June 23, 2018, 04:12:00 PM

Author Topic: Using the Report to Moderator feature  (Read 1210 times)

Cat

• View Profile
Using the Report to Moderator feature
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
Greetings Gnoministrators,

I would like to take this time to inform those who may not know about the report to moderator function on how it works. If you see a post that you feel does not follow the forum rules and guidelines, in the bottom right hand corner of that post (and every post, it is available on each one specifically), you can select "Report to Moderator." Once you click that button, You are displayed with a brief explanation on the feature and given a comment box where you can describe what you believe to be the issue with the post.

This is single-handedly the best way to highlight an issue on the forums. You see, whenever a report is sent using the report to moderator feature, I receive an email that can allow me to respond in a timely manner. I'm not superman, though, and can not be here all day to manage posts but I make sure to take time everyday to help resolve issues.

If you feel a topic should be moved to another forum, such as a bug posted in the help and guides forum or a suggestion posted in the general forum, feel free to use the report to moderator feature here too! Reports do not just have to be about rule breaking, and nothing bad happens after a report is made.

If you are not sure if a post is breaking a rule or guideline, feel free to submit a report anyway. Unless you abuse the report to moderator function, I personally would prefer reviewing one rule breaking post instead of removing 15 posts that take a thread off topic or becoming combative.

In short, let the moderator team handle issues, and do not take it in your own hands to fix the issue; this could escalate the situation. Let us do the dirty work!

I appreciate you taking the time to check out this post, for those who made it this far. The moderator and administrator teams do not have the time to read every single topic and reply, so it falls on the community as a whole to properly maintain the forums. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:39:27 AM by Cat »
Wiki | Bugzilla | Chat | Bugs
The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Robotronic Games unless specified as such.