospecting along with slivers rather than instead of slivers. That is to say the chance of getting a sliver and getting some silica are completely independent of each other.

That's how it currently works.  I'll up the drop rate though.  I was planning on adding it to merchants too.

Merry76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
That's how it currently works.  I'll up the drop rate though.  I was planning on adding it to merchants too.

I'll build a porcellaine tower in your honor then!

How to share Savegames