September 20, 2017, 05:57:24 AM

Poll

Reaction to Rayleri?

Not too bad so far.  Waiting to see what comes of it.
Not sure.  Too early to tell.
Starting to think the OP needs to read a friggin' guide....
Beating my head against the wall in frustration!

Author Topic: Rayleri: My attempt to actually stick with a map for more than 3 years.  (Read 14169 times)

SerifMarak

• View Profile
Re: Rayleri: My attempt to actually stick with a map for more than 3 years.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:51 PM »
Mmmm....

Tomorrow.

I shall be returning to Rayleri tomorrow.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 01:56:47 PM »

Winter Year 3 was definitely not the easiest place to jump back into this map after being gone for so long.

Mistakes were made.
I opened the door to let in my one new Gnome (assigned as a Farmer) and the Gnomes just kept going out to gather random things.  Some dirt from one of the terraces at the border that I am looking at leveling, for instance.
Despite keeping an eye on these events in the hopes that I could get it closed up in time, a massive swarm of Goblins with an Ogre in tow decided that my door needed to die.
Unfortunately, unlike that one weird group that kicked my door in and then walked off the map, these guys were not so easy to deter.
Two of my soldiers, Bemi and Pit, were killed in action.
Cyr, of course, is still awesome.
Rayleri has been dealing with Golems lately.  Cause, you know, THAT'S not bothersome at all....
They're little more than pests for my soldiers, luckily, but damn do they disrupt work flow.
Working on sealing the main structure and lighting it up, and considering reloading this map.  Possibly.  Maybe.
We'll see.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
One game breaking bug later, and the gnomes are done.

Between sunset 12 Winter 3 and sunrise 1 Spring 4, several of my gnomes died, the soldiers are stuck in a single pile and aren't cooperating when I try to fix them, my workers are running all over the place, passing out, dying of hunger or thirst....
Good news is that I got 6 new gnomes shortly after sunrise.

I stuck with this map for 4 years before it broke.

I think I'll just load up a random map this time.  See what I can make of it.

Squiddie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
Wanna see what i did with this seed few weeks back heres a link to the save all legit apart from the fact i spawned more gnomes because i couldn't be arsed to wait for them to come naturally :) and yes all work was done by me :) and like you i just got bored with it After i built the castle but its by far one of the biggest castles i've done http://www.mediafire.com/view/nya12c0w8va5a8n/world03
Also your welcome to play it if you want to
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:16:45 AM by Squiddie »

Notho

• View Profile
I know it's kind of old, but I enjoyed reading this. I hope you do another one in the future.

SerifMarak

• View Profile
I know it's kind of old, but I enjoyed reading this. I hope you do another one in the future.
Wish granted.
http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=7943.0