September 20, 2017, 12:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Having fun with Insults  (Read 4534 times)

Dr_Fireball

• I think I know how to solve your problems...
    • View Profile
Having fun with Insults
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »
Insulting Goblins can be sometimes... extremely rewarding...

Normal atacks were about 3 raiders, 3 soldiers and two ogres, now... I guess they just want to come live here.

In this invasion, there were atleast 5 units per square, it was hilarious.
[/URL]

I love this game... and I had a good laugh with this.

Kelderek

• View Profile
Re: Having fun with Insults
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
Do you recall how much of an insult you sent, what was the number?

Bezdomny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:00:39 AM »
I haven't tried an insult yet.
Does the gnome you send to deliver the insult make it back unharmed or is it a suicide mission?

Dr_Fireball

• I think I know how to solve your problems...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »
The Gnome does come back unharmed, but at my first try the Goblin attack came shortly after the Gnome came, I almost thought they were chasing him, this time, I think it came a day after atleast.

I must have sent around 40 goblin skulls and 10 Ogre's, it was lategame and my score was around 170k.

I recall having sent more on a occasion without having such consequences though, maybe the insults sent accumulate, I don't know, I'm going to make more backups next time I try this.  :D

Koub

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Last time I sent an insult, I got a visit of 3 two headed ogres with a few gobelins... It was year 2 something (IIRC, maybe 3), and I was partially stuffed in bronze ... I got vaporized  :D
Koub - Please keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you for your tolerance.

WolfHealr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:22:58 AM »
Heh... I've used insults 3 times so far, after I got my entrance/exit traps finished.

First was ~1500 sent, they showed up immediately after my 'Ambassador' returned (1 game minute... poor guy got to move one step towards safety before dying). Final tally of corpses was 41 goblins and 11 ogres. May have been more, I had some crossbowgnomes wounding them before the trap lever got pulled, and I think a few ran off bleeding.

Turned them all to sausage, and sent everything on the list except the two headed hide to them. Came in around ~10500, I think. Same thing on the return for my poor gnome, 1 step and dead. 411 goblins, 100 or so ogres. I remembered to turn off my butcher before collecting the bodies, and I've got a fun screenshot (and backup save) of all them surrounding the corpse of my dead 'volunteer'. The pile of worn armor filled up my smelting stockpile, and a 32x64 space besides.

Hubris got the best of me, though, when I butchered the lot, left the skulls uncarved, and sent off ~110000 this time. A regular raid came in before my Insulter got back, so he lived... and then a few days later the retribution came. The lag brought my (pretty beefy) computer to its knees... sigh for no multithreading. After noting the arrival time and going to a backup save, I optimized everything for the arrival - got all my gnomes unarmed so no one was shooting , stationed at single square guard posts underground, no actions going on, and 8(!) lever pullers ready to rush. Killed the raid in one go. No idea how many were there, though; the lag was so bad that I got the wall down and path opened up to the bodies, but could deal 1 frame every 3 seconds anymore. I'm guessing 5000+ guys, with all their equipment too :P

Shurp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
Thread necro!

After reading the below... am I correct in thinking that it's about 30 pts of value per goblin that shows up?  So if I want to summon a 10 goblin attack (and maybe 3 ogres) a 300 pt insult should do the trick?